Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    So - from what I'm reading it seems that I can't use myuser@mydomain for gchat because I used the same email for facebook? is that what's gonna happen here?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    That is the coolest patch, awesome job!!!!!
    It just showed up on preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Because some of us (or at least myself) prefer to use one's own somename@somedomain.com for a messaging ID instead of somecode123@gmail.com, all else being equal.

PS: Some of us looks like are going to need to wait it out a bit more for FB chat given the choice between google apps chat and FB chat :-(
    This is really unfortunate - guess I'll have to ditch the myname@myname.com account and go back to the mystupidemail@gmail.com
    did anyone else have the option to add a yahoo account disappear with this patch? - I'm not sure if it was just missing after the update or if it was the patch.... NBD bc I already have my account added...
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I guess I'll just go back to the jabber plugin since this doesn't work for me.. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    did anyone else have the option to add a yahoo account disappear with this patch? - I'm not sure if it was just missing after the update or if it was the patch.... NBD bc I already have my account added...
    still there for me.
    this is really a nice patch... pair it with the "new card per convo" patch too and it will be sweet!
    Is there anyway to keep the account and sign out?
    Thank you so much for this! i've been waiting for something like this, and the app that came out didn't even work. Great job
    has anyone had a problem with it not sending text...I've recently re-installed Mytether, now my Gtalk, or Facebook chat isn't working...currently removing Mytether, and rebooting to see if it corrects the issue. I will re-post when/if anything changes...any others having this problem with a resolve...a post would be great on how you fixed this.

update: well it appears that Mytether does in fact interfere with the facebook chat patch, I don't know how to fix other than choosing between the two. I'm sure with the awesome homebrew dev's we have, this will be fixed. However, now everyone knows....
    Last edited by Turbodteg; 03/16/2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Updated info
    This is great!
    when i use the facebook patch i can't see any of my aim contacts. :-(
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Can't sign in here... The "Signing In..." spinner just keeps spinning endlessly.

Had MyTether installed but have uninstalled it and rebooted, and still no progress.
    I can't remove the account from my phone now... Battery was draining big time, and now it won't go away
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    yeah something doesn't seem right, the signing in thing does keep spinning too, I'm sure this will kill the batt lol
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Okay, I've downloaded the patch and double clicked on it, nothing happens
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTeedee View Post
    Okay, I've downloaded the patch and double clicked on it, nothing happens
    lol.. u have to use webOS quick install to transfer it to your phone, you can't just double click a .patch file
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodteg View Post
    has anyone had a problem with it not sending text...I've recently re-installed Mytether, now my Gtalk, or Facebook chat isn't working...currently removing Mytether, and rebooting to see if it corrects the issue. I will re-post when/if anything changes...any others having this problem with a resolve...a post would be great on how you fixed this.

update: well it appears that Mytether does in fact interfere with the facebook chat patch, I don't know how to fix other than choosing between the two. I'm sure with the awesome homebrew dev's we have, this will be fixed. However, now everyone knows....
    I have MyTether installed. Have for a while. Installed this patch last night. No issues. I don't see how this would interfere really..... In fact, the only thing I could even see being an issue would be if you were using MyTether and on the PC going to google talk would bring up facebook chat. On the device itself there should be no issues....
    I had issue with the patch when installed through WOSQI as I couldn't sign in with my FB username.

Last night the Preware patch finally came through so I gave that a shot. Seconds later the patch was installed and I was able to login to FB chat. I'm not really sure why WOSQI was giving me such trouble, but I'm glad Preware came through like a champ!