Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    StevenX your lines are much different. I think this patch will work. I have no way of testing because I don't have a gsm phone. Let me know how this works.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/06/2010 at 11:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    StevenX you aren't on Sprint are you? Are you using a GSM phone?
    Yeah, I'm on o2 UK. I'll give that patch a go and let you know how it works.

Edit: Didn't work, emailed you back!
    Last edited by StevenX; 03/06/2010 at 11:38 AM.
    GSM Phones Updated in post #44
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/16/2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Try this one
    This one works!

However there is one small bug, which I imagine you'll find easy to squash; when pressing the Enter key, the cursor moves to the next line and the message doesn't send, as expected, however the send message (paper airplane) button at the bottom right changes to its depressed state. Otherwise, this does the trick! Thanks for the help!
    That is the only way mines has always worked. The enter key puts a new line the only way I have ever known it to send is with the airplane. Did your function different in the past?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't think the state ever changed in the past. This is the first time I've ever noticed it.
    Either way, I much prefer that to sending half formed messages mistakenly!
    You rock mamouton! EZ install, works great!
    @stevenx Well you should be able to install the select all new patch you had earlier. There shouldn't be a conflict. I thought you had a cdma phone hence the reason I asked you to uninstall that one.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/06/2010 at 12:09 PM.
    Does this only work w/ the Messaging app? I always press enter when I put FaceBook comments, but it doesn't put a new line or anything. Just inputs my comment.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    far as I know only the messaging app.
    Uploaded GSM version to Preware.
    Thanks a lot Mamouton! It worked like charm! We truly appreciate your contributions to our beloved Palm Pre community!
    Keep'em coming....keep on having fun...
    far as I know only the messaging app.
    This is convenient, but can be extra convenient if made for the FB app as well. Do you know if that's possible? Thank you.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
  14.    #34  
    Thanks MaMouton for putting the patch on Preware!!!!! It works perfect!!

Love WebOS!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    @stevenx Well you should be able to install the select all new patch you had earlier. There shouldn't be a conflict. I thought you had a cdma phone hence the reason I asked you to uninstall that one.
    Yep, the two work fine together!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Uploaded GSM version to Preware.
    What's the GSM version called in Preware? I can't see it.

Also, I'm curious to know why Palm has changed the code of the Messaging app for GSM phones; any ideas from your work on this patch?
    I uploaded it so you have to ask dbsooner about that. I don't know why they changed it but it add several more lines of code not having a gsm phone I couldn't test any further.
    This is absolutely my favourite Patch; it is what drew me to Preware in the first place. I'm also trying to find the GSM version of your great Patch in Preware even now, a week later. Has anyone found it? (I get the same 1 of 6 hunks... error, too). Thanks so much...

By the way, though, it worked fine before Version 1.4 was installed... GSM or not...
    I have to download a gsm version of the doctor and make a patch for a stock phone haven't had time to download it yet
    I installed the "enter key for a new line" through preware and I didn't see any change. Can someone post a screen shot of the before and after?

thanks
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast