1.    #1  
    Earlier today I installed patches that I had lost in the update, I installed a launcher patch to open to the third page when launching. I had removed a patch as well the 500 mhz reflex . I added more patches as well, I added the Date patch to cover up the Sprint logo, but I did not remove the other date patch that I had in the middle of the top bar. Bottom line after the Luna restart when I hit the launcher key the launch pages come up with title but absolutely no icons. I did a hard reset and still nothing. I am at a loss. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do. I know all the applications are in the phone since i can launch the menu on the launcher and get to my device key. Help, help, help, please........
  2. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    this just happened to me as well.....I pretty much just added the patches I had before...and when I reset I have NO Icons at all....nothing....all my apps are listed on "List Apps" in the Launcher pull down menu....but I have no icons just the grey launcher background....PLEASE HELP!!!
    My app icons disappeared after a restart one time yesterday but I just restarted again and they came back. no other issues since then.
    some launcher patches conflict with each other. use universal search to launch Preware and remove ALL launcher patches. Then install one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ChemEngr...thanks so much!!...I didn't even think about the universal search for preware...that's what I did and then I really couldn't figure out which patch did it...so I did another EPR and my Icons were there...then I just started over

when I did my first reinstall of all my patches I didn't do a luna restart until all were loaded...this time I'm doing about 3-4 at a time and then a luna restart...that will help me figure out which patch is causing the issue...thanks again!! you saved me!!....this is why I love this forum!!!
  6. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    it turned out to be the "4X4 with no arrows" patch that caused the conflict.
    ^yep. this has been reported. Read up on the "Named Pages Launcher" patch thread. Glad you got things working.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    This happened to me last night! I removed alll launcher patches and still no luck (and I reset after removing them) Anything else I could try before I Doctor it? I never Doctor'd my pre before do I lose everything all apps and music too?
    Any help greatly appreciated
    ^EPR first.
    Darn the EPR didnt work!? Anything else!? and if I have to Doctor my pre do I lose everything?
    Had to Doctor it. I tried to clear everything off of it, but nothing worked so I called the good Ol' Doctor, it did the trick!