Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Since 1.4 my Camera no longer has the Shutter Sound button, or any shutter sound.

Before 1.4 I had the "Sound Toggle - Grey" patch installed, so I can only assume I had the sound "off" when I did the 1.4 update and it's picked up that setting.

I tried installing and then removing the "Simple Shutter Sound Off" patch, to see if that would "free it off", but no joy.

Hopefully you can port over the Sound Toggle patch, for me to try and recover the button

Really miss the patch for "Enter Key for New Line" in messaging too
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to install a new patch, it gives me an error saying I may need to run ipkg update. I get this after every OS update. What does this mean & how do I do it or get around it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I miss Landscape Email the most, followed by Email Delete from Notification.

Hope they get updated soon.
    Delete from Notification, where have you gone!? You made spam so much easier to deal with... Just yesterday you were a placeholder in the catalog, but now I see you nowhere. Please come back.
    Browser Multi-Mod has been submitted for 1.4 and should be up soon
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Everytime I try to install a new patch, it gives me an error saying I may need to run ipkg update. I get this after every OS update. What does this mean & how do I do it or get around it?
    Update your feeds. IPKG Update needs to rewrite the feed info file to point to the new WebOS version. So just update your feeds and it will be fixed.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post
    I posted in another thread, but wanted to let everyone here know what is going on with my phone...

1. Got a brand new Pre form Sprint with WEBOS 1.3.5.1 on it

2. Waited until 1.4.0 before I would do any patching

3. Installed 1.4.0 and before installing a single patch/tweak, noticed that call duration and message timestamp was fully functional on 1.4.0

I may be one of the lucky ones, but I have done nothing to my phone and these are in by defaullt

JB
    Again, my Call Duration patch adds the option to Enable and Disable the duration. It doesn't actually "enable" it. If you ever lose the ability to see them, my patch will give you the option in phone settings to turn it back on.

As for timestamps, There has always been somewhat of a timestamp in the messaging app. It just doesn't timestamp every message. That is what the patches are for.
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

remember to enable developer mode
    I can't wait for the messaging patch "enter for new line" to be available. I hit the enter key instead of delete way too often when messaging and this is a really useful patch. Thanks
    The official maintainer of the "Gesture+Click Browser Context Menu patch has been busy, so that patch is not yet ported to WebOS 1.4. As a result, someone else got anxious and posted their own update to the patch in the patch-specific forum.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2273985 [post #52 in that thread]

Can random updates like these get added into official channels (the feeds for Preware and WebOS QI)? Or will there be no "official" patch update until the "official maintainer" of the patch gives the ok?

Just curious how things work.
  10.    #70  
    1 New, 12 Ported, 1 Updated Patches:

New:
    App Launcher: 5x5 Icons v1

Ported:
    App Launcher: Named Pages in the Launcher
    App Launcher: Reset to First Page
    App Launcher: Reset to Middle Page
    App Launcher: Show FirstUse App
    Browser: Multi Mod
    Calendar: Wrap Location Field
    Messaging: Add Select All and New Message
    Mojo: Haptic Feedback Manager
    Phone: Call History During Call
    SprintNav: Black Background Dark Blue Font
    SprintNav: Black Background Grey Font
    Universal Search: Command Line

Updated:
    Phone: Call Duration in Call Log non-US Devices
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

anyone know if unthrottle download manager works yet
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Update your feeds. IPKG Update needs to rewrite the feed info file to point to the new WebOS version. So just update your feeds and it will be fixed.

I thought I updated the feeds. I guess I didn't. Thanks for the info. It looks like it works now.
    dbsooner: Thanks SO MUCH for App Launcher: Reset to Middle Page!
    ARRGHHH.... I waited until today to upgrade, because I thought things would go flawlessly.

I had about 65 patches or so on my Pre... and AUPT made it thru about 15 patches, until it got to Named Pages in Launcher. That one kept giving multiple lines of "hunk" errors.

I just won't be using that patch anymore, I think.
  15.    #75  
    2 New and 6 more ported:

App Launcher: Launcher Page Selection Tabs
    Browser: GestureClick Context Menu
    Email: Add Priority Discard Btns
    Messaging: Poor Mans Twitter Client
    Phone: Match State to Area Code
    Sounds and Alerts: Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 10 Percent (NEW)
    Sounds and Alerts: Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 20 Percent (NEW)
    Universal Search: USCL Memos Patch
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by smartinsen01 View Post
    anyone know if unthrottle download manager works yet
    You don't need it anymore. Downloads are blazing fast for me with 1.4.0 without the patch...

Stefan
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Updated:
    Somehow this one made little problems: Beforehand, i had only this one installed (without the base "Call Duration in Call Log"). Now it says it needs this one as a prerequisite, but it gets automatically installed via Preware. I just hit "update", and Preware told me there are dependant packages. I opted for installing them, too. But this gave me 6 chunks of patching errors. I tried installing "Call Duration in Call Log" manually, but again 6 chunks went wrong. Then i deinstalled "Call Duration in Call Log non-US Devices", and installed it again, and all went OK now (including the dependency with the base "Call Duration in Call Log"). Not a big glitch, but still strange.

Stefan
    The ported 'Hide App Vendors' hides the app vendors that I had previously told it to, but there's no way for me to edit the list. Is the patch just not fully enabled yet or..?
    Updated:
    is this still needed? you can see duration of a call in the call log by default. or summarizes this all call durations?
    Match State to Area Code won't update for me. Returns IPKG error "unreversed patch detected" and a hunk error. Tried several times; then tried to remove the patch and gets same error. ???
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast