Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    when i try to install "video-camera-flashlight" with WebOSQI it tells me that tweaking requires GNU patch and Diffstat installed to function, and i have both installed. any ideas?
    You have an outdated WOSQI. v3.01+ is required

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    curious if they contact you about adding your changes and patches to native webOS? Either way, Thank You! Sorli...
    The only person at Palm I've been able to keep in contact with is Chuq. However I've never recieved any conversation from Palm and/or Chuq regarding my patches
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The only person at Palm I've been able to keep in contact with is Chuq. However I've never recieved any conversation from Palm and/or Chuq regarding my patches
    Well there should definitely be some kind of user input into the OS! I'm sure that palm has people that view these boards and the various patches...It's pretty clear that they at least listen to what we say, but if they'd let us help 'more directly' (i.e. use patches created by the users) i think it would benefit everyone - and possibly enable updates to webOS to bring even greater advantages.
    Just wanted to express my thanks to OP... I was able to get this working and was able to show my wife just how loud she snores...
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you know this patch is the new hotness!
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Jason,

I have installed SystoolsMgr, and LED torch as well as this patch. The led torch works fine but nothing shows up in the video side of the camera app. Photo flash LED works fine.

Any sugggestions. Have removed and re-installed, rebooted, rescanned Luna, etc.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    awesome works like a charm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not yet, but will eventually be. If I had to guess, I'd say Egaudet is pretty bogged down by all the things happening lately so I don't want to pressure him with more.

Besides, as I've said countless times before WebOS Quick Install works fine and runs on the very same AUPT patch standard as Preware so the patches are interchangeable within the 2 apps

More info: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    Jason, while on this topic, I have had little luck with installing a patch through WebOS Quick Install and then uninstalling it through Preware. That is the main reason I am always reluctant to install patches without Preware. I just don't want to be on the road without a computer and not able to uninstall a patch file. It is supposed to work thought, right?

I can help test if you need me to with this patch. We can either continue in this thread or if you want to PM me I am up for that too. Let me know what you need me to do and thanks for the continued great work.
    ^FYI, I've done it several times today. Installed via wosqi due to early availability of patches in the patch thread and Preware sees them and uninstalls them just fine. Had to uninstall some patches before installing the same patch submitted to Preware later. So, they are interchangeable.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I had issues getting this to work at first but after I reinstalled the SYStools manager - it now works like a charm! Probably my favorite new patch by a long shot. Nice work!
    This patch is pure win. Works like a charm. Thanks Jason.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    this is in preware now
    and works like a charm...well done !
    I saw it in preware. do we need to install the version in preware as well? Or would it screw it up?
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I saw it in preware. do we need to install the version in preware as well? Or would it screw it up?
    either works, they're the same.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Did you know your LED Torch app works with the camcorder only when strobe is enabled?
    I had a error on the device menu remix patch and i just uninstall and reinstall systoolmgr and it works fine now. Thanks for the patch jason, it's a very niceaddition to the camera, also if some dont know the patch is in preware now. I know i might be couple of days late but it's for people that don't yet. thanks...
    Thanks Jason for another great patch that Palm just seems to miss!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Jason,

I have installed SystoolsMgr, and LED torch as well as this patch. The led torch works fine but nothing shows up in the video side of the camera app. Photo flash LED works fine.

Any sugggestions. Have removed and re-installed, rebooted, rescanned Luna, etc.
    Uninstalled patch, and reapplied, now everything is working right!! Jason you are awesome!!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Hey Jason, great patch. I just have a quick question, is there any way to somehow increase the intensity.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Hey Jason, great patch. I just have a quick question, is there any way to somehow increase the intensity.
    by default it's 100mAh. You could alter the patch to set it to 150mAh or 200mAh. However 200mAh is a bit too much to safely use consistantly and 150mAh and 200mAh is too overly brighter.

works 100%, i used WOQI3.02...nice one man