Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I downlaoded the patch successfully, but when I use the video, the light still doesnt come on.
    I even made sure the flash icon was correct.
    In camera mode the flash comes on.
    but in vodeo mode, there's still no light

any suggestions

***EDIT***

How do you install SysToolsMgr ser
    ^^^Disregard.

I figured it out.
    Works wonderfully
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    ^^^Disregard.

I figured it out.
    Works wonderfully
    Could you please tell me how you got it to work because is not working for my I have the same proble that you have.

Thanks
    yeah so I tried installing/uninstalling: 1) systoolmng 2) flash video patch 3) flash device menu patch..... About 12 times each (in different orders) and still i have no luck. I can't even see the button when I am in video mode (ever). The flashlight program still works perfectly in the device menu and I have the newest version of webosqi. I don't really need trouble shooting since I have already lost interest. Just thought I'd post this so others wouldn't think they were alone.

Update: I also tried removing led torch and systoolmnger then reinstalling them vie preware (instead of WEBOSQI) and the video camera still dosen't even show a button for LED/Flash. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I tried ever single suggestion on the thread and I still can't even get the button to appear(let alone get it to work). I am thankful that the LED torch program STILL works. I was afraid I was gonna mess that part up.
    Last edited by aairman23; 03/10/2010 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gonzalu View Post
    Could you please tell me how you got it to work because is not working for my I have the same proble that you have.

Thanks
    Well, simply put this is what I did

assuming you know how to turn the developer mode on (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
    your phone will restart

after that, open webos quick instal.
    connect your phone to your pc
    on your phone click CHARGE ONLY

Click here to install system tool manager

save to your pc, then drag it from your pc to webos quick install....click instal

then click here for the video patch

save it to your PC, then drag it from your pc to webos quick instal.....click instal

After the instal is complete detach your phone from the pc, go to the camera patch. click video...then you should see the icon for the flash indicator. it will probably appear as a lightning bolt with a line thru it. that means the flash is off.
    If you tap that icon it should change to a lightning bold only, and you should see a bright azz light...the flash is on

If all goes well, dont forget to go back to the developer mode and turn it off
    your phone will restart again

Good Luck
  6.    #126  
    .patch installations will fail until the webos-internals server scheduled maintenance is finished. Try the Preware package if you don't wanna wait
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    .patch installations will fail until the webos-internals server scheduled maintenance is finished. Try the Preware package if you don't wanna wait

Is that something recent, or some type of maintaince they do daily>

I've never had a problem when installing patches.
  8.    #128  

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

^^^Oh
    ok
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Hey Jason, great patch. I just have a quick question, is there any way to somehow increase the intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    by default it's 100mAh. You could alter the patch to set it to 150mAh or 200mAh. However 200mAh is a bit too much to safely use consistantly and 150mAh and 200mAh is too overly brighter.
    Do you know how can I alter/adjust the light intensity?
    Maybe up to 150mah should sufice
    120 if at all possible..
    I never checked preware, because one of the first couple of posts in this thread said that it wasn't listed in preware yet. So I wasted 2 hrs trying to do it in QI. Now I have it working perfectly..Thanks for the info Jason.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thank you, Jason!

As soon as I downloaded 1.4, I tried to have your torch app on with the video camera.

When it didn't work, I automatically thought that you were at work on a patch!

Thanks!
    installed this via preware

install system tools manager then luna restart

then install the video torch light patch...

reset! all set

at first I did a luna reset, I saw the icon but the light didn't turn on, had to do a reset (solid + sym + R) and it worked!

thanks jason!
    question...has anyone noticed their proximity sensor acting weird since installing this hack? I am "cheek dialing" ever since applying this patch successfully.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I had this patch once installed before webos 1.4 and went to use it and it wasnt working so I uninstalled it and am trying to reinstall it but am getting errors. can someone please help me

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details

the above is the webos quick install error i get. I aslo get an error tryin to install via preware. HELP please. Thanks in advance. (i've already installed SysToolsMgr)
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I've got all the patches working except Video Camera Flashlight.

It shows as V 1.4.0-1. Other patches show 1.4.1-1.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I've downloaded this patch several times through Preware and the icon is there when I go to video record however the light does not come on. What should I do? Please help!
  18. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willielewis2 View Post
    What should I do? Please help!
    I'm just guessing, but maybe you should wait until an update 1.4.1.1. patch is made available?

xtn
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I've got all the patches working except Video Camera Flashlight.

It shows as V 1.4.0-1. Other patches show 1.4.1-1.
    well, it does work with 1.4.1/1.4.1.1. I have it working fine on my device

Quote Originally Posted by willielewis2 View Post
    I've downloaded this patch several times through Preware and the icon is there when I go to video record however the light does not come on. What should I do? Please help!
    If the icon doesn't show up, that means the patch didn't install correctly, or that you only installed a dummy package. If the icon is there but it doesn't light up, then you're missing SysToolsMgr

I have systoolsmgr service and still a no go. @xtn i had this problem b4 the update, thank you! so i'm still confused!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast