Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka209 View Post
    How do you uninstall this? I installed through quick install. Not sure how to take it off.
    Use WOS Quick Install.

Tools... Device Management...

Under "User-Installed Content" select Patches.... then you can select "Facebook Chat Spoof" for uninstall.
    this is excellent! Thanks for the patch. It was very simple to install. Although I removed the Facebook chat account because it ended up adding all of my Facebook friends into my contacts. There was no way to remove the account from the contacts app.

thankfully the full site still works on the web browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by sokablamo View Post
    Use WOS Quick Install.

Tools... Device Management...

Under "User-Installed Content" select Patches.... then you can select "Facebook Chat Spoof" for uninstall.
    You can also uninstall via Preware; both programs use the same standard
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    thanks guys. this is awesome. love it. hopefully palm can pull this off in the facebook app itself. beats the heck out of facebook chat app which only worked for a week!!!!!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Anybody have an idea why I only get "Could not connect to the server. Try again." Message?
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    I simply type this into the web browser url:

anyone else using that? works perfect for me : )

Edit: it made the url a hyperlink, if you click on the link, it will show you the actual URL.
    I'm still using Facebook over Jabber patch. Is this one better than that patch. The Jabber patch works well but I would like one that works even better! Anyone out there have both this patch and the Jabber one installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    I simply type this into the web browser url:

anyone else using that? works perfect for me : )

Edit: it made the url a hyperlink, if you click on the link, it will show you the actual URL.
    been using this since i got my pre
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    This was the patch that finally made venture into WebOS QI and I'm very happy. Got the patch working perfectly. This was the last thing I wanted from FB was chat integration with the messaging app. Now that's it done I'm thrilled. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Anybody have an idea why I only get "Could not connect to the server. Try again." Message?
    I get the same message. The patch installed fine through WOSQI - it's even visible in preware to uninstall.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    I get the same message. The patch installed fine through WOSQI - it's even visible in preware to uninstall.
    Same here man. I don't get it?
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    did you two try logging in correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Because some of us (or at least myself) prefer to use one's own somename@somedomain.com for a messaging ID instead of somecode123@gmail.com, all else being equal.

PS: Some of us looks like are going to need to wait it out a bit more for FB chat given the choice between google apps chat and FB chat :-(
    Amen!

And (sadly?) I'm actually giving serious consideration to choosing FB chat over Google (Apps) Talk. I already uninstalled the patch, so I have my Google chat back, but I'm thinking about switching it back again.

I can hardly wait till someone figures out a way to get both of them working. Bad thing is, how many WebOS users also use Google Apps and want to use Facebook chat? Guess we'll find out.

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Amen!

And (sadly?) I'm actually giving serious consideration to choosing FB chat over Google (Apps) Talk. I already uninstalled the patch, so I have my Google chat back, but I'm thinking about switching it back again.

I can hardly wait till someone figures out a way to get both of them working. Bad thing is, how many WebOS users also use Google Apps and want to use Facebook chat? Guess we'll find out.

/Kevin
    i had no idea you could do that with the app version of GTalk.

not that it pertains to me, but it's good to know none-the-less.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i had no idea you could do that with the app version of GTalk.

not that it pertains to me, but it's good to know none-the-less.
    Sure can. This is the first time I've ever run into a difference. Apparently Google Talk through Google Apps uses talk.google.com as its server, and Google Talk through regular Gmail does not. Kinda weird. I'm sure someone will eventually come up with a fix, though.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Amen!

/Kevin
    Kevin, I'm in the same boat myself, but first I need to see if I can somehow dupe the onboard dnsmasq setup to alias talk.google.com to chat.facebook.com instead of hardcoding the IP. Hardcoded IP address solutions are just too brittle.
    I guess I know what to do research on tonight. /mauro
    PS I like your signature style :-)
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Excited about this one...despite already paying for the $2 app
    This was just fun to install and set up... and I don't even use Facebook chat! Thanks for the patch and great instructions!
    It appears as though only half of my messages get through. I set it up with ideal settings (was on my wife's login on the PC while using my Pre) and verified it that way...
    this is awesome!!! how hard would a scrim be to make for it....so instead of the "Gtalk" text bubble we could see a facebook bubble...just a thought. Above all, thanks for this guys!