Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    if you hit the enter key it will do a hard return now before the patch enter key would send the message you have to manually hit the send icon to send the message now.
    Thanks, mamouton! When you can get to the GSM version, I'm sure there will be many more than me who will appreciate it! :-)
    I didn't realize when I fixed StevenX he had other patches installed that affected the chatview. I will try to download today. We are on spring break this week and I am finishing up my disseratation so I will start the download and extract the file.
    updated with stock os files for GSM. Please test and I will submit to Preware
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'd be pleased to test it... but I am embarrassed to say that I only know how to install via Preware... if someone wouldn't mind telling me what to do with the download, I'll give it a try!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    updated with stock os files for GSM. Please test and I will submit to Preware
    I got this one to work. I had some difficulties however, but I'm not sure if it was a problem to do with my phone or not (as explained below), so you'll want some other GSM users to give it a go I imagine.

It kept failing with a similar hunk error to before, so I started removing Messaging patches, starting with the Select All and New Message one you singled out before, then rebooting. Still no luck. I then removed the remaining Mesagging patches in one go and rebooted. When my phone rebooted, Windows reinstalled Novacom after detecting the Pre on USB for some reason, and then the patch installed fine.

So, in short, I don't know if it failed the first couple of times due to the other Messaging patches I had installed or because Novacom seemed to be having problems and needed to reinstall itself on my laptop.

EDIT: I've now tried to reinstall all the other Messaging patches and the only one that won't reinstall is Jump One Word at a Time, so I'm guessing that may be which gives an IPKG error about the chatview-assistant. I'm guessing this may be where the incompatibility lies?
    Last edited by StevenX; 03/17/2010 at 08:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeinhk View Post
    I'd be pleased to test it... but I am embarrassed to say that I only know how to install via Preware... if someone wouldn't mind telling me what to do with the download, I'll give it a try!!
    Read http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes for an introduction. Use the new version of WebOS Quick Install posted at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html instead of the one linked to in that article.

Once you're set up with WebOS Quick Install working, you just click drag and drop the patch file mamouton posted into the WOSQI window, then press the Install button.
    @StevenX you are the second person that reported the jump one word wouldn't install with this patch. I don't use that patch so never had any experience with it. That also might explain why you had more information in your chatview file. I downloaded one from the wiki and it was pretty similiar to what I already had. I wonder if the original one would work for you. The one I posted earlier for you should work if that extra code is the jump one word at a time lines.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I wonder if the original one would work for you. The one I posted earlier for you should work if that extra code is the jump one word at a time lines.
    The original one in Preware works for me (when the jump one word patch isn't installed).
    The one you posted in this thread earlier also only works when the jump one word patch is not installed.
    Seems like that patch is the culprit! I very rarely use it, so I'm keeping it uninstalled so that I have no problems with this patch!
    I have finally gotten around to sorting this out on my Pre and the bottom line is that your original version of the Patch works fine, even on my GSM Pre. Based on your comments above, I just removed the Jump One Word patch and all is good...
    Thanks so so much!
    glad I could help
    Hello chaps,
    I seem to find that when I write the message, this patch works and carriage returns, yet when I send the message, both in SMS and in G-talk, it puts the text inline again. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    When entering a url or using youtube or an rss app to send a url using sms and then clicking the enter key to go to a new line, the sms application appears to have a bug where the url doesn't become clickable any longer for another Pre/Pixi. It appears as text only.

Possible to correct the sms application to notice a url and make it clickable again?
    Last edited by opacityzero; 03/22/2010 at 09:42 PM.
    To Ben K's query: Yes, I have always found the same with this patch but assumed that the carriage return gets passed on to the person at the other end... haven't verified that, though...
    Ask and you shall receive. I love the patch too and couldn't wait for it to get uploaded in Preware.
    Hy could you wrote a patch to get this new line when you send a message on the webos 2.0.1 please ?

I'm from France, thank you very much
    I installed this patch a few days ago and while I think its a cool idea, I have a request...

Would it be possible to alter this slightly so that you have to hit Shift+Enter or even Orange+Enter to add a new line, but can still send by hitting Enter?

I'm thinking that while it is nice to have, it isn't something that is going to be used often. Reaching up to the screen to send every text, is not nearly as convenient as hitting Enter.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I'd vote against that request, as I use enter a lot in my texts. That extra key press would be a real pain and a misskey would post a text half written.
    How about turning it on it's head and your suggested keys could be used to let you use enter to send ?
    I wasn't really thinking of changing the existing patch, but maybe adding another "flavor" of it. After all, who doesn't love variety?

Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I installed this patch a few days ago and while I think its a cool idea, I have a request...

Would it be possible to alter this slightly so that you have to hit Shift+Enter or even Orange+Enter to add a new line, but can still send by hitting Enter?

I'm thinking that while it is nice to have, it isn't something that is going to be used often. Reaching up to the screen to send every text, is not nearly as convenient as hitting Enter.
    -->BUMP<--

Any chance this patch will be updated to 2.1?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast