Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out the WebOS-Internals WebOS-Patches Web Portal! I have all the patches currently ported to 1.4.0 listed there. Here is a link to browse the 1.4.0 list.

dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

I will use this thread as a place to keep track of when I add more to the 1.4.0 list. Check back here, or follow me on twitter @dBsooner.

Here is the list of patches NOT CURRENTLY PORTED to 1.4.0:

Ported highlighted in SeaGreen

App Catalog: Hide App Vendors
    App Catalog: Show Download Count
    App Launcher: Hide VZNav
    App Launcher: Hide YouTube App
    App Launcher: Launcher Page Selection Tabs
    App Launcher: Menu Fade Scrim
    App Launcher: Named Pages in the Launcher
    App Launcher: Reset to First Page
    App Launcher: Reset to Middle Page
    App Launcher: Show FirstUse App
    Browser: GestureClick Context Menu
    Browser: Multi Mod
    Browser: Swipe History
    Calculator: Enable Vibration
    Calendar: More Reminder Alarm Times
    Calendar: Notification Repeat
    Calendar: Snooze Duration Selection
    Calendar: Wrap Location Field
    Camera: Improved Filename Format ----- CONFIRMED TO BE REPLACED BY 3 NEW PATCHES
    Camera: Sound Toggle Green
    Camera: Sound Toggle Grey
    Email: Delete From Notification
    Email: Enable Landscape Email
    Email: Mark Read-Unread Mods
    Email: Multi Patch
    Email: Replies Forwards Multi Mod
    Email: Replies Forwards Multi Mod 10pt Arial Black
    Email: Replies Forwards Multi Mod Black Font
    Email: Vibrate to One and a Half Seconds
    Email: Vibrate to One Second
    Email: Vibrate to Two Seconds
    Google Maps: Latitude Workaround
    Messaging: Add Select All and New Message
    Messaging: Enable Forwarding ----- OBSOLETE AFTER 1.2.1
    Messaging: Enter Key for New Line
    Messaging: Notification Repeat
    Messaging: Poor Mans Twitter Client
    Messaging: Remove Send and Attach Buttons
    Messaging: Timestamps Builtin
    Misc: No Network Time Zone Error ----- OBSOLETE IN 1.4.0
    Misc: Scrim Multi
    Misc: Scrim Multi o2
    Mojo: Haptic Feedback Manager
    Mojo: Smiley Faces in Symbol Box
    Mojo: Smiley Faces in Symbol Box Reversed
    Pandora: Pandora Ad Fix
    PDF Viewer: PDF Redux
    Phone: Call History During Call
    Phone: Enable GPS Dial Action on GSM ----- OBSOLETE IN 1.4.0
    Phone: Match State to Area Code
    Phone: Open to call log
    Screen Lock: Enable LED Notifications ----- OBSOLETE IN 1.4.0
    Screen Lock: Enable LED Notifications German ----- OBSOLETE IN 1.4.0
    Screen Lock: Move Emergency Call
    SprintNav: Black Background Dark Blue Font
    SprintNav: Black Background Grey Font
    Top Bar: Device Menu Ultramix
    Top Bar: No Date
    Universal Search: Command Line
    Universal Search: USCL Memos Patch
    Video Player: Swipe to Delete Videos

-Daniel
    Last edited by dBsooner; 03/06/2010 at 08:46 AM.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    There isn't an update option for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post

There have been some patches made obsolete by the 1.4.0 update. The ones I know of at this time are:
    Phone: Call Duration in Call Log (Palm changed the call log, Duration should be on by default)
    Duration doesn't show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akpotato View Post
    Duration doesn't show up.
    +1. I don't see any preferences or options for call duration. I placed a couple of calls to check. No duration listed.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Hoping that Match State to Area Code gets ported soon.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    It looks like part of the video update includes swipe to delete videos, so that patch may be obsolete now...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Check out the WebOS-Internals WebOS-Patches Web Portal! I have all the patches currently ported to 1.4.0 listed there. Here is a link to browse the 1.4.0 list.

dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

I will use this thread as a place to keep track of when I add more to the 1.4.0 list. Check back here, or follow me on twitter @dBsooner.

At this time there are 181 compatible 1.4.0 patches.

There have been some patches made obsolete by the 1.4.0 update. The ones I know of at this time are:

Screen Lock: Enable LED Notifications (Palm Enabled this in 1.4.0)
    Misc: No Network Timezone Error (Palm rewrote this code in 1.4.0, fixes error)
    Phone: Call Duration in Call Log (Palm changed the call log, Duration should be on by default)
    Phone: Enable GPS Dial Action on GSM (First Patch to be included by palm!)

-Daniel
    Call duration doesn't work by default. I've already listed it as a bug at the Palm forums site. Not sure what happened (Sprint said No?) but many users are seeing the same behavior. I've yet to see any user who has said that it works for them.

Tapping on the photo in the log does show grouped calls but it doesn't show call length.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Bizarre.

The default call duration was working earlier today. But... in the past 30 minutes I've gone through and installed the patches that I've gotten used to having(except call-duration in call log). I just stumbled across this thread and I was gonna post a screenshot with this feature. Jump into my phone app and well... no call-duration any more.

I swear it was there just an hour ago. I've been second guessing myself a little bit, but I know for a fact it was there with no patches on my phone.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps someone figure out why it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcwood79 View Post
    Bizarre.

The default call duration was working earlier today. But... in the past 30 minutes I've gone through and installed the patches that I've gotten used to having(except call-duration in call log). I just stumbled across this thread and I was gonna post a screenshot with this feature. Jump into my phone app and well... no call-duration any more.

I swear it was there just an hour ago. I've been second guessing myself a little bit, but I know for a fact it was there with no patches on my phone.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps someone figure out why it doesn't work.

On sprint, the call duration patch doesn't work with 1.4 (new call log), and either Sprint or Palm removed the call duration before the update went OTA. Sprint has been rumored for a long time to be removing that function..... but I dunno I know I've had it on some other sprint phones.
    Ok so I saw the duration during a weird start-up of the phone app. The durations were next to the phone number where the Pre grouped multiple calls to same caller. So it looked like this:

Jane Doe
    Mobile, 4:55 AM
    M (888) 123-4567 (1min 45secs)
    M (888) 123-4567 (3min 50secs)

However, after a luna restart, they longer show up. I'd say I've seen the call duration once out of 9 luna restarts. Very buggy it seems....
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    So if it's on the list but not working should I uninstall and reinstall? I was assuming they hadn't been updated...wrap launcher pages and 4x4 icons version 3 off the top of my head.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    When I run webosQI and select "Tweaks", I get the message that says my device has been updated and do I want to transition patches to the new version. If I select yes, I get an error on every patches (all are shown as being 1.4 compatible in the above list) and it skips all of the patches. But I can't delete or add any new patches.
    Can't seem to see "Personal Avatar Leftside" Patch, it no longer shows up on preware.
  14.    #14  
    OK. After digging around, I figured out the code is there by default. However, for some reason the setting is getting changed to "true" for "hide". So I have rewritten the patch. It now adds an option in the "Phone Preferences" to turn ON or OFF the "Hide Call Duration". Obviously, if its "ON", call duration will be hidden.

So you need to install the patch, open Phone Prefs, set to "OFF". Then you MUST restart Luna OR the phone for the setting to take effect. The setting will SAVE, but you have to restart for the com.palm.phone app to reload the setting into memory. Enjoy everyone!

Last edited by dBsooner; 02/28/2010 at 06:35 PM.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    [QUOTE=dBsooner;2264401]OK. After digging around, I figured out the code is there by default. However, for some reason the setting is getting changed to "true" to "hide". So I have rewritten the patch. It now adds an option in the "Phone Preferences" to turn ON or OFF the "Hide Call Duration". Obviously, if its "ON", call duration will be hidden.

So you need to install the patch, open Phone Prefs, set to "OFF". Then you MUST restart Luna OR the phone for the setting to take effect. The setting will SAVE, but you have to restart for the com.palm.phone app to reload the setting into memory. Enjoy everyone!

[IMG]

Who da man??? You da man! Hey thanks for this quick and very useful update. Working just fine here
    That's an awesome find! Thanks!

Installed it via Repos in WebOS QI. Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by Achill3s; 02/28/2010 at 05:27 AM.
    Nice patch, but I have a suggested tweak. Wouldn't it be more logical to name it something positive?

"Hide call duration = OFF" is the same as "Show call duration = ON"
    the same follows for
    "Hide call duration = ON" is the same as "Show call duration = OFF"

Just throwing that out there...
    OK. After digging around, I figured out the code is there by default. However, for some reason the setting is getting changed to "true" to "hide". So I have rewritten the patch. It now adds an option in the "Phone Preferences" to turn ON or OFF the "Hide Call Duration". Obviously, if its "ON", call duration will be hidden.

Nice... But it does not seem to work am GSM Pre... Or at least not on mine and usually it's the gsm that screws things up...
    The Preferences turned from this:

to this:
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    It doesn't seem to work for me. I successfully installed the updated "Call Duration in Call Log" patch and did a full phone restart. Still nothing showing up for me on Sprint Pre.
    Yeah, on my 1.4 O2 GSM Pre with english language it breaks the phone preferences app the exact same way silentguy stated. Even worse, when rebooting the phone instead of giving me the possibility to enter my PIN, it opens the phone preferences, so you have NO way to unlock the phone regarding SIM usage. After deinstalling the patch, all was OK again. Obviously, there must be some crucial difference between your US and our GSM phones. But i am sure that will be easy to figure out.

Keep up the good work.

Stefan
    Last edited by dl1ely; 02/28/2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: clarification, typo
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast