Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I am sick and tired of not having call duration!!! People, it's not that we're trying to add up minutes to see if we're over or something.

Some of us bill clients by the hour and not having call durations is a MAJOR deal! It means if I forget to log exactly when I hang up I cannot bill acurately.

I have a Pixi and cannot believe they have crippled this. My friend just got a Pixi from Verizon and he has the durations on his phone out of the box.

What do I need to do to get Sprin to rectify this?

ARG... I was sure this would be in the 1.4 patch and I just downloaded it and now I have all sorts of other crap in there but it is still missing the MOST important piece of information!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    BTW, pretty sure that pic is from a Verizon phone. Otherwise why black out the Sprint logo at the upper-left?
    Quote Originally Posted by coreytang1 View Post
    the virtual keyboard dont work
    Yea, I wondered when they will update that?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poddie View Post
    BTW, pretty sure that pic is from a Verizon phone. Otherwise why black out the Sprint logo at the upper-left?
    If you look closely, the phone is in 'roaming' and after 1.4 update the carrier logo is not displayed when the phone is in roaming.

The only thing I did differently was to remove the call duration patch before 1.4 update as I read many were having issues.

BTW...call duration patch is now available for 1.4
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    SMS Tone per Contact updated for me....
    not sure that there's a need for SMS Tones Per Contact anymore.....am I missing something?
    I am sick and tired of not having call duration!!! People, it's not that we're trying to add up minutes to see if we're over or something.
    I don't get it ... mine just "magically" started showing up. I removed the patch (since it wouldn't load anyway).

Someone else in this thread said their's was still there. I checked and not call log times. This morning I saw the patch was available again, but before I installed it I checked my call log one more time and it was showing call durations ?!?! WTH?

So, is this available natively, or is this still some hold over from the patch?
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deafinoneear View Post
    Some of us do have parent's, my friend.
    They don't have cell phones? And you call them during the middle of the day? Free nights and weekends are there as well, Mobile to ANYTHING.

Call log works for me without the patch.
    Sprint webos 1.4 here - I CAN see the call duration in the call log. Funny thing is, I was looking for it yesterday after removing the call duration patch and couldn't find it. Read that it's hit or miss with some people. Maybe the people that had the patch will be having issues with this.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    ^rebooted, now it's gone again. Definitely buggy.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    BTW, I don't think the SMS tones per contact is obsolete - 1.4 does not give you the ability to assign different tones for each contact. I assigned different sms tones for family, coworkers, close friends, etc.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    So is there anyone seeing call duration on Sprint that HASN'T messed with patches before? Sounds like everyone commenting that they have seen it on their phone had at one point installed the patch.

I have never patched my phone and have never had call duration. It's crazy that this would need a patch just to get functioanlity that has been built into phones forever... and even crazier if it is Sprint themselves who are disabling this feature by request. If that turns out to be the case my business will move to Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    not sure that there's a need for SMS Tones Per Contact anymore.....am I missing something?
    Yes. 1.4 does not give you this ability. You cannot give an individual contact his own SMS tone without this patch.
    It's crazy that this would need a patch just to get functioanlity that has been built into phones forever... and even crazier if it is Sprint themselves who are disabling this feature by request. If that turns out to be the case my business will move to Verizon.
    Seriously? You're going to pay more, for a tiny little thing like that? Especially when it's a tiny little thing that can be fixed with a patch? (There's an updated call log one that works now).
    dbsooner put up a patch last night to enable call duration for sprint phones... check preware.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
  15. nak
    For those having the problems with call duration, dbsooner has whipped out a new patch to enable it on 1.4.0. Here's the link to the post and his explanations:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2264401
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Seriously? You're going to pay more, for a tiny little thing like that? Especially when it's a tiny little thing that can be fixed with a patch? (There's an updated call log one that works now).
    Patches are great for those who want to "tinker" and maintain them on their phones. I personally don't want to have to worry every time an update comes out if some patch I've installed will hose my phone, or if the update will disable the patch. Especially not for something so simple and expected on every phone. Sprint should be ashamed. It's no wonder business users stick with Windows Mobile... I always had a complete record of all call durations on there (Sprint and Verizon). I am loving the Pixi but as I said, this single issue is possibly enough to get me off of Sprint.

And as I explained, it's not in any way a "tiny little thing". The difference in a single instance of shorting the bill on a customer by only 15 minutes in one month will more than pay for the difference in pricing between Sprint and Verizon. We are talking actual lost $$ here. It's just stupid.
    Patches are great for those who want to "tinker" and maintain them on their phones. I personally don't want to have to worry every time an update comes out if some patch I've installed will hose my phone, or if the update will disable the patch. Especially not for something so simple and expected on every phone. Sprint should be ashamed. It's no wonder business users stick with Windows Mobile... I always had a complete record of all call durations on there (Sprint and Verizon). I am loving the Pixi but as I said, this single issue is possibly enough to get me off of Sprint.

And as I explained, it's not in any way a "tiny little thing". The difference in a single instance of shorting the bill on a customer by only 15 minutes in one month will more than pay for the difference in pricing between Sprint and Verizon. We are talking actual lost $$ here. It's just stupid.

It's a bug within the OS. Call duration is suppose to be there but as dbsooner pointed out, somehow the value is being changed at random. His patch corrects the randomness. The call duration on/off can be found in the preferences of the phone app. It's already been reported to Palm as bug in 1.4.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    It seems some here believe that it is something Sprint is disabling by choice. I always assumed it was a bug, and that it owuld be fixed in 1.4. Then my friend got his Pixi Plus from Verizon and he has call durations.

And now they are STILL not on Sprint even after the update. I am thinking those who think Sprint is to blame are correct. I suspect the setting may be there at their request...
    sprint has disabled call duration by default on all the treos. I cheched the pre right away and sure enough it's still disabled. When I saw that 1.4 will enable call duration, I was surprised but had a feeling Sprint would block it.

Are you aware as well that you can log into your sprint account online and they have a specific report system for people who charge clients fees, for free? Under the Billing and Payment area, Bill History and Analysis, Track Called Numbers. You can type in multiple numbers you want to track (clients home, cell, work, etc) and get a nice report to print out and use as a receipt to prove the billed time. This in my opinion is better in a billing client setting because what would you do with just the duration on the phone to prove to your client what your billing for? Take screen shots?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast