Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    yea, mamouton got this....

are you gonna be able to incorporate this into your email mega mix patch? I currently have that installed on sprint pre- 2.1
    Yes if I get it figured out I will

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    not to bug but have you been able to make any progress on this?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    it seems this might be more challenging in 2.x. With HP's focus on enterprise, I'm really surprised this wasn't part of webOS. It really is quite embarrassing to reply to a business email and have it come out with huge fonts and ruin the layout.
    Agreed. I now mostly read e-mail on my Verizon Pre2 and only reply if absolutely necessary.
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Well hate to say it this was one of my deciding factors in going back to 1.4.5 for now.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I'm on Verizon Pre2 WebOS 2.0.1

Is there anything out there right now for 2.0.1 that will mimic Outlook? I can't have people getting email with the default look...
    Quote Originally Posted by djwhitey View Post
    not going to be able to work much more on it today, but here's what I have so far. Note: replying to an email with the patch attached to this message installed will not work. The "Reply Email" card just spins & spins. I will look at this more tomorrow.
    this MimicOutlook_2.0.patch was stuck at Foundations.StringUtils.escapeHTML(toAddressList.join("; ") || ''),

this is because while this.action is not "forward",
    the javascript doesn't handle the toAddressList and ccAddressList,
    so you have to move this line 505 ##if (this.action === "forward") { above this line 538 ##if (fromObj.name === fromObj.addr) {##

so both forward or reply will have the toAddressList and ccAddressList.
    Last edited by roger88; 07/11/2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Glad to see there is still some hope! I recently got a TouchPad and was very surprised/disappointed that in 3.0 they are still not using Outlooks formatting when replying to Exchange emails. I just don't get it. If this is meant to be an enterprise device and you have Exchange support, it just seems logical.

Crossing fingers...
    ght likes this.
    Here's a bump in hopes someone is out there and finds this to be a major issue for professionals trying to use webOS. I really thought in 3.0 this would get a makeover, but it works the same way as in 2.x. And we haven't had a patch for it since 1.x.

The patch made it pretty much perfect. When I get emails from Windows Phone 7, they look like replies straight from Outlook (as you would expect). From my TouchPad and FrankenPre2, emails are in a ridiculously large font and the headers get all screwed up.

Anyone patchers out there willing to look into this?
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    When I get emails from Windows Phone 7, they look like replies straight from Outlook (as you would expect). From my TouchPad and FrankenPre2, emails are in a ridiculously large font and the headers get all screwed up.
    One of the primary reasons my next phone may have to be WP7.
    I have added a bounty on the head of this patch - go see the following thread and contribute to bring this to 2.x and 3.x!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3054669
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123