View Poll Results: Do you want Jason Robitaille to continue working with WebOS?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

148 99.33%
  • NO

1 0.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I was going to use a hell yeah.....but I thought it would get edited out....oops
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Rofl!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    apparently we can say hell but not *** J-E-W
    Hate to be the only negative poster so far in hear but has anyone here ever thought that maybe its these types of posts that and make him feel he should leave WebOS community? now don't leap for my neck when I say that but just take a look at what this community does on a daily basis, then head over to say an android community, also windows mobile, etc. so far their are only a few oddball communities that are very impatient and vocal. I was developing software for Nextel, Android, little of nokia years ago and so far WebOS has frustrated me more than Android did when I first downloaded the original SDK long ago before the G1.
    One on of my forums the developments section was always non stop posts EXACTLY like this that made me feel even more pressured to work harder, stay up 40+ hours at a time only leaving my desk for food or bathroom breaks. it can take it toll on a persons personal life even if the software itself is technically free....and people say no pressure take your time..then 15+ pages of "Please hurry up but take your time lol" or "CAN'T WAIT!"

Does not sound all that bad at the time you do it, but little by little as it all adds up you feel that you are obligated to continue(i'm guilty of this one) which adds stress. if Jason is having issues with certain community details or company details, etc then he can and should be able to leave without having to read over all the posts about the sad people he left hanging....you think thats is a healthy way to leave and community that you were such a huge part of? things will continue to grow and he would be missed but if he decides to go don't make him feel bad about it.

Not going to get into anymore specific posts but take a look at the pattern we have all been seeing here and you'll see why he may want to leave.
    Binary Tech -
    What you say is very true. I seem to recall that I made two post in the other threads that had thanked him for his involvement in the advancement in WebOS and I wished him well in what every he decided.
    Then there was a post where I told a developer to get offline and finish the final paper he needed to get done for school.
    Sure there is a need to keep others happy and this is one huge 300,000+ member family but in the end we all have to remember that there is more to life and this family will go on and evolve.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Hate to be the only negative poster so far in hear but has anyone here ever thought that maybe its these types of posts that and make him feel he should leave WebOS community? now don't leap for my neck when I say that but just take a look at what this community does on a daily basis, then head over to say an android community, also windows mobile, etc. so far their are only a few oddball communities that are very impatient and vocal. I was developing software for Nextel, Android, little of nokia years ago and so far WebOS has frustrated me more than Android did when I first downloaded the original SDK long ago before the G1.
    One on of my forums the developments section was always non stop posts EXACTLY like this that made me feel even more pressured to work harder, stay up 40+ hours at a time only leaving my desk for food or bathroom breaks. it can take it toll on a persons personal life even if the software itself is technically free....and people say no pressure take your time..then 15+ pages of "Please hurry up but take your time lol" or "CAN'T WAIT!"

Does not sound all that bad at the time you do it, but little by little as it all adds up you feel that you are obligated to continue(i'm guilty of this one) which adds stress. if Jason is having issues with certain community details or company details, etc then he can and should be able to leave without having to read over all the posts about the sad people he left hanging....you think thats is a healthy way to leave and community that you were such a huge part of? things will continue to grow and he would be missed but if he decides to go don't make him feel bad about it.

Not going to get into anymore specific posts but take a look at the pattern we have all been seeing here and you'll see why he may want to leave.
    I have to disagree slightly here. This post was an ODE to him and all he does. And being that he thanked me himself, I think it did what it was supposed to do.

This post merely gives him accolades. That being said, I have never been one to pressure anyone into anything they didn't want to do, and if he decides to leave us, I wish him the best in whatever he does. But speaking as a fellow dev, I know this is not about us....it is about something completely different.

Cheers!
    Robert
  7.    #27  
    Oh BTW----I added another song to the original post....just slightly bored tonight....but it talks about the sense of community....
    he actually wants to leave because of something going on between him and palm, that is making him unhappy. watch the last day of his twitter posts. he's not going into detail (unless he has done it somewhere else that i have missed), but i pretty sure it is not the community that is making him unhappy.
    Pretty good job on the song.

Everyone involved in the Homebrew community has done more to enhance webOS than any OTA update from Palm. That's just my opinion.

Thank you Jason
    Last edited by mjkjr; 03/10/2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Too long
    Here's my response to everything: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ings-fine.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I do, BUT, while Palm has largely been good to homebrew, by not allowing there to be a homebrew community that can actually sign apps so they can be downloaded via a URL directly to a phone means homebrew will never take off. So, there's only so much you can do to reach users and make the platform better.
  12.    #32  
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........who voted the no.....anyone got the ca hones to speak up?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12