Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Originally I was going to combine in the no arrow and fade and make 5x5 v2. However whatever I did in trying to combine them resulted in all sorts of hunk fails so I decided it best to just make the adjustments to the icon names regarding 3 line names and slightly more centered. I did add to the description for the feed that it works really well using the hide quick launch and no arrow and fade patches to get the clean 5x6 look. It will show up as an update to the current patch as soon as it arrives in the feed.

Attached is my first launcher page prior to updating the patch. I have the no arrow and fade patch and the glass theme (really makes all sorts of stuff look slick), not sure if I'm leaving out any visible launcher patches. And yes that is tweed, twee, scoop and feeds. Redundant but I wanted to change up and use both of each. The 50% sale on everything is hard to pass up and splurge. I think I goofed and spent next months entertainment budget too on apps though.

Correction it is the glass effect suite theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 06/24/2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: corrected what theme installed
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    3.5 days later, still waiting for the update in Preware
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    just downloaded the upgraded patch in preware and it reverts my launcher to 3x3 -- deleted and re-downloaded with the same result -- help
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Same for me, so I went back to v1.4.1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    just downloaded the upgraded patch in preware and it reverts my launcher to 3x3 -- deleted and re-downloaded with the same result -- help
    Same for me...had 4x4 v3 and it went to 3x3...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

yeah i just went back to 5x4 v1 -- sorry to hear others are having issues too but kind of glad too -- i have so many patches installed that i thought i was going to have to weed out a conflict. -- will wait to see how it shakes out
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Ditto on the update fail. Back to the previous version I go.

Just to make sure there wasn't a compatibility issue, I removed all of my other launcher patches: add/remove pages, hide launcher bar, and hide arrows and fade. I reinstalled the 5x5 patch by itself and it still didn't work. I'll tweet Rod and see if he has anything.
    Verified. I reinstalled all the other packages, and reinstalled 1.4.1-1 version of 5x5 patch and all is working well.
    I've been using this patch for months now. I can't go back to anything less. Thanks!

Opps! wrong patch, I have 5x4 icons.
    Last edited by vza33; 07/26/2010 at 10:18 AM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Edit: sorry for this message - when I wrote it on my Pre, I didn't notice there were two pages to this thread; the question now is: where do I find the old version mentioned by some of you above?

Help - I just installed the update to 5x5 - and it doesn't work!

I tried repeatedly to uninstall/install, including a full reset after every action - nothing, just the really hideous standard launcher.
    For the time being, I've installed 5x4,v1 (both versions work); it's quite good but definitely not as good as the 5x5.

Did the update work for the rest of you? Could it be that uninstallingvmy twenty-odd patches and the re-installing 5x5 first would help?

Regards,

Jochen

P.S. I'm trying to write this on my Pre with its ridiculous text editing/navigating "ability", so no correction of typos! :-(
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 07/26/2010 at 03:21 AM.
  11.    #31  
    I wanted to chime in to say you guys aren't alone something appears to have gone wrong in the process between me and arrival in the feed. I applied the patch with the changes I made through quick install to my pre to make sure it was working and also that the adjustments were sufficient to reduce the 3 line name problems. I uploaded that same file in the update submission. Investigating the ipkg log from the uninstall process indicates that all of the files are stock. Which seems to means that during the install process nothing was altered from the files previous state during the install. I'm going to have to find out what is going on behind the scenes to find out if there is anything I need to do to correct it or if it is some other problem.

In the mean time I reapplied the updated version from the file using quick install to make sure it applies correctly, which it did and I am including attached here for those of you who want to apply it that way for now. Please remove the package from the feed before installing it through quick install and also remove it from quick install before installing with preware to avoid any potential issues (I had duplicates show up listed, as a result of updating and installing without removing previous install, and refuse to be removed during testing of another patch I was trying to make). If there are any adjustments I should make to further improve the patch let me know and I can submit that along with finding out what went wrong in the process from my PC to getting on devices.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I've uploaded the patch in the previous post on your behalf, and have pushed it through the submission process. From what I can see, the previous submission was an empty patch file.

Look for one of:

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.1-30_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.2-15_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.3-9_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.5-14_all.ipk

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/26/2010 at 08:09 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've uploaded the patch in the previous post on your behalf, and have pushed it through the submission process. From what I can see, the previous submission was an empty patch file.

Look for one of:

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.1-30_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.2-15_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.3-9_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x5-icons-v1_1.4.5-14_all.ipk

-- Rod
    My guess is the file upload must have not completed properly. Strange that is the first time I've ever had that happen to me. Anyways thanks much for uploading it. I was going to make contact after dinner (just got through eating) but you beat me to it and found out what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    My guess is the file upload must have not completed properly. Strange that is the first time I've ever had that happen to me. Anyways thanks much for uploading it. I was going to make contact after dinner (just got through eating) but you beat me to it and found out what happened.
    We moved the whole patch portal to a new server, and needed to do a database dump and restore to achieve that, so it's possible something got screwed there too.

Anyway, it's all good now, and we've got more people on board to manage the patch submission process now, so updates should go through quickly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We moved the whole patch portal to a new server, and needed to do a database dump and restore to achieve that, so it's possible something got screwed there too.

Anyway, it's all good now, and we've got more people on board to manage the patch submission process now, so updates should go through quickly.

-- Rod
    Cool beans I'm sure this patch will get more tweaking to improve the name labels as more apps come out with long names that wrap 3 lines. So far I've reduced the font size, line spacing to match font size, and margins to maximize name space while allowing 5x5 (5x6 without quick launch). I'm not sure I got the names exactly centered either it looks to me to be off a pixel or two. So far for me the only apps that result with 3 lines are ones who put beta at the end of a long app name. Example Geocaching for webOS beta, beta ends up the 3rd line.
    is anybody working on these patches for 2.0.1.?
    Quote Originally Posted by jameybadger View Post
    is anybody working on these patches for 2.0.1.?
    At this time it isn't possible to change the launcher layout on 2.xx. It's been posted before that 2.x unfortunately doesn't have access to change this.
    what about 2.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by jameybadger View Post
    what about 2.0.1
    LOL... any 2.xx versions (2.0 and beyond)
    that bites I really want that patch and aolt of the other patches I had on 1.4.5.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast