Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by takeadare View Post
    Lol. I installed this one minutes ago, and it made the launcher+icons disappear entirely. Tried restarting my phone, still no icons.... I thought it was pretty funny for a minute. Uninstalled with WOSQI because I was tired pecking around trying to find where the Preware icon should be. I'll just set the fade to 0% instead.
    I had the same issue but I found that it wasn't compatable with 4x4 that removes arrows and fade. Since they both get rid of arrows and fade I'm sure thats the problem so I just installed 4x4 v3 instead. Works great.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I had the same issue but I found that it wasn't compatable with 4x4 that removes arrows and fade. Since they both get rid of arrows and fade I'm sure thats the problem so I just installed 4x4 v3 instead. Works great.
    yeah if you already have a patch installed that's doing the same thing it will not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    yeah if you already have a patch installed that's doing the same thing it will not work.
    yah, kind of a basic rule. I uninstalled mine (the patch that just removes aroows and fade, even tho I requested it, lol) as soon as I saw this patch
    Once this patch is installed, how do I change the launcher scrim? I don't want to use the Menu-Fade patch because I don't want it to affect the messaging app.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Once this patch is installed, how do I change the launcher scrim? I don't want to use the Menu-Fade patch because I don't want it to affect the messaging app.
    seriously? As mentioned for at least the third time now, this patch comments out the image references, that's all. If you want to change the launcher scrim, this patch is not for you.
    seriously? As mentioned for at least the third time now, this patch comments out the image references, that's all. If you want to change the launcher scrim, this patch is not for you.
    OUCH! Thanks for the very friendly response.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    OUCH! Thanks for the very friendly response.
    np
    Any suggestions on how I might achieve my goal of changing the launcher background and removing the fade but keeping the fades in the other apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Good job but I did this months ago!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...menu-fade.html

Already one in PreWare Jason!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...menu-fade.html

If you install my menu fade patch in PreWare the launcher will be clear by default.

Wheres all the love!
    I'll show some love, this info is greatly appreciated. And thanks to you too Sjamie for your app but I may toy with this scrim stuff. since my 4x4 patch conflicts with your transparency patch.

Thanks a ton 2sslow, would have never thought to try your Scrim patch. I've been just searching for themes all just to get a transparent launcher, just to now find out I can modify the launcher only. Been longtime Pre owner but just recently becoming brave enough to really mess with modifying my phone and I love it. I will definitely try more of your Scrim patches as well. Thanks to the wonderful people here I am learning more every day

Keep up the good work developers and please know that many of us envy and appreciate your abilities and talent in this field as well as your kindness to share it with the rest of us.
    Any suggestions on how I might achieve my goal of changing the launcher background and removing the fade but keeping the fades in the other apps?
    One thought...

You could download 2sslow's Launcher-scrim-menu-fade patch and remove the sections modifying the global-menus.css & global-textfields.css with a text editor like .:: NOTEPAD++ ::.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    This should do it, though I haven't tested it. As with 2sslow's scrim patch, name your background .png "launcher-scrim.png" and put it in the "scrims" folder in /media/internal/.
    Last edited by mhous33; 05/15/2010 at 04:15 AM.
    This should do it, though I haven't tested it. As with 2sslow's scrim patch, name your background .png "launcher-scrim.png" and put it in the "scrims" folder in /media/internal/.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Thank you so much!!!
    Why not take a second or two to hit the thanks button? I spent about 10 minutes making this patch especially for you...
    My bad!
    Hi,

I just ran into the same problem (that no applications are shown in the launcher): if you use the preware installer, you can launch it by typing "preware" on the keyboard and then deinstall the "transparent launcher" package.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strelitz67 View Post
    Hi,

I just ran into the same problem (that no applications are shown in the launcher): if you use the preware installer, you can launch it by typing "preware" on the keyboard and then deinstall the "transparent launcher" package.
    Did you reboot the phone? I've had this happen before with various patches and rebooting has always fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If you install my menu fade patch in PreWare the launcher will be clear by default.
    Have you tested this patch with the 5x5 Icon Set patch?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I think 2sslow avatar is hot, you guys think thats really her or worse him lol.... dame we need to have a gender section in the about me section seriously man
    LOL!
    I just tried this Patch with the 5x5 Icon Set and it did work. This is one of those Patches that if you don't try it, then you can't miss it. But once your try it; then you won't want to go back to the regular Launcher. I'm impressed with all of the different Scim-Patches on this site! I would hate to go back to using the Larger Icons and no Scrims.

People should donate to these Developers on this site. Because it is cool that we have access to Patches like these! I know for a 100% fact that without Patches; my Pre wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the phone is to me with the Patches.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast