1.    #1  
    just like the data toggle and gps toggle. Possible to add a one touch WIFI toggle to device menu? It would be nice to not have to click 3 times to disable WIFI.
    1+

I'm curious how you are counting three taps, the only way it would be three is if you count opening the device menu as a tap; but sense you asking for a one tap solution for Wifi, it would seem that you are not counting opening the device menu tap.

For me its

Open menu>Wifi>Toggle on/off
    Shalom
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Try Quick System Tasks. I leave in running in the Notification area and its one click to bring it up and another to turn off wifi, btooth, gps, etc.
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen3712 View Post
    1+

I'm curious how you are counting three taps, the only way it would be three is if you count opening the device menu as a tap; but sense you asking for a one tap solution for Wifi, it would seem that you are not counting opening the device menu tap.

For me its

Open menu>Wifi>Toggle on/off

yeah i suppose its two clicks. i was looking at quick system tasks but being the tweakaholic, i prefer to conserve memory if possible.
  5. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I was going to make a new thread for this, but i will instead bump this one. A one step approach would make turning off and on wifi much simpler.
    +1

that was the original idea behind http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-hardware.html
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    the thing is, this seems like a relatively easy to do. With all the device menu mods out there that do fancier stuff, i think its just because there are less people making patches these days. Then again, as someone asking for strangers to do free work, i dont want to seem entitled.
    Sconix's device menu patch (system menu mods v. 1) allows for meta-tap to toggle. That's like... One and a half taps...