1.    #1  
    This lets ALL videos in the Videos app be edited.

Words can not describe how awesome the added functionality is

And by editing, I mean you can set Title, Description, and do full editing/cropping like you can do with recorded videos

I tested it via editing videos downloaded from my other YouTube Video Downloads

Here's a screenshot, based from

EDIT: Hmm, seems to be some issues with editing. Editing title/description works fine, however cropping videos has issues.

EDIT2: Updated for webOS 1.4.1(.1) for those who might still be using this patch
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/21/2010 at 01:32 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    can't wait till it's on preware!
    i'm really not sure why palm hasn't just hired you to actually improve the OS from the inside...
    Looks great! Can't wait to get home to try it out.

Thanks for another great patch Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by nulall View Post
    can't wait till it's on preware!
    i'm really not sure why palm hasn't just hired you to actually improve the OS from the inside...
    +1 Maybe they can't afford him....lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i was wondering when and if this was coming from you. and bammm there it is....
  6.    #6  
    Seems to be some issues.

Editing title/description works fine, however cropping videos has issues.

Also appears there's some discrepancies with the thumbnails in the editing bar.

I'm looking to see if it's fixable or not

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I don't need to edit other videos, but I have scores of clips from my Treo/Centro days that will finally get some proper titles. Thank you Jason!

Just a thought. But Palm's editing function could be optimized for the codec/container their video uses.
  8.    #8  
    Let the odd issues continue. Lol, I was able to edit the stock PalmPre.mp4 intro video. However there were 2 odd things:

- The video outputted to /media/internal/DCIM/CIMG005.mp4
    - The audio was sped up 2x fast and thus ended midway through

Any other coders wanna evaluate possible options?

EDIT:
    k, well, I figured out the filenaming issue, but unfortunately, it seems the other issues are related to various binaries and is probably why Palm disabled it in the first place.

For now at least, this patch is dead.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/06/2010 at 01:59 PM.

does this let u share videos as well like sayy 9 min videos?

because i added this patch along with another patch i have just done and it now lets me upload 9 min videos to like youtube.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    does this let u share videos as well like sayy 9 min videos?

because i added this patch along with another patch i have just done and it now lets me upload 9 min videos to like youtube.
    theoretically should, but I tried and couldn't get a successful youtube upload

does it sayy something or llike what happens when you tap on upload to youtube

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    any hopes of getting this working with 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    any hopes of getting this working with 1.4.5?
    same here? Any way to get it on 1.4.5?