Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Probably a very dumb question but these convos are not goign to be classed as text messages are they? I only say as in the two conversations i had in fb chat last night only the first two comments i made in chat had the google 'talk' image to the far left above the comment. After that it just seems to be a standard text convo. Hope it dosent coutn seeign as i onyl get 500 texts a month!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here it is, in patch form

Thanks robvanvliet
    Thanks to the OP and Thanks to Jason... You guys rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Gotcha. So right now, I have to pick whether I want Facebook or Google Talk via Google Apps. Uggghhh. Figures that the most exciting thing to come down the pipe in a long time with have a huge 'gotcha' for me!

I was using the other messaging plugins before, but they were flaky and didn't work as well as this seems to. Sucks having to choose between the two, though.

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Amen!

And (sadly?) I'm actually giving serious consideration to choosing FB chat over Google (Apps) Talk. I already uninstalled the patch, so I have my Google chat back, but I'm thinking about switching it back again.

I can hardly wait till someone figures out a way to get both of them working. Bad thing is, how many WebOS users also use Google Apps and want to use Facebook chat? Guess we'll find out.

/Kevin
    Just install the xmbb/jabber version of the messaging plugins. You will leave the gmail intact, and have a separate protocol for facebook.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Jason I installed your patch using WebOS Quick Install - after installing it restarted.

Then I opened message app. Went to add account. It gives two choices: google talk or aim
    I chose google talk
    or user name I entered username@chat.facebook.com
    (username was facebook username)
    for password entered my facebok password
    it did not work
    what did I do wrong? Did I not install the patch correctly? Did I miss some step?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    If you haven't received help on this yet, I found going into facebook and logining on then going to my account and actually looking up my username was actaully my firstname.lastname
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    On another note.... Is anyone else experiancing a really long "signing in" time with your buddies list? Is there a work around for this or is the signing in process just going to be ongoing?!?!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Is there any way of keeping this from adding facebook to my contacts? I don't want all those extra contacts on my phone! I just want to use the chat! When I go to Contact preferences Google doesn't show up for me to remove them!
    Quote Originally Posted by pacha248 View Post
    Is there a way to only sign out of fb chat but still be able to stay signed in with AIM?
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Is there anyway to keep the account and sign out?
    Yes. Open the messaging app & go to "Preferences & Accounts". Click on the account & a dropdown will appear. Click "Sign off" & it will sign off of that account only. See attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I installed the patch, and was able to get it setup properly. It has been "signing" in for about 20 minutes now. However even though the signing in is still spinning I can receive FBchat messages but I can't send them. Anybody else having that issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Yes. Open the messaging app & go to "Preferences & Accounts". Click on the account & a dropdown will appear. Click "Sign off" & it will sign off of that account only. See attachment.
    This doesn't work for me. If I tap an account, I just get a Change Login Settings page. I'm not sure how to get the screen you attached.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

this is pretty cool. I was wondering though, if it was this easy to set up and we know it works. Why would palm not set this up themselves? Just thinking it's a pretty good selling point.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    This doesn't work for me. If I tap an account, I just get a Change Login Settings page. I'm not sure how to get the screen you attached.
    Hmm. I guess that drop down menu might be part of greg_roll's messaging plugins. I assumed it was just a new feature that came with webOS 1.4
    Follow Me On

Is there any way to make it so that this patch doesn't completely murder your battery life?
    world like a charm here as if I'm texting I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    Just install the xmbb/jabber version of the messaging plugins. You will leave the gmail intact, and have a separate protocol for facebook.
    Yeah, that's how I had it setup, but they seemed flaky and I could never get it working 100% the way I wanted. A lot of my friends showed up as their user numbers instead of their names (i.e. u123456789). I tried to fix it by linking accounts, but that didn't help. I also tried manually adding their Facebook IM information under Jabber in the appropriate contacts (e.g. I'd add u123456789@chat.facebook.com to John Doe's contact information under Jabber), but no matter what I did, some people showed up with their names, and most showed up with the user number.

This seemed to work better for me, with the drawback of not being able to use Google Apps' Google Talk.

Is there a way to get everyone's names to show up using the messaging plugins from Greg (I think that's his name)? I was only successful with a handful of people, and I never figured out why or how.

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    Is there any way of keeping this from adding facebook to my contacts? I don't want all those extra contacts on my phone! I just want to use the chat! When I go to Contact preferences Google doesn't show up for me to remove them!
    Yes, I agree is there any way to do this????
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Probably a very dumb question but these convos are not goign to be classed as text messages are they? I only say as in the two conversations i had in fb chat last night only the first two comments i made in chat had the google 'talk' image to the far left above the comment. After that it just seems to be a standard text convo. Hope it dosent coutn seeign as i onyl get 500 texts a month!
    Anyone????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Anyone????????????
    It's no different with or without these patches. IM counts toward data usage, text messages count toward, uh, text message usage.

So unless you're accidentally sending texts, it's not counted against your text messages. If your dropdown says 'Google', it's data. If it says 'Text', it's text. You can flip between the two at will, which is the beauty of WebOS and Synergy. Just make sure yours isn't on 'text'.

/Kevin
    Can there be a patch made using MSN like this one as well??? Just a thought..
    WOOOO hellya it worked perfect for me. all you guys gotta do is do your research and everything always works just fine!

and to the remark about having mytether, i have mytether i love it and ive never once had the interference with games and patches alot of you encounter. this patch woirks just fine and tether does as well.

good job gentleman!!!! keep up the kick *** work
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    Yea me too. I really want to try this, but I don't want all those contacts showing up. I only talk to about 5% of my "facebook friends" anyway.