Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ^^ Remember, your username is NOT your email address that you use for facebook. A while back, FBOOK asked users to create a unique username..it should be on your info tab on fbook wall. for instance your fbook direct webpage uses your user id...example: www.facebook.com/johnsmith45 the johnsmith45 is the username and your pw is the one you use to access fbook..just a thought on your issue
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Is it me or did this bork anybody else's ability to set their status message to away or even sign out. Even after I removed the service, now I can't log out of my normal google chat account without removing it too. Related or is it a known bug?
    a lot of my contacts are not linking right? anyone else?

Its making contact search very slow.
    I just want to know how to sign out of the chat without completely removing the account. Because i don't want to be always available to chat, there are people i don't want to talk to in facebook.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    on the "buddies" tab click the green dot and it'll bring up a menu to appear as busy or log off
    thanks!!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Just sign out when your finished and it wont kill your battery.
    How do you sign out? I looked but can't find a way.
    In the messaging app when its green and says available. Just tap the green button with white outline and tap sign out.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledsoxfan View Post
    I don't seem to have that option when I click on the account. Is there another patch that you have installed that allows that?
    I just figured it out, click on the "available" part next to the green dot. It will let you pick "available, busy or offline".
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I just figured it out, click on the "available" part next to the green dot. It will let you pick "available, busy or offline".
    you can also place a custom status such as "i'm mobile" to replace "available"
    u guys have to make a video on "how to" fo sho!!!!!
    I think the way that the original setup worked was intended to make it very easy to set up an xmpp account for a domain that subscribes to the google apps platform. I have a few domains that I signed up for the service, and all I had to do to set the domains' xmpp accounts up on my pre was enter in a new "google talk" account and enter in my complete username@domain (instead of just my google 'username') and it connected right away, presumably because it was sent to the servers at talk.google.com.

If you use this patch to send all other domains than gmail to facebook's xmpp server's ip address, won't it make it so that any other google apps domains that you have configured will no longer continue to work?

In other words, doesn't this patch make it so that you have to trade off having all of your google apps' jabber services for just facebook chat?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alienseer23 View Post
    I think the way that the original setup worked was intended to make it very easy to set up an xmpp account for a domain that subscribes to the google apps platform. I have a few domains that I signed up for the service, and all I had to do to set the domains' xmpp accounts up on my pre was enter in a new "google talk" account and enter in my complete username@domain (instead of just my google 'username') and it connected right away, presumably because it was sent to the servers at talk.google.com.

If you use this patch to send all other domains than gmail to facebook's xmpp server's ip address, won't it make it so that any other google apps domains that you have configured will no longer continue to work?

In other words, doesn't this patch make it so that you have to trade off having all of your google apps' jabber services for just facebook chat?
    What are google apps? Where do you get them?
    can I get some remedial directions for making the facebook chat spoof work?
    LISTEN UP EVERYBODY!!! This is how u can impress ur friends...tell them ur facebook chatting with them via ur phone!!! At first they won't believe u (i didn't know that was possible they'll say!)...and then they will ask you which marvelous phone can do such thing...to which ur reply will be...a palm pre phone can!!!! Oh yes it can!!!!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mada3225 View Post
    can I get some remedial directions for making the facebook chat spoof work?
    1. install it from Preware
    2. go to the facebook site and setup your jabber account here:
    Facebook Chat. Everywhere. | Facebook
    3. use that username for a new google talk messaging account on your phone (if the name you created is preBunny, use preBunny@chat.facebook.com)
    sweet
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    i tap on the green button to change my status and nothing pops up. used to work in1.3.5

is this a documented bug for some people
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by alienseer23 View Post

Yes, you are right: when you have Google Apps accounts that do not end at "gmail.com" or "googlemail.com" of which you want to use the chat functionality, you cannot use the facebook patch. It is either one or the other, not both.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    What are google apps? Where do you get them?
    Google Apps Standard Edition helps groups build communities - Google Apps Standard Edition

(I'm not affiliated with Google, YMMV)