Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Schweet, Jason. You are the best!
    Hmmmmm. WOSQI says both SysToolsMgrService and the Video Camera Flash patch are installed but when I go to shoot video I don't see the flash icon. Tried re-installing Flashlight patch but still nothing. Anyone else able to solve this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harrington View Post
    Hmmmmm. WOSQI says both SysToolsMgrService and the Video Camera Flash patch are installed but when I go to shoot video I don't see the flash icon. Tried re-installing Flashlight patch but still nothing. Anyone else able to solve this issue?
    +1
    I have also tried re-installing SysToolsMgrService but still no icon.
    Even though I had the SysToolsMgrService installed on my phone, I had to re-install it to get the flash to work. Just an FYI for anyone that may have been struggling to get the patch to work like myself. And thanks to everyone for their diligence and hard work making this the best phone possible!
    i feel like i've tried everything. I just doctored my pre, installed systoolsmgr service and this patch and its still a no go. maybe it just wasn't meant to be

update: i'm gettin really frustrated. flashlight in the device menu isn't working for me either. And i i know i have systoolsmgr installed 1) because i just checked and 2) because preware installed it with flashlight in the device menu

update2: at last i finally got it working. I uninstalled systoolsmgr, flashlite in device menu, and video camera flashlight via preware. then luna restart. I then reinstalled systoolsmgr and flashlite in device menu via preware. luna restart again. then via WebOSQI i installed the video camera flashlite patch

i'm not sure but i think systoolsmgr doesn't install properly throught WebOSQI
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 02/28/2010 at 08:00 PM.
    Installed and working brilliantly! Thanks again for all your work, Jason.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    led torch was working then it stopped. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still didn't work. I then uninstalled it and sym manager. Then reinstalled and now the led torch and video camera light works.

Thanks a lot Jason... I will send ya some $ soon.
    Mhunterjr,

Been trying to get this working all day! I then tried your solution and presto!! I now have a video flash

Thank you.

Jason, you da man!
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i'm not sure but i think systoolsmgr doesn't install properly throught WebOSQI
    It does. A system update can modify services. So uninstalling them then reinstalling them is needed.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I installed it and now my camera goes to a big white screen and no way around it.. I uninstalled the patch and still same thing.. I don't wanna have to doctor it but it seems like that is going to be the only solution.. any ideas?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Check out a video I made using my Palm Pre with webOS 1.4
    Im using the "Video Camera Flashlight" Patch thanks to Jason Robitaille

Check it out

Please comment the video on YouTube and Rate! Thanks!
    when i try to install "video-camera-flashlight" with WebOSQI it tells me that tweaking requires GNU patch and Diffstat installed to function, and i have both installed. any ideas?
    Thanks a lot to you Jason & the other Devs! Palm needs to send you guys free phones to work on...!!!
    That was one of the first thing I tried doing when I was using the video app, then realized that turning my flash wouldn't work!! You did this pretty fast.. Thanks!!!
    Just got this bad boy up and running, and Jason you sir are the man
    This looks amazing!!! My one question with this and the 'flashlight' patch is what is the affect on the light bulb / LED? Is there a risk that this could burn out and become totally useless? Sorry if this is a really dumb question - just don't want to risk never having flash again!
    Wow...what a significant difference. Actually, I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed the camera responding quicker with the flash on compared to when it was off. Without the Flash, the video has problems making adjustments between light and dark areas on the recording and shows those problems in the final output.

Palm should have this native and curious if they contact you about adding your changes and patches to native webOS? Either way, Thank You! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I installed it and now my camera goes to a big white screen and no way around it.. I uninstalled the patch and still same thing.. I don't wanna have to doctor it but it seems like that is going to be the only solution.. any ideas?
    this happened to me for a while, before i did any patching. i restarted a few times and it went back to normal
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    very nicely done, lets hope that palm incorporates this as an option at least!