Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    AMAZING!!! I tried to get your LED touch to work, like you stated and it would switch off upon opening the cam app. But, I guess you already thought about that! Then I found this tread.......... Great work Jason!!!!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Wonderful patch!! Palm should have included this with video from the start.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    To the last two posters - When did you guys download and install? Just now? I might try again.

You just open Quick Install, press the + button, select the file from the front page here (that I downloaded), and that's it (with the Pre connected and in DEV mode, of course)?

The first time, I got the flash button, but it wouldn't work. The next two times, I got no button.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    To the last two posters - When did you guys download and install? Just now? I might try again.

You just open Quick Install, press the + button, select the file from the front page here (that I downloaded), and that's it (with the Pre connected and in DEV mode, of course)?

The first time, I got the flash button, but it wouldn't work. The next two times, I got no button.
    If the button is there, the patch was applied. If the button does nothing, you are missing SysToolsMgr or need to reinstall SysToolsMgr
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Oh ok. The last two times I tried, there was no button, though. Where do I get SysToolsMgr?

Thank you so much!
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Oh ok. The last two times I tried, there was no button, though. Where do I get SysToolsMgr?

Thank you so much!
    preware or the ipk at the SysToolsMgr link in the first post
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm checking to see if I have it already through Preware. If not, I'll add it, then try to download again.

Hopefully most people are asleep now. Haha.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm looking at the Preware on my phone now. I have under Linux: GNU Patch and Lsdiff. Under Packages, I have: Package Manager Service.
    Any of these the same thing?

Looking for SysToolsMgr now.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Found it! And your name is there, too. Haha. I had to look under the "list of everything".
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    OMG it works! This whole damn time. Haha! Thank you so much!!!
    great job! thx really, this is really useful!
    what could be the problem if there is no button? i tried installing once through webosqi now i just removed and am trying again. i do hav the the systoolsmgr i checked

nvm went back and looked around the thread more im going to keep trying to uninstall/instal til it works
    Last edited by ryan9102; 02/28/2010 at 05:10 AM.
    Thanks Jason! Donation sent WebOS wouldn't be half of what it is today without you guys and all your hard work!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thank you very much Jason!!!! I was loving my pre after the update. I used the video and the first thing I thought was "I can't believe it has no flash". I knew it would come, but WOW!!! I would have never thought it would be so fast. You are the MAN!!!

I am so loving my PRE!!!
    Dude, works great. Thanks!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Won't work on a Pixi unfortunately. Pixi uses a different LED system than the Pre and no one's really been able to identify it. Pre and Pre Plus for now.

If someone does know how to programmably control the Pixi/Pixi Plus' flash LED, I'll add it to SysToolsMgr asap
    I know somene out there can accomplish this
    i have systoolsmgr installed along with this patch and the icon flash icon isn't showing up. I'm going to reinstall systoolsmgr. does the order in which i install these two matter?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    You are the man Jason. Palm needs to hire you to work for them. Why they did not include this patch with the recorder is beyond me. Thanks again Jason for all your hard work.
    Thanks Jason....this patch works great, and like others have said, this should have been included in the 1.4 update.
    thanks works like a charm