Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I read that the reason the lock screen is borked is due to preware/patch/packagemanager

We'll I love it sorta... Any way to patch it up so that when an app is in focus we get the clear one with just the lock button and transparent bg. And when no app is in focus or on the TS its the normal lock screen with the clock etc?

Kinda cool having it lock and then hitting the button and seeing the app in focus right there clear as day... First time I noticed it I had messaging open and hit the power button to see my messaging app updating live on my screen while receiving messages with out unlocking was too cool...
    Yeah. Kinda neat with the new lock screen. But I hate the fact that there's no more clock without unlocking. I'm hoping for a patch or maybe I'll have to look into some top bar modifications. I use my phone as a watch most of the times so I'll just have to run the clock app before putting it in my pocket for now.
    I would also love it so that when app has focus then the lock screen would be transparent and when no then the black background with clock. Is there any more info what is causing it to be transparent? Some specific patch or what. If it is a patch that does this then I might be able to do a patch that would enable behavior that I described.

EDIT: found the thread that mentions the fault lying in Preware. Have to **** into this that if it would be possible to make a patch to have the above functionality.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/01/2010 at 06:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    hm. wheres that thread, can't find it for some reason?
    +1

I would love to see this bug turned into a patch.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I only loose my lockscreen when I need to do a Luna Restart and have selected "Later" when installing pactches or other apps that require a Luna restart. If they could create a patch to do this but still list the time it might be nice.
    Wait, what bug are you talking about? I don't think I've experienced this. The only bug I've had is sometimes when I unlock it, it only makes the slider thing disappear, and the enter PIN code screen never comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Wait, what bug are you talking about? I don't think I've experienced this. The only bug I've had is sometimes when I unlock it, it only makes the slider thing disappear, and the enter PIN code screen never comes up.
    At least for me this is still occurring sometimes when installing patches through Preware and restarting Luna. It have actually happen me in two different ways.
    1) Only the background of lock screen is missing / transparent so only the lock icon visible (no clock visible neither). 2) The screen won't lock at all. In both cases restarting of the phone or locking/unlocking screen many times has fixed the problem.

I suspect that there is no way to turn this into patch, but not sure. Since it seems like the screen lock is just miss behaving randomly e.g. not loading the wallpaper as background for the lock screen etc.