webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Fully Transparent Launcher
Fully Transparent Launcher
Like Tree1Likes

Old 03/12/2010, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

This patch makes the Launcher fully transparent and removes the arrows and fade bars...

Last edited by mhous33; 05/15/2010 at 05:15 AM.
33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by shiwoslj likes this.
Old 03/12/2010, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
xtn

do you mean the quick launch bar?
xtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2010, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn View Post
do you mean the quick launch bar?
No, the app launcher background, which is normally semi-transparent. This patch makes it fully transparent and removes the arrows and fade bars.
Old 03/12/2010, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

can we get a screenshot of what it would look like?
Old 03/12/2010, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Legend

It's basically what the WebOS Quick Install change-opacity patch looks like at 0%. Personally, it's a real sleek look and great to see a version that will be able to make preware

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2010, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
This patch makes the Launcher fully transparent and removes the arrows and fade bars...
Is this compatible with 4x4, etc?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
Butters3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2010, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
It's basically what the WebOS Quick Install change-opacity patch looks like at 0%. Personally, it's a real sleek look and great to see a version that will be able to make preware
Yeah I tried to use the opacity slider from WOSQI on my Pixi running 1.4 and it didn't work, just froze up and rebooted.

It's a very simple patch, just comments out the pointers to the images in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

Here's a screenshot, which also has "hide quicklaunch in launcher only" installed:

Old 03/12/2010, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

if you had app running, they would sshow through? I have like making the launcher black, so I can't see the open cards. Especially since I use 5x5 icons and the iphone theme...
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2010, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Good job but I did this months ago!
http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...menu-fade.html

Quote:
Already one in PreWare Jason!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...menu-fade.html

If you install my menu fade patch in PreWare the launcher will be clear by default.

Wheres all the love!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2sslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2010, 09:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
Already one in PreWare Jason!
whoops, missed that

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2010, 09:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
whoops, missed that
NP! I need to talk to dbsooner, that one really needs to be renamed!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Old 03/12/2010, 10:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
If you install my menu fade patch in PreWare the launcher will be clear by default.

Wheres all the love!
I wasn't aware of that either, as i have avoided patches with "scrim" in the name! Oh well, thanks for pointing that out; any way to un-submit a patch?
Old 03/12/2010, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasn't aware of that either, as i have avoided patches with "scrim" in the name! Oh well, thanks for pointing that out; any way to un-submit a patch?
That particular patch is a scrim patch but if you dont add the scrim it will be transparent..

Why un-sbmit? mine has multiple items, yours has one. there will be people who like just the launcher transparent one.

Btw I submitted an update to mine, should be up soon......Try it, you might like it. no need to add scrims if you want clear.

Follow the link below.

Thanked By: rlanza1054
Old 03/14/2010, 05:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Please submit a screenshot with an app in the background.
Colonel Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2010, 05:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Here's a screen shot, I use the webos QI tweak set to 0%, same concept.
Attached Images
File Type: png preware_2010-14-03_160846.png (251.9 KB, 189 views) Email Attachment
mjkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2010, 05:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

If you have a light colored background you have the option of my black font in launcher patch in PreWare or you can get it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lack-font.html

Follow the link below.

Old 03/14/2010, 06:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Lol. I installed this one minutes ago, and it made the launcher+icons disappear entirely. Tried restarting my phone, still no icons.... I thought it was pretty funny for a minute. Uninstalled with WOSQI because I was tired pecking around trying to find where the Preware icon should be. I'll just set the fade to 0% instead.
takeadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2010, 06:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeadare View Post
Lol. I installed this one minutes ago, and it made the launcher+icons disappear entirely. Tried restarting my phone, still no icons.... I thought it was pretty funny for a minute. Uninstalled with WOSQI because I was tired pecking around trying to find where the Preware icon should be. I'll just set the fade to 0% instead.
Use mine in PreWare it works perfect and gets rid of the hideous fades as well

Follow the link below.

Old 03/14/2010, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeadare View Post
As mentioned previously, all this patch does is comment out the pointers to the launcher, arrows, and fades scrims. The only reason I can think of that you'd have problems is that I used files from the Pixi webOS Doctor, which may differ from Pre files. I ran into this issue with the LED Notifications patch on 1.3.5.1; it made my Pixi become unresponsive to where I'd have to pull the battery. Creating my own patch from the Pixi file worked flawlessly.
Old 03/14/2010, 07:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Yeah.. because of all of the issues lately.. I've installed most of the questionable patches, manually. I've had pretty good luck getting around previous patch edits and making them all play nicely. I just added this one. Thanks!!
SiLlY is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0