1.    #1  
    So I salvaged this and my Improved Edited Video Filenames patch from my failed Edit Any Video attempt.

Essentially, with this patch, you'll be able to edit the metadata (title and description) of any video on your device, not just ones recorded.

EDIT: File removed; outdated. Updated release is below.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/31/2010 at 11:44 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Do we need to install both?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do we need to install both?
    nah, they're independent of eachother Was just mentioning they were what I was able to scavenge from my earlier failed patch attempt, heh

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

So your first one give us better names and this one lets us edit any youtube, video etc on the device right.
    Beyond editing the video description, does this edit the file name or just the file title? They're not necessarily the same thing.
    Also, does this mean the other patches are kaput?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    How is the patch fix attempt going?
    Basically dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Also, does this mean the other patches are kaput?
    Just the Edit Any Video one

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Beyond editing the video description, does this edit the file name or just the file title? They're not necessarily the same thing.
    This edits the metadata of the video, not the filename.

8.    #8  
    Here's there updated patch for webOS 1.4.1/1.4.1.1

It's been submitted to the feed, but in the meantime, this .patch works just fine
    Attached Files Attached Files

9.    #9  
    Updated for v1.4.5
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does the patch in preware work for 2.1? It doesn't say that its not available for 2.1 or anything so I install it and all goes good. But after luna restarting, I still don't get the feature to edit videos that weren't recorded on the phone. I apologize if this has been addressed already.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Does the patch in preware work for 2.1? It doesn't say that its not available for 2.1 or anything so I install it and all goes good. But after luna restarting, I still don't get the feature to edit videos that weren't recorded on the phone. I apologize if this has been addressed already.
    I also have the problem on webOS 2.1 and I found out that patching the /usr/palm/frameworks/metascene.videos/submission/103/concatenated.jsjsjs $instead$ $would$ $work$.