Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This seems so simple... but maybe not.
    I just want to be able to save attachments (in my case, mp3 and wav files) that are received to the internal storage of my Pre.
    I should be able to send myself a ringtone or song and be able to keep it and assign it to a suitable storage area on the device.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Really? No one else is interested in this?
    Give it time.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Give it time.
    True.
    Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is a good idea?
    Or if it's even possible? Is there something in WebOS that makes it impossible?
    i'd also like to know. Its a really weird issue to have. I get a lot of music in emails, and it sux that i can't play them in my music app. If I download an attachment, its on the device somewhere, so why can't i get to it?
    Yeah, that would save some steps, rather than having to go to your home computer open the mail and then save them and then port them over to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    This seems so simple... but maybe not.
    I just want to be able to save attachments (in my case, mp3 and wav files) that are received to the internal storage of my Pre.
    I should be able to send myself a ringtone or song and be able to keep it and assign it to a suitable storage area on the device.
    I absolutely would love that capability!!!!

There supposedly is a way to go in and find them using Internals, but it sounds pretty cumbersome.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Just a little bump... would love some feedback from one of the devs. If this isn't a possible kind of thing, I'll let it go.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'd like this one also.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thanks for your consideration.
    Is this kind of thing possible?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I would love this too.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Any of the patch developers... I've had a few others say they'd like this.
    Can anyone comment on whether it's possible? And if it is, anyone interested in or able to take on the challenge?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    A lot has happened... giving this a lot of time.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    It's possible to do this right now, but it's cumbersome and requires several steps. You need to use both Terminal and Internalz. (Check the archives on stories from the P|C main page, there was a tip on how to do that).

Seems like it should be possible with a patch, but I don't make patches and don't really know what the limitations are.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    It's possible to do this right now, but it's cumbersome and requires several steps. You need to use both Terminal and Internalz. (Check the archives on stories from the P|C main page, there was a tip on how to do that).

Seems like it should be possible with a patch, but I don't make patches and don't really know what the limitations are.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    I wouldn't think it would be that tough, since the tools are out there to do it. But like you, I don't know how the patches actually work or are created.
    Hoping that one day, before I no longer have a Pre, this patch happens.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.