1.    #1  
    This patch will flag the PDF View app as not removable in the launcher.

This was made in response to numerous people accidentally orange+tap deleting the PDF view app from their devices.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    We won't say who though, will we?
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    brainstorm

re-release the pdf extract along with this patch, and then we can have our pdf viewer back, and make it undeletable.

Some of us didn't "orange-tap" delete it......
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    brainstorm

re-release the pdf extract along with this patch, and then we can have our pdf viewer back, and make it undeletable.

Some of us didn't "orange-tap" delete it......
    The PDF app is no longer supplied as a tarball, once it's removed it's gone. The extractor app was erroneously coded to not take this possibility into account. If it's been removed you'll have to manually extract it from the doctor or doctor the phone.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    The PDF app is no longer supplied as a tarball, once it's removed it's gone. The extractor app was erroneously coded to not take this possibility into account. If it's been removed you'll have to manually extract it from the doctor or doctor the phone.
    That sucks. I was looking for the app everywhere but couldn't find it. How do you extract it from a doctored version?
    Last edited by Rafy0003; 03/12/2010 at 08:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I always found it odd that you had the option to delete this app, but none of the other ones that came with webos, yet it does not appear in the app store or anything. For a while I was curious as to whether hitting the delete button would actually delete it, good thing I never tried because that is something I would do out of curiosity lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Yeah, thanks Eric. That's what you told me last time. I promise, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. =)

I am obviously confused about what the extract pdf app did. I didn't orange-click delete my pdf app, I removed the extract pdf app through preware, and that's when my pdf app disappeared.

I was hoping for a shortcut. Doctoring my phone isn't a big deal, I'm just lazy.

I think i'm actually going to try using the webos repair utility, full scan, and then follow up with the emergency service enabler. Do you guys think that might work?
    And, for the record, I blame no one but myself for deleting my pdf app. ;(
    Yeah, thanks Eric. That's what you told me last time. I promise, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. =)

I am obviously confused about what the extract pdf app did. I didn't orange-click delete my pdf app, I removed the extract pdf app through preware, and that's when my pdf app disappeared.

I was hoping for a shortcut. Doctoring my phone isn't a big deal, I'm just lazy.

I think i'm actually going to try using the webos repair utility, full scan, and then follow up with the emergency service enabler. Do you guys think that might work?
    Same experience here! Inadvertently un-installed through preware! Oh well...

**************UPDATED: Used WebOS repair untility, worked perfectly without a hitch, restored my PDF viewer. Thanks!
    Last edited by sonso; 03/15/2010 at 08:47 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Yep, WebOS Repair Utility scan (with Override Compatibility disabled) will restore the PDF viewer app for you, without affecting anything else on your device

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    This patch will flag the PDF View app as not removable in the launcher.

This was made in response to numerous people accidentally orange+tap deleting the PDF view app from their devices.
    first off,thanks for all the hardwork!

I was able to use this patch and restore my PDF APP, But can't get the Prevent PDF removal app to work. Here's the Ipkg Log if that helps.

Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-prevent-removal
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-prevent-removal (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-1_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-prevent-removal
    Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    |index a5e6c33..18428ef 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-prevent-removal from root...
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jihoonie View Post
    Try installing the .patch in post 1 and tell me what happens

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Try installing the .patch in post 1 and tell me what happens
    I installed the .patch,restarted Luna and still get

Install
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-prevent-removal (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-prevent-removal from root...
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
    Install
    Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Remove
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
    Last edited by jihoonie; 04/16/2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: mistake copying and pasting IPKG log
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jihoonie View Post
    [...]
    I meant the .patch file, not the patch from tweaks.

See http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I meant the .patch file, not the patch from tweaks.

See http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    I was able to install the .patch file using WOSQI, but I can still Orange-gesture tap and bring up the option to delete the file.