Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nhimret View Post
    patch for 2.1 below

thank mamouton (#3)
    Could you please submit this to Preware. Using the messaging app without this is such a pain.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by nhimret View Post
    patch for 2.1 below

thank mamouton (#3)
    Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Same problem as the others are having with the smiley popup. Eagerly awaiting any updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papst View Post
    When composing a message in some cases the smiley-toolbox came up when pressing the space-bar. After removing the patch, everything works fine.
    Can someone confirm that issue? I'm using a german Pre Plus with official webOS 2.1...
    I have the same problem, it is obvious that there is a bug in this patch.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    +1 for the smiley toolbox issue when pressing spacebar.
    I'm also having the smiley face popup issue.
    Just to clarify when it happens: in the chat view if i type a word like "i'll" (no quotes and then press the spacebar the smiley faces pop up.
    I've found if i back-swipe, then go back into the conversation this stops happening until i type another word which i use the grey key for (like "don't").
    So this patch now conflicts with the 2.1 feature of grey-space for a large smiley menu which Precentral.net just featured (Smiley faces in the Messaging App [webOS 2.1] | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community)

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Papst View Post
    After installing that patch on a freshly doctored device, the strange behavior with the smiley-box coming up when pressing the spacebar also appears. So i think the problem didn't results from a conflict with other patches.

Furthermore i made some observations:

- when composing a new message (NOT in chat-view) the patch works fine
    - composing a message in chat-view -> smiley-box comes up when pressing the spacebar

Is it possible that the problem results from the different chatview-files for each language as reported here?
    Seems plausible. Does this help anyone with fixing the 2.1 compatible patch?
    Also, for reference, here is the webos-internals page which details some initial efforts on this patch: Patch Messaging Change "Enter Key" To Create Newline - WebOS Internals
    Okay, I found the problem. In the AreaKeyDown function, there's a check for the orange/ctrl key that turns to true when you press it. In the AreaKeyUp function (that's commented out in this patch), there's a check for the orange/ctrl key that turns it false when you release it. Since this function is never called anymore in this patch, the value never gets turned back to false after pressing the ctrl key, so the smiley box keeps popping up whenever you press the spacebar because it still thinks you've got the ctrl key pressed. Anyway, here's a version that should fix that.

Also, thanks to Nick, this version will actually show in the chatview where a blank line is, it should actually show the blank line instead of bunching them together.

I'll update it in Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    @malpha
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Okay, I found the problem. In the AreaKeyDown function, there's a check for the orange/ctrl key that turns to true when you press it. In the AreaKeyUp function (that's commented out in this patch), there's a check for the orange/ctrl key that turns it false when you release it. Since this function is never called anymore in this patch, the value never gets turned back to false after pressing the ctrl key, so the smiley box keeps popping up whenever you press the spacebar because it still thinks you've got the ctrl key pressed. Anyway, here's a version that should fix that.

Also, thanks to Nick, this version will actually show in the chatview where a blank line is, it should actually show the blank line instead of bunching them together.

I'll update it in Preware.
    Very nice work, and thanks!

Where is your donate link? This is definitely deserving IMO.
    i think orange /ctrl + enter for new line would be better ,then i could sent message by enter 。that would be faster。 could you please make a patch like that?? thk so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zcl273 View Post
    i think orange /ctrl + enter for new line would be better ,then i could sent message by enter 。that would be faster。 could you please make a patch like that?? thk so much!!
    At least for me, the patch is perfect as it is right now, since its first use for me is to prevent accidentally sending a message by hitting enter instead of backspace...
    ktessner likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zcl273 View Post
    Well...I could modify the current patch to try to make orange+enter send a message and leave enter as a new line....or I could make a separate patch that has enter for message send and orange/ctrl for a new line...I'll play around with both, unless someone here would really hate the first option.

Also, I don't really do donations...I kind of look at patches people want and if it looks like I can do it, I will do it. I think if I took donations I would feel, you know, compelled to do it. Plus some of these are other people's initial work...but if you feel like you want to donate, you can donate to JayCanuck and WebOSInternals in my name or something.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I think making orange + enter send a message is a good idea and will prevent the fat fingered people like me from accidentally sending a message by hitting enter...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I think making orange + enter send a message is a good idea and will prevent the fat fingered people like me from accidentally sending a message by hitting enter...;-)
    uh . that is a good idea .
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well...I could modify the current patch to try to make orange+enter send a message and leave enter as a new line....or I could make a separate patch that has enter for message send and orange/ctrl for a new line...I'll play around with both, unless someone here would really hate the first option.

Also, I don't really do donations...I kind of look at patches people want and if it looks like I can do it, I will do it. I think if I took donations I would feel, you know, compelled to do it. Plus some of these are other people's initial work...but if you feel like you want to donate, you can donate to JayCanuck and WebOSInternals in my name or something.
    thanks very much orange+enter send a message would be perfect
    I actually like the idea of orange/grey-key and shift for new line. But either that, or for send, would be cool, as long as the option to send from keyboard was available.
    (Since shift-enter matches facebook's new change for how to do newlines on the website.. as an aside it'd be nice if we could make the facebook client for webOS work the same as well..)
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Here's an updated version that does shift+enter for send and another version that does enter for send and shift+enter for newline.

I'll update this patch with shift+enter in Preware and instruct anyone who wants the switched version to come to this post, unless someone wants me to put the switched version in Preware as well.

These patches are for 2.1.0, but may work on 2.0.1. If they do, let me know, and I will mark them as such in Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast