Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes, yes, I know it's generally best to have 1 patch per release thread, but in this case, these 3 patches are nearly identical.

Basically, webOS 1.4 changed the way the camera works. The old photo naming patches no longer work. Now, filenaming and album creating is done via the camera linux daemon, which is not patchable.

However, Palm does allow developers to specify filenames, and using that, I was able to set a custom filename format for photos.

So these are the 3 patches and their filename formats:
    1. improved-cimg-photo-naming.patch = CIMG_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.jpg
    2. improved-pre-photo-naming.patch = PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.jpg
    3. improved-pixi-photo-naming.patch = PIXI_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.jpg

All images will be saved to the /DCIM/100PALM/ folder

Keep in mind, I was unable to set a custom name for videos, which will remain in their usual CIMGxxxxx.mp4 format (which is why I personally prefer the 1st of the 3 patches).

Oh, and obviously, only install one of these patches, heh.

EDIT: Files removed; updated versions below
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/27/2010 at 01:01 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Hi Jason,
    Iīm seeing disappearing videos from the video app, after shooting some random videos my older clips have been overwritten apparently. Do you think your name patch will fix this problem? Canīt seem to find other people having this strange issue.

Edit, my bad, I read again, seeing this concerns photos only. Maybe any other idea what causes this strange behaviour?
    so the older patch thats is in preware is pretty much useless?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    Hi Jason,
    Iīm seeing disappearing videos from the video app, after shooting some random videos my older clips have been overwritten apparently. Do you think your name patch will fix this problem? Canīt seem to find other people having this strange issue.

Edit, my bad, I read again, seeing this concerns photos only. Maybe any other idea what causes this strange behaviour?
    honestly, no idea what might be causing that.

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so the older patch thats is in preware is pretty much useless?
    Yea, I believe it was removed from Preware

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

6.    #6  
    So I've found an issue in the above patches.

Attached is the fixed versions
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

so this should work even though webOS internals is getting hammered?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Yea, I believe it was removed from Preware
    AUPT Place-holder inserted until new version is available, so I'll remove it now from my Pre.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so this should work even though webOS internals is getting hammered?
    if WOSQI is unable to download the postinst/prerm scripts, then the patch can't be applied. It'll create the package on the device which can be uninstalled.

Thanks for the update.

I'll be holding off on installing until Preware has these, but I'm certainly looking forward to it!
    Great to see this one back. Installed without issue.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz

how come when I tried the fixed versions on my phone it said file not supported.? :/
    how am I suppose to know it's working or it downloaded?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mz_real View Post
    how come when I tried the fixed versions on my phone it said file not supported.? :/
    how am I suppose to know it's working or it downloaded?
    you install the .patch on your computer via WOSQIm not on your Pre
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html

Hey Jason, is there an easy way to have the original implementation where the file numbering stayed the simple 0001, 0002, etc, but the prefix is changed? I tried using some of the original camera-control.jsjsjs $code$ $in$ $the$ $new$ $location$ $where$ $you$ $defined$ $your$ $code$, $basically$ $I$ $put$ $this$ $in$ $instead$ $of$ $all$ $your$ $date$ $calculations$:
    var imgNum = this.prefs[CameraControl.PREFS.COUNT];

var imgNumStr = "000"+imgNum;

imgNumStr = imgNumStr.substring(imgNumStr.length-4);
    cam.imageDestination = "/media/internal/DCIM/100PALM/" +
    "PRE" + imgNumStr + ".jpg";
    but it appears that the count preference is no longer defined, I guess since the camera daemon is now handling things. So is there anyway to just change the prefix but keep the number, I'm not a fan of the time stamp file names.

Thanks
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by keppy View Post
    Hey Jason, is there an easy way to have the original implementation where the file numbering stayed the simple 0001, 0002, etc, but the prefix is changed? I tried using some of the original camera-control.jsjsjs $code$ $in$ $the$ $new$ $location$ $where$ $you$ $defined$ $your$ $code$, $basically$ $I$ $put$ $this$ $in$ $instead$ $of$ $all$ $your$ $date$ $calculations$:
    var imgNum = this.prefs[CameraControl.PREFS.COUNT];

var imgNumStr = "000"+imgNum;

imgNumStr = imgNumStr.substring(imgNumStr.length-4);
    cam.imageDestination = "/media/internal/DCIM/100PALM/" +
    "PRE" + imgNumStr + ".jpg";
    but it appears that the count preference is no longer defined, I guess since the camera daemon is now handling things. So is there anyway to just change the prefix but keep the number, I'm not a fan of the time stamp file names.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, not as far as I know. The Prefix in the json doesn't even do anything anymore either

The "cimg" version of the patch doesn't work for me. I have a Verizon Pre Plus w/ 1.4.
    Anyone else got it working on a Vz PPP?
    Using WOSQI, I verified that the edits in this patch were not applied. I copied the file onto my PC, edited the file to include the lines from the patch, and then copied it back to the Pre. Now I get the improved file names.
    Any idea on why the patch wouldn't be applied? I didn't get any error message.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    Using WOSQI, I verified that the edits in this patch were not applied. I copied the file onto my PC, edited the file to include the lines from the patch, and then copied it back to the Pre. Now I get the improved file names.
    Any idea on why the patch wouldn't be applied? I didn't get any error message.
    do you not have an active internet connection? The postinst/prerm scripts get downloaded directly from webos-internals' git and are what apply the patch. If they failed to download, then the patch would've installed, but not been applied.

I'll have to give it a try when I get home. At work, coverage is spotty, so that may be the issue.
    Thanks!
    do you not have an active internet connection? The postinst/prerm scripts get downloaded directly from webos-internals' git and are what apply the patch. If they failed to download, then the patch would've installed, but not been applied.
    After thinking about this some more, did you mean: active internet connection from my windows PC, not from the Pre?
    The answer is yes, my PC has an internet connection. I didn't have a chance to try the patch from home last night. Hopefully, tonight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast