Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The messaging notification patch was broken by 1.4 (all of mine actually, but I was able to reinstall most) and seemingly cannot be installed. Is this a fixable problem?

Thanks for your work!

EDIT: answered in the official Messaging Notification Repeat patch thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Oh no! I was afraid of that The Notification Repeat patches are the only patches I even install and care about.

Before I saw your message, I had just started the 1.4 update process and now can't stop it.

EDIT: The Repeat Phone Notification does work, although the Messaging Notification Repeat patch is just a placeholder (IE- it doesn't work yet)
    I have this fixed for the email notification. I suspect the same fix should work for this patch as well. Stay tuned a fix is coming.
    Last edited by Don'tPanic; 02/28/2010 at 07:42 AM.
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    I am getting the same message. I have working on this for a while now and I do believe I'm starting to go bald!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    It doesn't seem to work for me. I successfully installed the updated "Call Duration in Call Log" patch and did a full phone restart. Still nothing showing up for me on Sprint Pre.
    Did you make sure to toggle the button so that "Hide Call Duration" is set to "Off?"

Also, I noticed it does not retroactively add the call duration to previous calls, it only lists it for calls made after the setting is changed.

Glad to see call duration again!
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    OK. After digging around, I figured out the code is there by default. However, for some reason the setting is getting changed to "true" to "hide". So I have rewritten the patch. It now adds an option in the "Phone Preferences" to turn ON or OFF the "Hide Call Duration". Obviously, if its "ON", call duration will be hidden.

So you need to install the patch, open Phone Prefs, set to "OFF". Then you MUST restart Luna OR the phone for the setting to take effect. The setting will SAVE, but you have to restart for the com.palm.phone app to reload the setting into memory. Enjoy everyone!
    Thanks so much. Mine is working now after it working for only a few minutes yesterday.
    Bless you! I have my call duration back!! ::doing the happy dance::
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    DB, can you add to the First post that MultiMod currently Breaks Browser
    THX
    (BTW Thanks to all patchers, AUPT is awesome )
    Has anyone else noticed the incoming call info at the bottom middle of the screen is now blocked by the unlock slider so you cannot see it? Is there an option somewhere or patch to have the phone unlock on incoming calls like it used to? Thanks for all the work!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtorg View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the incoming call info at the bottom middle of the screen is now blocked by the unlock slider so you cannot see it? Is there an option somewhere or patch to have the phone unlock on incoming calls like it used to? Thanks for all the work!
    I'm pretty sure that's been there for quite awhile, definitely before 1.4.0 update. If you have the number in your address book it's not a problem but if you don't then it's blocked by the unlock slider.
    Thank you dBsooner! Super quick work on getting this patch out there! Works great for me!
    I can't get any of the battery percentage patches to work. I've EPR'd and still nothing. I even downloaded the .patch file and tried using WOSQI 3.02 and I get the same error message.

Error: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptfile.sh

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 of 1 hunk ignored --
  11. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

Also, I noticed it does not retroactively add the call duration to previous calls, it only lists it for calls made after the setting is changed.
    It actually retro adds the call duration for previous calls. I confirmed this by checking my call logs made with webOS 1.3.5.1 and all calls made with this version indeed have the call durations.
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    It actually retro adds the call duration for previous calls. I confirmed this by checking my call logs made with webOS 1.3.5.1 and all calls made with this version indeed have the call durations.
    Strange....I just checked again and none of mine have it except for the ones made after I installed the patch. Are you using Sprint?

Now I have read where people noticed sporadic behavior of the call duration listed, this was before the patch was released. Some swear they had it, rebooted and then found it missing.
  13. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Strange....I just checked again and none of mine have it except for the ones made after I installed the patch. Are you using Sprint?

Now I have read where people noticed sporadic behavior of the call duration listed, this was before the patch was released. Some swear they had it, rebooted and then found it missing.
    Yes, I am on Sprint although I haven't experienced the weird behavior of the call duration showing up one time and not showing up another time. For me, after updating to 1.4.0, call duration simply never showed up. I just installed the patch a while ago and all is fine.
    Glad to see the call duration patch working again!

I believe that there is an error in dBsooner's patch database. PDF Redux is not currently compatible with 1.4 from my experience. I cannot get it to install through Preware or WOSQI. It is not able to process any of the 16 hunks. This is strange that the patch does not work because I did not think that there were any changes in the PDF viewer from the changelog.

EDIT: The patch still fails installing 5 out of 16 hunks, but I had an error on my end when I wrote the above message. It seems that installing a previous PDF landscape patch before 1.3.5 extracted the PDF Viewer in /var/usr/palm/applications and created a symbolic link to /usr/palm/applications. That link was probably broken in the 1.3.5 update. When I attempted to install PDF Redux it could not find any files in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer. I copied the files from WebOS Doctor for the PDF Viewer to the right directory and attempted to install PDF Redux again. The script failed to install 5 of the 16 hunks now. I still contend that this patch is not compatible with 1.4.
    Last edited by milliman; 02/28/2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Same here....

UPDATE: Nevermind, I should have restarted after changing the preference. Now it's all good again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    It doesn't seem to work for me. I successfully installed the updated "Call Duration in Call Log" patch and did a full phone restart. Still nothing showing up for me on Sprint Pre.
    Last edited by imgeorgelin; 02/28/2010 at 03:49 PM.
    Hi guys. where do I go to get the new patches? All I know is the latest version of webos quick install 3.02. And most of the patches are saying "not available with 1.4."
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLearner28 View Post
    Hi guys. where do I go to get the new patches? All I know is the latest version of webos quick install 3.02. And most of the patches are saying "not available with 1.4."
    Any patches in particular? Not all patches have been updated for 1.4.0 yet.
    Thanks for the response Trekker. Well I guess im looking for time stamps for messaging.. and flash for video recording. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLearner28 View Post
    Thanks for the response Trekker. Well I guess im looking for time stamps for messaging.. and flash for video recording. Thanks
    I believe Jason has a patch for the video recording flash available already, don't think it's in Preware yet but you can get it via WebOS Quick Install. Here is the thread for it.

Not sure about the time stamps for messaging.

Edit: I see 2 patches available in Preware, one is called "Timestamps clean" and the other is called "Timestamps fancy." They don't appear to be place holders, they look like actual patches. I don't use them so I can't confirm if they work or not.
    Last edited by Trekker; 02/28/2010 at 06:26 PM.
    Ok thanks! I just added the time stamps.. working on the flash for video now.. Much appreciated! thanks so much
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast