Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I have patches through Preware, and the NFL and NASCAR hide apps weren't updated until a little while ago. So I clicked Update All and got an error the first time. So then I tried again. It looked like NFL app was hidden, but not NASCAR. So I plugged the phone in and tried to go through Quick Install Tweaks. I clicked to hide NASCAR, and it says it was installed. However...

Now my phone is completely messed up. I have a constant Too Many Cards notification, it doesn't respond, it won't turn on and off (have to pull the battery out), AND the NASCAR app is still there. I have no idea what to do. I can't connect through Quick Install on my desktop because when I plug my phone into my computer, it doesn't recognize it (I get no option to "Just Charge" etc.).

***? What do I do????

Thanks in advance for help!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I should add: I can't even get Preware to open on my phone because it's constantly "Downloading Feed Information", and then I get the Too Many Cards thing.

I'm seriously on the verge of crying. Please help. Anyone?
    Why the hell would you want to delete the NFL app? Nascar app I can see but shame on you for hiding The NFL app!
    I have both the NFL and Nascar apps hidden and it works perfectly. Have you tried doing a restart, or maybe a battery pull?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I can't restart because holding the power button does nothing.

I have done a battery pull - it just restarted the phone.

I click on Tweaks in Quick Install to hide the NASCAR app, and it says "Please wait" and then that's it. It doesn't work. I can't pull up Preware on my phone because then I get a Too Many Cards error from lack of memory.

I don't know what to do. I'm just letting Preware load and ignoring the Too Many Cards error.

I also am getting a Critical Memory Shortage error.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    It's to the point that opening and closing the phone does nothing until like, five seconds later. There's no response from the phone. It was all fine this morning until I tried to install the Hide NASCAR app from Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Having to do another battery pull. Then I noticed that the back cover isn't even fitting right. ***?????????
    I don't know for sure, but have you tried uninstalling your patches, and then reinstalling? When you connect to your computer, do you see a usb link icon on your phone? If it's there, toggle it to allow a usb link connection. Sorry I cannot be of further help.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I will try that when I put the battery back in. I'm at such a loss.
    NINnerd: you are not completely at lost, there is one last alternative which is using WebOS doctor to put your phone back to factory defaults and start over.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I know that. I just REALLY don't want to have to do that. Haha. I will see if I can hook it up as USB and delete all patches and see if that helps. Then I can just start over.
    You can also try installing the Emergency Patch Removal tool, and then install the patches again.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I am able to be connected as USB. What now?

All my other patches work, btw. Should I try and reinstall Preware itself? That's the only thing bringing up the Too Many Cards error (when it tries to load).
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm having the same exact issue. I was updating my patches and after the hide nascar patch my phone started acting weird. everything runs fine until i try to install a app from the app store or run preware. The phone slows to a crawl then too many cards error pops up, then critical memory error and finally phone reboots on its own.

Right now I'm stuck on the palm loading screen and I'm going to try and doctor it
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I deleted my Preware app from my phone. I am now reinstalled it on my phone. Then I'll try and get back into Preware from the phone.

melo - Let me know if you find anything out. We are like Pre Fail buddies. :/
    When deleting and reinstalling Preware remember to also do the same for the Package Manager Service.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Well, I am trying to reinstall both. But I don't think I deleted Package Manager Service in the beginning. Lovely. Maybe this is why I'm getting an error?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I had to Ctrl Alt Delete to stop Quick Install, and now I have the Too Many Cards thing again.

Should I just do a WebOS Doctor? I really don't want to. Won't I lose all my Contacts, Ringers settings, and Palm Apps, too?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I held down the power button and it caused a force restart. I don't even think I can get Preware back on my phone. W T F? I'm just really upset.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    When deleting and reinstalling Preware remember to also do the same for the Package Manager Service.
    How do I delete Package Manager Service?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast