Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's a little something I came across, so I thought I should share.

Description: Switches the EVDO icon set for the 3G icon set.

Just to clarify, this patch simply tells your phone to use the 3G icons already on the device...If you want something fancier, you'll have to use 2sslow's great scrimming patch found here here.

Please see post #25 for updated file.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Here's a little something I came across, so I thought I should share.

Description: Switches the EVDO icon set for the 3G icon set.

is this compatible with other top bar patches?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is this compatible with other top bar patches?
    Yes...You'll notice in the screenshot I use a few of them.

Actually, it should be compatible with just about all of them.

Yes...You'll notice in the screenshot I use a few of them.

Actually, it should be compatible with just about all of them.

thanks man
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

im trying to install this thru qi and its just spinning in the transferring and applying screen doesnt go anywhere
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im trying to install this thru qi and its just spinning in the transferring and applying screen doesnt go anywhere
    The patch file won't install via WOSQI until the WebOS Internals server maintenance is completed.

This patch will not work for me. It will apply with QOSQI fine, and it shows up as a patch in Preware, but it doesn't change the Evdo icon to a 3G icon. I've even tried doing a full reboot after installing the patch
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    This patch will not work for me. It will apply with QOSQI fine, and it shows up as a patch in Preware, but it doesn't change the Evdo icon to a 3G icon. I've even tried doing a full reboot after installing the patch
    With the current WebOS Internals server maintenance that's to be expected because WOSQI needs to download the postinst/prerm scripts which aren't available right now...The patch installation will appear to complete, but it won't actually apply the patch without the scripts.

I tried receiving the file the patch is supposed to change using WebOS Quick Install and it appears that, for some reason, the patch is not changing the line of code that it SHOULD be.

I don't know if its my computer, webOS Quick Install, or the patch itself. Or maybe the Pre resets that line of code during a luna restart or something. I'm using WebOS Quick Install version 3.02 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.
    With the current WebOS Internals server maintenance that's to be expected because WOSQI needs to download the postinst/prerm scripts which aren't available right now...The patch installation will appear to complete, but it won't actually apply the patch without the scripts.

Ohhh, ok, thanks for clearing this up. Ignore my last post
    The patch file won't install via WOSQI until the WebOS Internals server maintenance is completed.

I didn't know...thanks for the info
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Thanks for this patch, it's just what I've been looking for!!

Any chance we can change the 1X icon to 2G too?
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    Thanks for this patch, it's just what I've been looking for!!

Any chance we can change the 1X icon to 2G too?
    Sorry...It can't done the same way this patch is because this one simply switches a boolean variable to tell the OS to use the 3G icons...Besides, there's no embedded 2G icons as far as I can tell.

At this time, you'll have to check the forums for a scrimming patch or theme for that one & the icons to use.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ok, thanks. Still love this patch!
    love this patch a lot.... Thanks dude!
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    love this patch a lot.... Thanks dude!
    np...I was glad when I stumbled across this one in the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$.

I'd just like to put out a warning about this patch (although it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever).

I was having issues when pressing the Power button that the screen wouldn't fully turn off and it would get stuck, required a pull out of the battery. I took it to the Sprint store and I couldn't recreate the issue, so I came back home yesterday and ran webOS Doctor. The issue was fixed. I installed all of my usual patches and it was still fixed. After installing this patch again, the issue came back up and after removing it, I have yet to experience the issue.

I'm not sure what is happening or if there is a conflict with this patch, but if anyone else experiences this problem, there is some odd conflict. I did love having this patch though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    I'd just like to put out a warning about this patch (although it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever).

I was having issues when pressing the Power button that the screen wouldn't fully turn off and it would get stuck, required a pull out of the battery. I took it to the Sprint store and I couldn't recreate the issue, so I came back home yesterday and ran webOS Doctor. The issue was fixed. I installed all of my usual patches and it was still fixed. After installing this patch again, the issue came back up and after removing it, I have yet to experience the issue.

I'm not sure what is happening or if there is a conflict with this patch, but if anyone else experiences this problem, there is some odd conflict. I did love having this patch though.
    i dont have any issues with this patch
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I think it's some odd issue with another patch I'm using. It honestly makes even less sense after reading that it's a boolean location variable. I just now that I don't have the issue anymore.

I loved that 3G icon though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast