1.    #1  
    Is it possible to make a patch that would display the app opening splash card in full view instead of card view? In my opinion this would give the illusion of the app opening faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerusty View Post
  4.    #4  
    I don't get it...
    It's all about perspective
  6.    #6  
    Oh, well acn anyone with some useful input tell me if this is possible?
    the splash screen sucks. i want a patch that gets rid of it. makes you realize how slow this phone is.
    I agree that the splash screen just reminds me of the lag. It's a little better since I deleted the image of the glow behind the icon so that it's not pulsing anymore. Also I like the darker splash card with the Black-Out theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    the splash screen sucks. i want a patch that gets rid of it. makes you realize how slow this phone is.
  9.    #9  
    yeah, but by opening the splash screen it seems like the app is loading instead of looking like the phone is still trying to open the app
  10.    #10  
    bump
  11.    #11  
    Bump
    99% sure this isn't possible... It is handle by the binary IIRC
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Yeah not possible with a patch,

Also, if you don't like it, don't look at it while it's loading, it takes the same time as before so your not really losing anything.
    Another perspective...

The splash screen has some nice advantages:
    • instant feedback that you've started the application
    • a nice "oops" featureŚclose the app with one swipe if you opened it by mistake
    • for apps like Preware that have a lengthly startup sequence, you can easily work on something else while it's loading

It bugged me a bit at first too, but I think this was more because I was used to the relatively instantaneous loading of PalmOS apps. For a multitasking OS, starting minimized makes sense. Once it goes fullscreen, you know it's ready to use.