Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by danrod8 View Post
    I got impatient and jumped to 2.1 on my Sprint Pre, and I'm missing this patch very much! Using email for business and having replies look like they came straight from Outlook is needed.

Greatly appreciated if any of the patch authors can help out!
    I'm on the same boat. One of my favorite patches in 1.4.x and can't wait to have the 2.1 version!
    About to get a Pre 2. Has the original author jumped ship to Android? Is there rumor of anyone else working on this for WebOS 2.x?
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Bump! I'll just stand over here waiting for this one.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I took a look at this patch and what it would take to port it to webOS 2.1.0. The email app changed a lot from 1.4.5. I started sifting through lines of code trying to find the relevant parts to patch, but it is just so different. I gave up after about 3 hours of trying to do this.
    Thanks for taking a look! Is the reply formatting of the e-mail app the same in 2.x as 1.x? Meaning, did they change it enough that we can get by without having the old patch in place?
    Guys, from the developer himself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee
    Unfortunately, no. I sold my Pre almost a year ago, and have lost touch with the development community.

Sorry!
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Not good! I hope someone else can run with the torch!

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I'm working this for 2.x. Looks like much of the same type of patching can just be done to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/Composition.jsjsjs $instead$ $of$ $Email$.$js$.
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    not going to be able to work much more on it today, but here's what I have so far. Note: replying to an email with the patch attached to this message installed will not work. The "Reply Email" card just spins & spins. I will look at this more tomorrow.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djwhitey; 03/15/2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    Quote Originally Posted by djwhitey View Post
    I will look at this more tomorrow.
    Looking forward to this.
    Alright djwhitey! Thanks for coming to the rescue. The default reply style in Outlook really is an abomination. Thanks for taking on this challenge! Let us know how it's going.
  12. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Honestly, I figured this would have been rolled into the v2.x software released. Hope this patch can get updated to work for us.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Honestly, I figured this would have been rolled into the v2.x software released. Hope this patch can get updated to work for us.
    Same here -- I remember someone from Palm at the time reviewing this as a possible bug. They are positioning webOS as a business capable OS -- my Outlook email replies look almost ridiculous in the large font they now show up as.
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I sent that in as a suggestion. Apparently not important enough for them. Playing around with 2.1.0 I can't believe some of the new features that were higher on their importance list over things like this... I'd trade the Gesture Tutorial and Exhibition apps for a bug fix or two in a heartbeat. What a waste of memory.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Any progress being made here? I wish I knew enough to help!
    This is one of my all-time favorite patches. I would love to see it come back again for 2.X version.

djwhitey, thank you for your efforts to bring this patch back. Eagerly awaiting
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Is anyone still working on this?
    I am working on it also there are just many changes so it is a little more work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  19. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Well when you got it ready I'll be more than happy to give it a try.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am working on it also there are just many changes so it is a little more work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Thank goodness. Nice to know a trusted name is working on this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast