Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have rewritten the "Call Duration in Call Log" patch. It now adds the ability to enable and disable the durations in the Phone Preferences screen.

There are two versions. The first is for all US based devices. The other is for non-US devices (World Release/WR).

For both versions, "Package Manager Service" is required for the Luna restart option to work. If you do not have "Package Manager Service" installed, the patch will still work, but you will not be able to restart luna when selecting "OK" to the restart option. You would have to restart manually.

I have updated the non-US release to DEPEND on the main patch. This prevents having the same code duplicated. If you use Preware to install the patches, then all dependencies will be installed automatically. If you use WOSQI to install, please make sure to install "Call History in Call Log" along with "Call History in Call Log non-US Devices" or it will not function properly.

Get both versions in Preware in Patches->Phone. Or, in WOSQI->Tweaks.

-Daniel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dBsooner; 03/02/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  2.    #2  
    Has anyone had a chance to use this? I have updated the non-US release to DEPEND on the main patch. This prevents having the same code duplicated. If you use Preware to install the patches, then all dependencies will be installed automatically. If you use WOSQI to install, please make sure to install "Call History in Call Log" along with "Call History in Call Log non-US Devices" or it will not function properly.

-Daniel
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I installed this yesterday via Preware. Seems to be working swimmingly. Thanks for updating it.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Along with the new call log, this is awesome.
    Works great on my US Pre.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Working great here. Thanks.
    I assume because I have not posted on this site before that I cant see the link to download the patch. Can someone help me out here. I am having this exact issue but I'm unable to find the patch to download.
    works great. thanks.
    Um...I'm a lil confused. I installed the call duration patch right after you updated it via webosqi the other night. It seems to be working properly and I don't have the call history in call log. I turned it off and restarted as instructed at the time. If it's not working properly how would I know?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    If I remember correctly, the original call duration patch put the call duration directly under the name in the call log. Now that the call duration is displayed as a part of the Phone app, it is only visible by opening up the contact list that expands below the call. Thus, without opening the list, the call duration is not visible. IMO, the defeats the purpose (at least for me) of the "normal" call log because of the time and tap required just to see the duration of a call. Sooooo...is it possible to tweak this patch (or create a new one) so that it places the call duration directly under the call name, thus making it visible at a glance when looking at the call log? Hope so.

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    If I remember correctly, the original call duration patch put the call duration directly under the name in the call log. Now that the call duration is displayed as a part of the Phone app, it is only visible by opening up the contact list that expands below the call. Thus, without opening the list, the call duration is not visible. IMO, the defeats the purpose (at least for me) of the "normal" call log because of the time and tap required just to see the duration of a call. Sooooo...is it possible to tweak this patch (or create a new one) so that it places the call duration directly under the call name, thus making it visible at a glance when looking at the call log? Hope so.

Thanks!
    ME
    YEP - its useless if I have to use the drop down menu to see the time - I want to see it as it was before - also it wont show the phone number unless you use the drop down menu

maybe someone will re-do the dialer as well
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    ...also it wont show the phone number unless you use the drop down menu

That too!
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post

Thanks!
    ME
    YEP - its useless if I have to use the drop down menu to see the time - I want to see it as it was before - also it wont show the phone number unless you use the drop down menu

This patch doesn't add the code for the duration display itself. Neither did the old one. All this patch does is gives you the ability to switch the setting for "CallLogHideCallDuration" to "false" instead of "true". All the other code is already in place by Palm. The OLD patch just hard set the setting to "false" in the code itself, thus making the actual "CallLogHideCallDuration" setting useless. My patch makes the setting work properly.

If you want to get into rewriting the Palm Code for the building of the Call Log, have fun. That would be more work than wanted. Especially for the circumstance you call the same number twice in a row. In the NEW call log, it adds both isntances UNDER the same row.. you tap the "more arrow" and you see both calls you made in a row.. both with time durations. You would have to rewrite the code to ONLY grab the last instance and place that duration under the main info row. Not something I am willing to undertake. Anyone else?
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

yea that makes sense, I guess since the update to the phone menu style where there is that drop down menu

but all I need is the last call to show the time so if I have to use the drop down menu to see the other ones
    yea this sucks, I dont like the new call screen, I cant tell what is a incoming call or outgoing call without using the drop down menu - I hate this and have webos doctored my phone back to 1.3.5 and blocked updates from working so it will stay at 1.3.5

I dont need to record video, flash support would be nice but it didnt work for me anyways so f-it - 1.3.5 is what I am running until my phone stops working
  15. nak
    yea this sucks, I dont like the new call screen, I cant tell what is a incoming call or outgoing call without using the drop down menu - I hate this and have webos doctored my phone back to 1.3.5 and blocked updates from working so it will stay at 1.3.5

I dont need to record video, flash support would be nice but it didnt work for me anyways so f-it - 1.3.5 is what I am running until my phone stops working
    you're going backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    you're going backwards.
    yep, thats what it means to use an older version
    yea this sucks, I dont like the new call screen, I cant tell what is a incoming call or outgoing call without using the drop down menu
    If you want, I can hook you up with a simple patch I made myself to show the icons for each call without having to open the drawer...Just send me a PM with your email addy...I'm waiting to work a couple other things into it before I post it.

It was bugging me a little.

I very much like the patch, because I don't like available information to be hidden from me . Thank you for work.

I'm having an issue w/ updating the patch to its latest version though. Here is a step-by-step of all events since I first installed the patch:
    1) patch for non-us devices installed, webOS 1.4.0 -> works fine
    2) preware reports an update, that has a dependency -> no code duplication according to the changelog, which makes perfectly sense --> I've ignored the update for quite some time
    3) updated to 1.4.1 today
    4) attempt to update the patch --> dependency installed correctly, patch for non-us devices fails, unfortunately I can't copy the ipkg log
    5) attempt to remove the patch --> fail

The patch (or both of them) seems to be working fine, with a small discrepancy though - a 2 seconds call is reported as 5 seconds, but this is a webOS issue and I guess this the reason this isn't native yet.

Other useful information:
    - german Pre but set to use english
    - other phone app related patches: "No Missed Call Callback", "Phone No AutoClose" and "Close Slider to End Calls Except Headset"

I'll be happy to assist you with this issue, because I want to either update or to remove the patch. The latter is not preferred, but I like the issue fixed.
    Late version of Preware added the ability mail the IPKG log. Here is the log when attempting to remove the patch. (see my prev post in this thread for further details, one or two posts back) I would mery much like assistance in removing the patch completely or updating it as I like the info.

Code:
    unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    prerm
    2 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $6$ $out$ $of$ $6$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$de_de$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$de_de$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$en_ca$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$en_gb$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_es$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_es$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_us$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_us$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_ca$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_ca$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_fr$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_fr$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$it_it$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$it_it$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $lock$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $failed$
    $ErrorGenericMethodException$: $Failure$ $during$ $pre$-$remove$ $script$ $execution$
    $unlock$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $prerm$
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $6$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$app$/$controllers$/$preflist$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $6$ $out$ $of$ $6$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$de_de$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$de_de$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$en_ca$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$en_gb$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_es$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_es$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_us$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$es_us$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_ca$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_ca$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_fr$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$fr_fr$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$it_it$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$resources$/$it_it$/$views$/$preflist$/$preflist$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $lock$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $failed$
    $ErrorGenericMethodException$: $Failure$ $during$ $pre$-$remove$ $script$ $execution$
    Attempting to install via preware 1.0 and get ipkg dependency error:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    39 35938 39 14234 0 0 36885 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 50835
    100 35938 100 35938 0 0 74945 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 96348
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log_1.4.1-1_all.ipk 2>&1
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log (1.4.1-1) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log:
    org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast