Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Anybody know how I can save a patch file from my phone so I can edit it..
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Anybody know how I can save a patch file from my phone so I can edit it..
    Your best bet is to go to:

modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

You can find whatever source you will need...Also, it would be best to extract the unmodified files from WebOS Doctor, so you can create fresh patch files based on your needs using Jason's Unified Diff Creator...It's often times problematic to try to modify existing patch files unless you're not actually changing line counts.

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    BTW...call duration patch is now available for 1.4
    I installed it. No errors. Still no call duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    I installed it. No errors. Still no call duration.
    Did you go to phone prefs and set the hide option to off? His instructions were to do that before restarting luna, but it will probably work afterward as well.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ChemEngr, my prior phone (for nearly all of 2009) was a Windows Mobile Treo 800, also on Sprint. It most definitely had call durations in the call log. I used it constantly. My phone prior to that was a Treo 700w on Verizon, and before that several other WinMo phones on Verizon. All have had call durations.

tags, I see you responded to my posting over on the official forum as well (thanks!). I was not aware of the reporting feature, and that is good to know. However, the call log (should) provide simple and immediate feedback on the activity of the day. Having to log in to a website to get a simple list of call durations is a bit of a pain. My customers don't generally require proof; just accurate and trustworthy billing. But that is an excellent option in case of any dispute.

In the end, this feature really needs to be on the phone... without it I believe it is pretty much unsuitable for use by people who bill their time. I'm just not sure yet if my argument is with Sprint or with Palm... I'm guessing Sprint since duration has been on the Pixi since launch at Verizon and a major update has been released without it at Sprint. But who knows, maybe it's just an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Your best bet is to go to:

[url= in WebOS Internals - Gitorious[/url]

You can find whatever source you will need...Also, it would be best to extract the unmodified files from WebOS Doctor, so you can create fresh patch files based on your needs using Jason's Unified Diff Creator...It's often times problematic to try to modify existing patch files unless you're not actually changing line counts.

I looked and couldn't find the updated file for 1.4. Basically I got a .patch file (Browser Mega Mix) that I edited for my liking with 1.3.5 and it worked on my phone. But when I try to install the same file it doesn't work now with 1.4. But when I install it from preware it work and I want to look the code and see what changed
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I looked and couldn't find the updated file for 1.4. Basically I got a .patch file (Browser Mega Mix) that I edited for my liking with 1.3.5 and it worked on my phone. But when I try to install the same file it doesn't work now with 1.4. But when I install it from preware it work and I want to look the code and see what changed
    These are the browser patches for 1.4.0.
    Tree for modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious
    How come the version of Mega Mix still say 1.3.5-1 but on preware it says 1.4.0-4 ? That's what's confusing me
    My guess is that if a patch installs okay on 1.4.0, they add it to the new feed without modifying it.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Yes. 1.4 does not give you this ability. You cannot give an individual contact his own SMS tone without this patch.
    Ahh OK... I never used that feature before. I only used it for the ability to change system sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by poddie View Post
    ChemEngr, my prior phone (for nearly all of 2009) was a Windows Mobile Treo 800, also on Sprint. It most definitely had call durations in the call log. I used it constantly. My phone prior to that was a Treo 700w on Verizon, and before that several other WinMo phones on Verizon. All have had call durations..
    My bad. Should have qualified my previous post by saying "All Palmos Treos." Thanks for the info!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poddie View Post
    So is there anyone seeing call duration on Sprint that HASN'T messed with patches before? Sounds like everyone commenting that they have seen it on their phone had at one point installed the patch.

I have never patched my phone and have never had call duration. It's crazy that this would need a patch just to get functioanlity that has been built into phones forever... and even crazier if it is Sprint themselves who are disabling this feature by request. If that turns out to be the case my business will move to Verizon.
    Sprint Pre here....have the duration by default.

I got a brand new Pre from Sprint the day before the update and I was going to wait until the roll-out before patching anything.

Before I even installed Preware, I had CALL DURATION & TEXT MESSAGE TIME STAMP with the 1.4 update.

The strange thing is that when I installed the DROID theme, the duration went away...uninstalled the theme and it came back.

Could be something with the theme you installed that is hiding this new feature. But for sure, a 1.4 update on a brand new phone had this unlocked automatically.

JB
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234