Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 156
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #101  
    I requested this change a while back (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2840851) and it seemed to have gotten shot down. Now that its here, is it possible to make the changes for the 1.4.5 versions?

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Here's an updated version that does shift+enter for send and another version that does enter for send and shift+enter for newline.

    I'll update this patch with shift+enter in Preware and instruct anyone who wants the switched version to come to this post, unless someone wants me to put the switched version in Preware as well.

    These patches are for 2.1.0, but may work on 2.0.1. If they do, let me know, and I will mark them as such in Preware.
    that is fabulous !! is 1.4.5 available ?
  3. #103  
    Here are the 1.4.5 versions. They were tested on a Pixi, should be the same for the Pre, though. It's a little hacky on 1.4.5, not too bad, though. Basically whenever you press enter, it'll jump to a new line, but if that enter sends a message, the new line won't be in the message. You'll see what I mean. Hopefully no one's too bothered.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Here are the 1.4.5 versions. They were tested on a Pixi, should be the same for the Pre, though. It's a little hacky on 1.4.5, not too bad, though. Basically whenever you press enter, it'll jump to a new line, but if that enter sends a message, the new line won't be in the message. You'll see what I mean. Hopefully no one's too bothered.
    oh . amzaming work .. thk you thk you so much
  5. #105  
    the shift+enter one for webOS 2.1.x does not seem to work for my pre plus - it says something about only garbage was found (using internalz)
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    the shift+enter one for webOS 2.1.x does not seem to work for my pre plus - it says something about only garbage was found (using internalz)
    Not sure what's wrong...I just installed it from Internalz and it went through okay.

    Did you download it from your email and try to install it from there? If so, do you have the Save Attachments in Download Folder patch? After I downloaded it from my email, I opened up Internalz and found it in my downloads folder, then installed.

    Also I keep saying shift+enter, but...it's actually ctrl+enter. It'll be right in Preware.
    Last edited by malpha; 03/22/2011 at 01:14 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I'll update this patch with shift+enter in Preware and instruct anyone who wants the switched version to come to this post, unless someone wants me to put the switched version in Preware as well.
    It would be nice to havew both versions in Preware. Also, which version has the 'enter for new line' and 'shift + enter to send'? This is the one I am personally interested in. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It would be nice to havew both versions in Preware. Also, which version has the 'enter for new line' and 'shift + enter to send'? This is the one I am personally interested in. Thanks.
    The enter for new line and ctrl+enter for send is the enter-key-for-new-line one. I will describe them better in Preware.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Not sure what's wrong...I just installed it from Internalz and it went through okay.

    Did you download it from your email and try to install it from there? If so, do you have the Save Attachments in Download Folder patch? After I downloaded it from my email, I opened up Internalz and found it in my downloads folder, then installed.

    Also I keep saying shift+enter, but...it's actually option+enter. It'll be right in Preware.
    instead of downloading it directly onto the phone i put it on via dropbox.
    then i used internalz to install it and it works fine

    oh, and fixed
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    instead of downloading it directly onto the phone i put it on via dropbox.
    then i used internalz to install it and it works fine

    oh, and fixed
    They actually call it the ctrl key in the code.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  11. #111  
    love the patch.
    thank you, its just what i've wanted!!

    i noticed something though, when i reach the end of my message and i press send, the autocorrect feature on the last word i've typed only then kicks in.

    before patching, the autocorrect feature doesn't correct before sending.

    for better explanation:
    my text - '..went there aswell.' Then when i press send, the 'aswell' is corrected so that the text that sends is '..went there Howell.' (Howell is a name on my contacts).

    previously, it would not correct what i've pressed sent on. now, i must send things with a space at the end to ensure it doesn't change.. i.e. '..went there aswell. '.

    Is there a fix for this? Minor but noticeable for me.

    P.S. i swear 'aswell' is a word?! lol
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by ienosis View Post
    love the patch.
    thank you, its just what i've wanted!!

    i noticed something though, when i reach the end of my message and i press send, the autocorrect feature on the last word i've typed only then kicks in.

    before patching, the autocorrect feature doesn't correct before sending.

    for better explanation:
    my text - '..went there aswell.' Then when i press send, the 'aswell' is corrected so that the text that sends is '..went there Howell.' (Howell is a name on my contacts).

    previously, it would not correct what i've pressed sent on. now, i must send things with a space at the end to ensure it doesn't change.. i.e. '..went there aswell. '.

    Is there a fix for this? Minor but noticeable for me.

    P.S. i swear 'aswell' is a word?! lol
    It's probably because it's registering a new line on send now even if it doesn't put the new line because the auto-correct feature kicks in once the cursor moves beyond the "incorrect" word. I don't think I can fix it in a way that will allow the ctrl+enter function to remain in. I'll look at it later to be certain, though.

    However, aswell is not a word. It's two separate words.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Here are the 1.4.5 versions. They were tested on a Pixi, should be the same for the Pre, though. It's a little hacky on 1.4.5, not too bad, though. Basically whenever you press enter, it'll jump to a new line, but if that enter sends a message, the new line won't be in the message. You'll see what I mean. Hopefully no one's too bothered.
    I installed the 'shift+enter for new line' on my Pre. I'm not sure that this is the intended behavior, but the only way I can get a new line is to HOLD orange + press Enter. Not saying that this is a bad thing, but I assumed from the name of the patch that it would be the shift key, not the orange key. Also, should you have to hold the orange key or just press orange then press Enter?

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I installed the 'shift+enter for new line' on my Pre. I'm not sure that this is the intended behavior, but the only way I can get a new line is to HOLD orange + press Enter. Not saying that this is a bad thing, but I assumed from the name of the patch that it would be the shift key, not the orange key. Also, should you have to hold the orange key or just press orange then press Enter?
    Sorry about that, I said shift b/c the other person said it, but I was mentally translating it to ctrl. So, yes, it's the orange key.

    But yes, you have to hold the orange key, just like when you're doing a copy or paste or screengrab. You don't have to mash it or anything, just hold it and press enter, then let go of it.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It's probably because it's registering a new line on send now even if it doesn't put the new line because the auto-correct feature kicks in once the cursor moves beyond the "incorrect" word. I don't think I can fix it in a way that will allow the ctrl+enter function to remain in. I'll look at it later to be certain, though.

    However, aswell is not a word. It's two separate words.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

    thanks malpha, awesome patch and learning english!
    keep us posted if there is a possible fix! appreciated!
  16. #116  
    I am unable to uninstall this patch now and my accounts app has fallen over, bringing down anything that relied on it (i.e. Email, facebook)
    I am unsure whether these are related but they happened pretty closely together....

    EDIT: the accounts issue was sorted out by a device restart - am still unable to remove the patch though



    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.1300817030945-request-enter-key-new-line-messaging-shift-enter-new-line.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    2 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.

    please help, its stopping me from using other patches as well
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 03/30/2011 at 05:24 PM.
  17. #117  
    If it won't install, it's probably because other patches have since been installed that fiddle along the same lines of the patch, which makes it hard for the uninstallers to remove it. The easiest thing to do is just send the original chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $back$ $over$ $to$ $your$ $device$. $This$ $will$ $reverse$ $the$ $changes$ $of$ $any$ $other$ $messaging$ $patches$ $that$ $modify$ $the$ $chatview$, $so$ $you$'$ll$ $have$ $to$ $uninstall$ $those$ $as$ $well$.

    Really though, if you're going to install a sconix Advanced patch, you should be prepared to EPR in order to do so. Just write your Saved Package List beforehand and reinstalling your patches will be very easy.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  18. #118  
    I don't have an advanced patch currently installed. And how do I get the original chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $back$? $Could$ $I$ $extract$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $2$.$1$ $doctor$?
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    I don't have an advanced patch currently installed. And how do I get the original chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $back$? $Could$ $I$ $extract$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $2$.$1$ $doctor$?
    But you want to install one, yes? EPR is the standard procedure. But what I meant is that with patching files, the original file gets backed up and the patch basically tries to insert lines in the original file and makes that the new file. With patches that modify the same file, it's inserting lines on top of inserted lines. So what happens sometimes is that when it does the check on the file to find out which lines to remove, it may have an issue if the file has been modified since then to the point where it may have touched on some shifted/added lines that your patch touched on. So, the options are:

    1) Remember the exact order you installed your patches to try to get them all to uninstall cleanly
    2) Restore the original file manually (in this case, chatview-assistant, and yes, you can just pull it from the 2.1 doctor. It is located at
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    3) EPR, which will the restore the original file modified by all patches.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  20. #120  
    thank you very much, i found that very useful. is there a way for me to get a list of all my installed patches easily without me writing down each one?
    and is there a way to reinstall them all easily as well?

    if i do get it from the doctor - will it also be shown to preware that the patches have been installed? and could it cause problems with other patches as well?
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions