Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Now that the apps open in that card view before opening full screen. is there a way that we can change the boring gray background thats behind the icon? To me it looks a little plain just a gray card.
    its supposed to provide the illusion of making the app open faster changing the background would probably make it run slower counteracting any benefits
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well if it's just creating an illusion, then there's no benefit to begin with. what difference would it make in that case?
    well the illusion has benefit in at least seeming to make the app run faster so if we slow it down we will be making it even worse than stock
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well, to me, the wait for the app to open is still slow, so whats another fraction of a second to render an image?
    youre free to do whatever i was just making sure you were informed of possible effects relax
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    tis all gravy man. i'm relaxed. i thought about that. i personally would prefer to look at something different during the time i'm waiting for it to open, than that drab gray card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    its supposed to provide the illusion of making the app open faster changing the background would probably make it run slower counteracting any benefits
    this makes no sense. changing a .png from one to another has never affected speed in loading as long as the dimensions and size of file are observed. This is something I am looking into changing for my personal ZomPre theme. With this logic any theme should slow the Pre down.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    ive noticed that once i removed my theme in preparation to update it did seem slower bu i dont have any imperical evidence
    please tell me what palm and sprint have to do to please us... damn!
    so we should never expect improvements?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    please tell me what palm and sprint have to do to please us... damn!
    wait.....what? Im not complaining. i love the new changes. Just ME, as an individual, with my own preferences, wanted to know now that this action takes place, if that means there is a file that can be changed so i can make it what i want. at no point did i request that palm make any changes to anything to please me. if i cant then whatever. it's not life or death.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    and its not a matter of improvements. after owning a number of phones that had no customization whatsoever, this OS is amazing. the fact that i can make a file in PS and have a new wave, or unlock button, or xray vision, or all the other awesome things these guys have done for us, then i am thankful. it's just a minor change. and now, this simple thread about the location of a png file has turned into a defense. this is lame. could someone politely answer my question if it can be answered?