Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 156
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    thank you very much, i found that very useful. is there a way for me to get a list of all my installed patches easily without me writing down each one?
    and is there a way to reinstall them all easily as well?

    if i do get it from the doctor - will it also be shown to preware that the patches have been installed? and could it cause problems with other patches as well?
    Yep! What you do is in Preware, click on the upper left menu and go to your Saved Package List. Click the Update button at the button to write the most recent one. Then after you run EPR, go back to that list and you can re-install your patches from there.

    I think the easiest thing would be to EPR rather than replacing just the messaging file.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yep! What you do is in Preware, click on the upper left menu and go to your Saved Package List. Click the Update button at the button to write the most recent one. Then after you run EPR, go back to that list and you can re-install your patches from there.

    I think the easiest thing would be to EPR rather than replacing just the messaging file.
    genius idea!
    but what about the ones not installed from preware? Is there a way to export the installed patches list to a text document?
  3. #123  
    Preware will have those in the Saved Package List too (it will actually have every package on your phone, including app catalog downloads), but you won't be able to install those from Preware (since it can't match it to a patch in the feed). But to get a list of just patches, I believe they are all saved in the

    /media/internal/.webosinternals.patches.packages

    file, which you can email to yourself from Internalz Pro. When you click on the file, choose Info and at the bottom is an Email button. You can also view the file in Internalz, but you may want to look at it on a bigger screen.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4. #124  
    I have a question that is somewhat related to this: Next week I'm going to trade my trusted pre- against a pre+. What's the easiest way to reinstall all my patches (and progs)?

    Thanks
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I have a question that is somewhat related to this: Next week I'm going to trade my trusted pre- against a pre+. What's the easiest way to reinstall all my patches (and progs)?

    Thanks
    1. Download Save/Restore
    2. Write Your Saved Package List in Preware.
    3. Open Save/Restore and have it save all programs it has a script for (includes Preware)
    4. Copy the Save/Restore folder to your PC (you can do it via USB)
    5. Copy the Save/Restore folder back to your new phone
    6. Let all your app catalog downloads finish, then Download Preware, add the WebOSInternals testing feed and download Save/Restore
    7. Open Save/Restore and restore Preware
    8. Open Preware and install all your patches (that are in feeds) and apps from the Saved Package List
    9. Restore all app data (that was saved) in Save/Restore. If an app doesn't restore (usually a Mojo app), open it first, then restore
    10. Luna/Phone restart as necessary

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    1. Download Save/Restore
    2. Write Your Saved Package List in Preware.
    3. Open Save/Restore and have it save all programs it has a script for (includes Preware)
    4. Copy the Save/Restore folder to your PC (you can do it via USB)
    5. Copy the Save/Restore folder back to your new phone
    6. Let all your app catalog downloads finish, then Download Preware, add the WebOSInternals testing feed and download Save/Restore
    7. Open Save/Restore and restore Preware
    8. Open Preware and install all your patches (that are in feeds) and apps from the Saved Package List
    9. Restore all app data (that was saved) in Save/Restore. If an app doesn't restore (usually a Mojo app), open it first, then restore
    10. Luna/Phone restart as necessary

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

    Thanks a lot for this great tutorial. This will make the transition a lot easier!
  7. #127  
    it would be great if there were a tweaks-style patch for this, since so many of us want different variations.
    I'm having a small issue tho. When I hit enter, it places an enter wherever I am (when I'm not at the end of txt) and sends. I havent seen anyone else complain about this so I'm not sure if I'm having this issue for unrelated reasons or what.
    malpha-thoughts? Anyone else experience this? Uninstalling now to check..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    it would be great if there were a tweaks-style patch for this, since so many of us want different variations.
    I'm having a small issue tho. When I hit enter, it places an enter wherever I am (when I'm not at the end of txt) and sends. I havent seen anyone else complain about this so I'm not sure if I'm having this issue for unrelated reasons or what.
    malpha-thoughts? Anyone else experience this? Uninstalling now to check..
    Yes, that's default webOS behavior. I think that's part of why people wanted Enter for newline in the first place.

    As for a Tweaks option, if you use the Advanced System Behavior patch for 2.0, it already incorporates the Enter/Ctrl-Enter patches and you can switch "Enter to Send" on or off in the Tweaks app.

    It also has the Timestamps Clean patch built in, too.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, that's default webOS behavior. I think that's part of why people wanted Enter for newline in the first place.

    As for a Tweaks option, if you use the Advanced System Behavior patch for 2.0, it already incorporates the Enter/Ctrl-Enter patches and you can switch "Enter to Send" on or off in the Tweaks app.

    It also has the Timestamps Clean patch built in, too.
    What I mentioned is not default webOS behavior, i don't know where the confusion arose.
    I uninstalled the patch, now enter doesn't do a "insert enter at current location and send" anymore, it just sends. just sending, that's default behavior. I'm using 2.1 if that helps.
    I'll take it that i'm the only one experiencing this bug then..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    What I mentioned is not default webOS behavior, i don't know where the confusion arose.
    I uninstalled the patch, now enter doesn't do a "insert enter at current location and send" anymore, it just sends. just sending, that's default behavior. I'm using 2.1 if that helps.
    I'll take it that i'm the only one experiencing this bug then..
    Oh sorry about that, I thought you meant that the sending in the middle was the problem, not the putting in an enter and sending.

    There's a few different versions here, so let me get this straight: You're using the Enter Key for New Line patch, which should insert a new line when you press enter anywhere and shouldn't send unless you press the button or press ctrl+enter. However, it's actually sending and inserting an enter if you press enter in the middle of the text, instead of just inserting an enter.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Oh sorry about that, I thought you meant that the sending in the middle was the problem, not the putting in an enter and sending.

    There's a few different versions here, so let me get this straight: You're using the Enter Key for New Line patch, which should insert a new line when you press enter anywhere and shouldn't send unless you press the button or press ctrl+enter. However, it's actually sending and inserting an enter if you press enter in the middle of the text, instead of just inserting an enter.
    Correct.
    (So I just switched to the tweaks version, which does nothing on 1 enter, but sends on 2 enters, and inserts a new-line with ctrl-enter. Not what i was looking for, but i think i tried to install this patch and it conflicts with the massive ASPs.. eh!)
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
  12. #132  
    Yes, since sconix added the enter key mods on the Advanced System Behavior, I can't use these versions either. I don't think he's too keen on changing it around either, he thinks it's hacky enough as it is, which well...is true. Anyway, I'm gonna get it going on the emulator to see what I can change with it, I've got about four patches I'm gonna try to get updates out for tomorrow. I had to take a break because I was doing another coding project for something else.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  13. #133  
    I can't get this patch to install on my Veer. I don't know of any patch conflicts...Have others got it working on Veer?
  14. #134  
    Same here ... does not install on veer. Would be VERY nice if somebody could produce a working version. I keep sending messages unintentionally ...
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Okay, I found the problem. In the AreaKeyDown function, there's a check for the orange/ctrl key that turns to true when you press it. In the AreaKeyUp function (that's commented out in this patch), there's a check for the orange/ctrl key that turns it false when you release it. Since this function is never called anymore in this patch, the value never gets turned back to false after pressing the ctrl key, so the smiley box keeps popping up whenever you press the spacebar because it still thinks you've got the ctrl key pressed. Anyway, here's a version that should fix that.

    Also, thanks to Nick, this version will actually show in the chatview where a blank line is, it should actually show the blank line instead of bunching them together.

    I'll update it in Preware.
    Just posting to say I've been searching for this for my brand new Pre 3. This is the version that worked (I believe 2.0.1?), not the version posted later on the page that was supposed to be for webOS 2.1.

    Thanks malpha!
  16. #136  
    Hi,

    i'm proudly owner of a PRE3 - and i'm missing this patch.
    Any chance to get it?
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I'll update it in Preware.
    Is this patch in Preware HPpre3 or not? Can't find it.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  18. #138  
    tested on HP Veer ... not sure if it'll work on Pre3 but you could try it out!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by michel_ng; 10/19/2011 at 05:27 AM.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Here are the 1.4.5 versions. They were tested on a Pixi, should be the same for the Pre, though. It's a little hacky on 1.4.5, not too bad, though. Basically whenever you press enter, it'll jump to a new line, but if that enter sends a message, the new line won't be in the message. You'll see what I mean. Hopefully no one's too bothered.
    Hey there!
    When I download the 1.4.5 files, for my Pixi Plus, and try to install them via WOSQI, I'm getting an error 'Cannot download aupt scripts for patch.'

    What can be a solution?
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by setu4993 View Post
    Hey there!
    When I download the 1.4.5 files, for my Pixi Plus, and try to install them via WOSQI, I'm getting an error 'Cannot download aupt scripts for patch.'

    What can be a solution?
    Did you try to install using Preware directly on your Pixi?

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions