Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those who have tried the new video camera have no doubt noticed a distinct lack of flashlight control.

And those who use my LED Torch app and/or my flashlight patches have noticed that opening the Camera app resets the flashlight to off.

So the only really solution is a Camera patch. And here it is! This patch will turn the flash control button into a flashlight control toggle in video recording mode.

I've had this on my device for a while now and I gotta say, it's surprising how much greater quality the flashlight gives video recordings.

Oh, and don't forget, SysToolsMgr service is required for this patch to work correctly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/06/2010 at 04:11 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    is this available via PreWare?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Not yet, but will eventually be. If I had to guess, I'd say Egaudet is pretty bogged down by all the things happening lately so I don't want to pressure him with more.

Besides, as I've said countless times before WebOS Quick Install works fine and runs on the very same AUPT patch standard as Preware so the patches are interchangeable within the 2 apps

More info: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post

not yet, it probably will be later, just use webOS quick install
    I'll be away from my computer for a while. I'll wait for preware...
    Freakin Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    that was the first thing i tried this morning! thanks so much for this...needs to be built in to the video recording app if you ask me.
    treo 650 (dad still uses today!) --> treo 700p --> treo 800w --> htc touchPro2 (HATED IT...30 day return) --> pre!
    I can't belive how fast you got this done. Man it is prefect. Donations comin big time for this one. Great work.
    I'm confused. I installed this patch via QuickInstall, and ran the camera app. I turn on video mode and see no option to toggle the flash. I went back to camera mode and played with the normal flash button and it looks the same and reacts the same. Am I missing something? Says it's installed.
    Jason, thanks. It's Christmas in February. 1.4 video just in time for my Daddy Daughter dance tonight. I was worried that it would be too dark at the dance now you just made my week. Do you know if it will also work on a Pixi?
    Last edited by craftsman; 02/27/2010 at 12:36 PM.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    I'm confused. I installed this patch via QuickInstall, and ran the camera app. I turn on video mode and see no option to toggle the flash. I went back to camera mode and played with the normal flash button and it looks the same and reacts the same. Am I missing something? Says it's installed.
    I had to reboot the phone and then it shows up as the regular flash on/off button from the camera but now its on the recorder. just push to turn it on and off.
  12.    #12  
    Just a heads-up, WebOS-Internals servers are getting HAMMERED right now, lol.

When a .patch gets installed, the postinst and prerm scripts get downloaded from the WebOS-Internals server (so that people stay on the most current version of AUPT).

One problem: now that their server is being hammered by people updating all their patches via AUPT, things are going extremely slow. You can see the effect by opening Preware and waiting how slow the feeds are updated.

Too many people connecting to their servers at once. This can cause server timeouts when WebOS Quick Install tries to download the postinst/prerm scripts.

And since the postinst script handles applying the patch, the end result is an installed patch that isn't actually applied.

If this is what you're seeing, just uninstall the patch and try again. Eventually the scripts will download successfully and the patch will get applied.

Poor WebOS-Internals servers are taking a beating today.

don't forget to install the systoolsmgr or it won't work.
    Time to Donate again so next update this period is shorter!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Jason, thanks. It's Christmas in February. 1.4 video just in time for my Daddy Daughter dance tonight. I was worried that it would be too dark at the dance now you just made my week. Do you know if it will also work on a Pixi?
    Won't work on a Pixi unfortunately. Pixi uses a different LED system than the Pre and no one's really been able to identify it. Pre and Pre Plus for now.

If someone does know how to programmably control the Pixi/Pixi Plus' flash LED, I'll add it to SysToolsMgr asap

I, also, am confused. How do you activate the light in video recording mode? I reset the phone to make sure the program was installed. I also have the Flashlight app from you, which currently works perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    I have a Pre (sprint)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I, also, am confused. How do you activate the light in video recording mode? I reset the phone to make sure the program was installed. I also have the Flashlight app from you, which currently works perfectly
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    If it installed, it will be a flash icon in video recording mode.

Be sure to read my post above that explains how it might not install properly right now as WebOS-Internals' servers are very busy at the moment

Jason, Thank you! As usual ROCKSTAR!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I know I can click the "Thanks" button but I figured I would thank you in an actual post. Thank you Jason
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast