Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Any chance this patch will be updated to 2.1?
    I'd like this too. I've not mistakenly sent a text by pressing Enter just yet since upgrading, but i know it'll drive me crazy when I do start doing it!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi I'm using palm pixi plus O2 (GSM). i cant install this patch, i always get the error:

Quote Originally Posted by vodanhdaisu View Post
    Hi I'm using palm pixi plus O2 (GSM). i cant install this patch, i always get the error:

Looks like a server problem, don't think its a device problem.

If you have Internalz installed & set to handle ipkg then you should be able to go here (Post #44)http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2309694 and email the attachment to your phone. Install it via Internalz or Preware.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Looks like a server problem, don't think its a device problem.

If you have Internalz installed & set to handle ipkg then you should be able to go here (Post #44)http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2309694 and email the attachment to your phone. Install it via Internalz or Preware.
    Thank you mate. i already successfully installed it by WQI 3.14, but the problem is that: it seems not affected on my phone. the sms is still be sent whenever i press enter
    patch for 2.1 below

thank mamouton (#3)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by nhimret View Post
    patch for 2.1 below

thank mamouton (#3)
    Works fine! Thx...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    patch for 2.1 below

thank mamouton (#3)
    Thanks! Will this be submitted to the Preware feeds?
    Quote Originally Posted by vodanhdaisu View Post
    Thank you mate. i already successfully installed it by WQI 3.14, but the problem is that: it seems not affected on my phone. the sms is still be sent whenever i press enter
    Possibly a stupid question but did you reset your phone after you installed?
    Second question, are you sure you installed the correct version? There is a specific GSM version in Post 44

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Possibly a stupid question but did you reset your phone after you installed?
    Second question, are you sure you installed the correct version? There is a specific GSM version in Post 44
    Yes, i always restart the phone manually after every patchs installed. My phone is from O2, it's GSM for sure, and i chose exactly the GSM patch version. Hope anybody can help me on this issue. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Papst View Post
    Works fine! Thx...

Sorry, but I have to revise my post!

When composing a message in some cases the smiley-toolbox came up when pressing the space-bar. After removing the patch, everything works fine.
    Can someone confirm that issue? I'm using a german Pre Plus with official webOS 2.1...
    patch for 2.1 below

thank mamouton (#3)
    Does this work for GSM-devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Does this work for GSM-devices?
    sure my phone is GSM O2
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts

When composing a message in some cases the smiley-toolbox came up when pressing the space-bar. After removing the patch, everything works fine.
    Can someone confirm that issue? I'm using a german Pre Plus with official webOS 2.1...
    Are you sure you weren't pressing sym (orange/grey key) before pressing the space bar?
    sure my phone is GSM O2
    just like mine :-)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

I am having the same problem with this patch. After using the "orange" key, any press of the spacebar brings up the smiley box. It no longer happens after patch removal.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    I am having the same problem with this patch. After using the "orange" key, any press of the spacebar brings up the smiley box. It no longer happens after patch removal.
    that isnt problem of patch, that is hotkey of webos 2.1. Default
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Maybe I wasn't 100% clear. After I use the orange key to enter any special character, any press of the spacebar brings up the smiley box. I no longer have to press orange+spacebar, just pressing the spacebar does it. After removal of the patch, this no longer happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    Maybe I wasn't 100% clear. After I use the orange key to enter any special character, any press of the spacebar brings up the smiley box. I no longer have to press orange+spacebar, just pressing the spacebar does it. After removal of the patch, this no longer happens.
    That's exactly the same behavior i noticed on my phone!
    Just pressing the spacebar brings up the smiley-box.

Note: Without the patch, pressing Orange+Space DOESN'T bring up the smiley-box!

After installing that patch on a freshly doctored device, the strange behavior with the smiley-box coming up when pressing the spacebar also appears. So i think the problem didn't results from a conflict with other patches.

Furthermore i made some observations:

- when composing a new message (NOT in chat-view) the patch works fine
    - composing a message in chat-view -> smiley-box comes up when pressing the spacebar

Is it possible that the problem results from the different chatview-files for each language as reported here?
    patch for 2.1 below

thank mamouton (#3)
    Hi

How to install the .patch file? thx
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast