Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    After 3 attempts to download, it works perfectly. Love your Flashlight app, too. I made a donation... to keep the ball rollin ;-)
    Slightly off topic (and not wanting to hijack a topic)... any word if Landscape Email patch will be in the works by you, or anyone else, for 1.4? I REALLY miss that.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I actually downloaded and installed it with the WebOSQuick Install and I have the icon, but nothing happens when I turn on the flash or when recording, I can turn it on and off, but my flash never comes on.
    every time i try to get SysToolsMgr service with WebOS Quick Install i keep gettin a error: jav.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect, wat should I do
    sweet thanx
    Hell yea it really works, I'm finally have my dream phone its still little things but, its coming along thats JASON!!!

Oh anyone kno how to keep music playing when your video recording.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Slightly off topic (and not wanting to hijack a topic)... any word if Landscape Email patch will be in the works by you, or anyone else, for 1.4? I REALLY miss that.
    well, I'm not updating that one. I'm not a fan of that patch and have enough on my programming plate as is

Quote Originally Posted by mikekey View Post
    I actually downloaded and installed it with the WebOSQuick Install and I have the icon, but nothing happens when I turn on the flash or when recording, I can turn it on and off, but my flash never comes on.
    Sounds like ya didn't install SysToolsMgr service

Quote Originally Posted by mjones1821 View Post
    every time i try to get SysToolsMgr service with WebOS Quick Install i keep gettin a error: jav.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect, wat should I do
    WebOS-Internals' servers are being hammered by too many connections at once. This is causing connection issues all over. This is one such example. Retry over and over and eventually it should work. Alternatively, just wait a day or two when the bandwidth usage slows down a bit.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sounds like ya didn't install SysToolsMgr service
    I had totally over looked that.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Those who have tried the new video camera have no doubt noticed a distinct lack of flashlight control.

And those who use my LED Torch app and/or my flashlight patches have noticed that opening the Camera app resets the flashlight to off.

So the only really solution is a Camera patch. And here it is! This patch will turn the flash control button into a flashlight control toggle in video recording mode.

I've had this on my device for a while now and I gotta say, it's surprising how much greater quality the flashlight gives video recordings. Is there a reason my video didn't upload?

Oh, and don't forget, SysToolsMgr service is required for this patch to work correctly
    Works fairly well in complete darkness.... And I'm not sure if this has been covered, but I couldn't figure out where the video's I was making were being stored... DCIM folder, with the pictures... go figure....
    Last edited by SHO_ONE; 02/27/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: included a video... didn't upload...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Man, I just installed it. Beautiful. Can't thank you and all the other patch developers out there enough. The Pre wouldn't be half as good without you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekey View Post
    I had totally over looked that.
    i had tool manager installed (b/c led torch was already installed and working on my phone), but, even though the flash icon was present in the video recorder, it didn't work. i re-dl'd the tool manager, and now it works.

that may be the solution to some's problems.
    wow,when I started using video,,was wondering why flash light was not involved.i was a bit bummed because it would have been no better then my centro. Thank you for this patch. It works great and makes this a legit video recording device,,,u the man.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have the patch and systoolmgr instaled, I used wosqi to verify installed...still will not activate flash for video recording..please help.
    this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!
    You amaze me, I know this is kind of inappropriate for a straight guy to do to another straight guy ( or so I am guessing). But will you marry me and have my babies? Less than 24 hours after the release of 1.4 and even less time before people started asking about it in the forums.

Thank you so much
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1975 View Post
    I have the patch and systoolmgr instaled, I used wosqi to verify installed...still will not activate flash for video recording..please help.
    I'm guessing it appears installed, but the patch doesn't look like it's even applied? If so, probably a bad install. For more info: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2261826
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    thank you Jason
    this was the one thing that was missing from this update

Also the LEDtorch still works it just has to be on strobe
    EDIT it looks like this patch fixes that
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Yeah, I am trying this again...Video patch actually loaded itself twice per wosqi, deleted sytoolsmgr and video patches, starting over to see if it works this time...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    BINGO! It's working now! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
    I can tell you this Jason. If it wasn't for you, I would have thrown out my pre a long time ago. Dude you rock!!!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast