Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, this will make my life a little easier when instantly contacting family and friends in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjj11 View Post
    LISTEN UP EVERYBODY!!! This is how u can impress ur friends...tell them ur facebook chatting with them via ur phone!!! At first they won't believe u (i didn't know that was possible they'll say!)...and then they will ask you which marvelous phone can do such thing...to which ur reply will be...a palm pre phone can!!!! Oh yes it can!!!!
    I've been getting messages late into the night from people telling me to get off of Facebook & go to sleep. And then I tell them my phone has FB chat & they're like "Ohhh. Log out though, you're confusing everyone."
    Follow Me On

When I try to sign in now, I get the never ending spinner and it says "signing in", but it doesn't sign in. The one time my contacts did show up, it still was saying "signing in"
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I installed the patch but where do i go to use it?? from the facebook app? or facebook mobile???
    so i'm receiving messages but am unable to respond, when i try to respond it says 'user offline. send anyways?' but the person doesnt receive the message. also, it's not signing in the circle just keeps spinning

edit: ok, it is now signed in and i have a buddy list of all my friends but when i respond to messages the text is staying faded like it does before a text is sent. any ideas?
    Last edited by rocknrollbandit; 03/18/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    This signature for rent
    works great!! Thabks OP and jason keep up the good work!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    does this Facebookchat workaround work with the messaging plugin patch/messagin sys. and msn live plugin?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Seeing similar issues-- endless "Signing In" diaglog box, when that goes to "Available," I only had half a green circle, etc.

I *might* be confusing this a little, as I also have a facebook plugin for Pidgin running on my desktop, and just to really screw things up, I'm actually going to get onto facebook itself in a few minutes.

It does appear to work eventually, though-- could some of these problems be contact-list-size related?

I've got just over 300...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    where do I add 69.63.181.104 talk.google.com?
    i really dont get where to enter these numbers..? someone HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    I installed the patch but where do i go to use it?? from the facebook app? or facebook mobile???
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherneenie View Post
    i really dont get where to enter these numbers..? someone HELP!
    holy crap.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    these numbers are an IP address.
    and thats exactly what the patch does, it adds these to the /etc/hosts file, so it resolves the facebook chat server.

install the patch, add a new google talk account with yourfacebookchataccount@chat.facebook.com
    works great thanks guys
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    The procedure appears to create duplicate contacts from Facebook in my Pre. I spent some time cleaning up my contacts list by manually linking the contact profiles. If you experienced this, then you might want to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by andred View Post
    does this Facebookchat workaround work with the messaging plugin patch/messagin sys. and msn live plugin?
    If you're referring to Greg's plugins then yes. It works perfectly fine with them.
    Thanks Rob for this. Got it working just fine.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    hey guys my sign in is stuck as well can anyone help me!!! i loaded my patch with preware.. idk if i have to still root my pre to use the patch..
    i no that myspace is pretty much obselete and there is no app for myspace on the pre but for myspace IM would a similar process like this patch be possible?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i no that myspace is pretty much obselete and there is no app for myspace on the pre but for myspace IM would a similar process like this patch be possible?
    consider buying the IM+ app it works with myspace
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    read the reviews on that app, it is definitely not ready for prime time yet plus its $9.99 thats steep, but thanks anyways for your input
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    use the mobile myspace site, you can use myspace chat on it.