Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch modifies the formatting of email replies and forwards sent from your phone so that they mimic the formatting used in Outlook 2007. This patch is compatible with WebOS 1.4 and is available on Preware.

Changes include: 1) change font size to 11 pt. Calibri, light navy, 2) replaces the "John Smith wrote:" text with the "From", "Sent", "To", and "Subject" language used in Outlook 2007, 3) formats email headers to 11 pt. Calibri font, 4) uses long form for dates in "Sent" field (e.g., Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:26 pm), and 5) enables SmartReply, which refrains from reformatting the original text in replies/forwards.

***Please note that this patch is currently ONLY compatible with Exchange 2007***

Here's a screenshot of the final product:
    screen_capture.png

For some history on this patch and a few other related patches, see this thread.

jonolee
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jonolee; 02/28/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'm not using any of the exchange servers. Can I use the Mimic Outlook patch or do I need to wait for the multi-mod?

Also, will the multi mod versions be updated for 1.4?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    I'm not using any of the exchange servers. Can I use the Mimic Outlook patch or do I need to wait for the multi-mod?

Also, will the multi mod versions be updated for 1.4?
    You can certainly try -- it won't hurt anything. The problem that some have experienced is having their sent emails sit in their outbox without ever sending. If you experience this problem, you can simply remove the patch and wait for the multi-mod version. I know mike_pre had mentioned he was looking at updating the multi-mod version -- if he doesn't, I might take a look and bring it up to date for webOS 1.4
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    You can certainly try -- it won't hurt anything. The problem that some have experienced is having their sent emails sit in their outbox without ever sending. If you experience this problem, you can simply remove the patch and wait for the multi-mod version. I know mike_pre had mentioned he was looking at updating the multi-mod version -- if he doesn't, I might take a look and bring it up to date for webOS 1.4
    Yes, an update of the Replies Forwards Multi Mod patch would be most appreciated.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Jonolee - Am I correct in thinking that the only difference between this patch and the multi-mod is the smart reply? If so, how would I disable smart reply in the patch? Is there just a line change or is it more complicated than that?
  6.    #6  
    Jonolee - Am I correct in thinking that the only difference between this patch and the multi-mod is the smart reply? If so, how would I disable smart reply in the patch? Is there just a line change or is it more complicated than that?
    That's correct -- that's the only difference. Here's a discussion of our progress updating the Multi-Mod patch to 1.4.
    Anyone know how I can determine which version of Exchange I am connected to from my laptop? Thanks...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I installed this patch with no changes, and when I send a reply, the actual text of the original email is missing. I get the "From, Sent, To Subject" but nothing below. Forwards are fine. Any ideas?
  9.    #9  
    I installed this patch with no changes, and when I send a reply, the actual text of the original email is missing. I get the "From, Sent, To Subject" but nothing below. Forwards are fine. Any ideas?
    It's most likely since you're not using Exchange 2007 and lack support for SmartReply. Sorry, you'll probably want to wait until someone is able to update the original "Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod" patch.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Okay, thanks. Bummer. I wish Palm would just fix this themselves.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Is this patch only enabled on Exchange accounts?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Is this patch only enabled on Exchange accounts?
    You can certainly try to use this on non-Exchange 2007 accounts -- it won't permanently hurt your phone -- but this patch was specifically designed for Exchange 2007 servers and most likely will not work completely (as Flur experienced) with anything else. Sorry.

There's an alternate patch ("Email Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod") that is globally compatible that accomplishes many (but not all) of the things that this patch does, but it has not been updated to webOS 1.4 yet.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    You can certainly try to use this on non-Exchange 2007 accounts -- it won't permanently hurt your phone -- but this patch was specifically designed for Exchange 2007 servers and most likely will not work completely (as Flur experienced) with anything else. Sorry.

There's an alternate patch ("Email Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod") that is globally compatible that accomplishes many (but not all) of the things that this patch does, but it has not been updated to webOS 1.4 yet.
    What I'm getting at is will it mangle my IMAP (or other accounts) or will it only mangle the Exchange (2007) account I have? I'll add "compatibility" for MS but don't want it on every email I send.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    What I'm getting at is will it mangle my IMAP (or other accounts) or will it only mangle the Exchange (2007) account I have? I'll add "compatibility" for MS but don't want it on every email I send.
    This applies to all emails sent from your phone so, yes, it will affect any reply/forward sent from your phone, regardless of the type of account you use. That's why I recommend only using this if you only use your phone with Exchange 2007 servers.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    angiest - All I've seen so far for issues on IMAP is that the original text is not included in a reply, but the To, From, Date, etc for the original text is there, so it looks a little weird. Forwards look fine. Since I can't live with the giant font but I CAN live with my replies missing their original text I've left the patch on. When the multi/mod patch is fixed I'll uninstall this one and add that one.
  16.    #16  
    For those interested, I've updated the "Replies/Forwards Multi Mod" patch so that it's compatible with 1.4 here.
    Has anyone tested this with WebOS 2.0?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I got impatient and jumped to 2.1 on my Sprint Pre, and I'm missing this patch very much! Using email for business and having replies look like they came straight from Outlook is needed.

Greatly appreciated if any of the patch authors can help out!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    What size font does the native Pre email app use? I have a hard time reading emails due to the font size. Can't always grab my reading glasses. Is there a way to increase the font size? I have a patch installed to increase the font for sms messages (think it is 21 now), and could really use one for email. I know reading landscape increases the font size but can't type a new email in landscape.

I am looking at a way to have larger font when reading and typing but have the email sent in standard font size. Does that make sense? Display font larger, not necessarily the font size of the email itself.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Top.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast