View Poll Results: Did you successfully update all of your patches after OTA to 1.4

Voters
500. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

215 43.00%
  • No

285 57.00%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Worked perfectly for me!

I had already removed LED notification and call duration in call log since those were reportedly built-in in 1.4. I also ran the Emergency File Verification app first to be sure my patches were in a good state. Installed the update, all patches (about a dozen) were updated in Preware (some were stubs, no biggie) and everything came back up in its patched state.

Brilliant work by egaudet and everyone else involved. I'll definitely be making a donation today to cover those bandwidth costs

ps - it looks like the Swipe To Delete Videos patch is also built in now, so you can remove that one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyS View Post
    Everything except the 4x4 v.3 updated fine. Preware automatically removed it for me (or hiccuped and lost it). Reinstalling from the feed worked just fine. I'd say the poll doesn't have enough options!
    4X4 v.3 updated okay for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    is anyone else seeing a huge gap between the bars and the battery with the battery % white patch??
    Yes. What's that about?
    i have 6 patches all but one was able to update! The one that wouldn't update was the hide music app patch
    Also, I was hoping for a fix for my yahoo messenger IM on my Palm Pre, it hadn't been working before (apparently an ipk I downloaded to use yahoo IM was saved to my palm profile, palm is aware of this & claims to be fixing it) my PROBLEM is now, I can't add a new IM account, i get to this screen shot & nothing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So I just woke up to see everybody is getting the update. I started downloading. Then I was reading on here about some trouble patches. I had time while it was downloading( some post said it takes an hour) to open preware and remove some patches( hide music, call duration, and I updated package manager services) now to finish the update, will post back to say how it went.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had 32 patches. I removed the call log patch as indicated by the posts here. I then ran the "update all" option. The trouble I have is that my screen went off, and now, I cannot get it out of "locked mode" because there is no slider when the screen comes on. It looks just like the normal lock screen, but without the slider. I am thinking this might have to do with the patch for ignoring the PIN lock for Exchange. In any case, I don't know whether to wait it out, or pull the battery and hope I don't have to do an EPR. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    All my patches failed. updated preware feeds, none of the patches would update - removing them one by one. sigh.

none of the emergency scripts would run.
    Overall, updating patches went well. Only one patch actually produced an error (PDF Landscape Viewer). However, the Hide Nascar patch and the Named Launcher Pages patch supposedly installed fine but they are not producing their intended effect. I guess I just need to wait for patch authors to put up some updates.
    Browser Multi Mod hosed up the browser. It wouldn't proceed beyond the thumbnails of my favorites. I restarted luna and it still wouldn't pull up a web page. I uninstalled it and the browser worked. I reinstalled it and it broke again. As soon as I removed the patch a second time, the browser started working again. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    Browser Multi Mod hosed up the browser. It wouldn't proceed beyond the thumbnails of my favorites. I restarted luna and it still wouldn't pull up a web page. I uninstalled it and the browser worked. I reinstalled it and it broke again. As soon as I removed the patch a second time, the browser started working again. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    I had the same problem
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    so i removed all patches before updating because im paranoid...
    now when trying to reinstall patches i get the following error...

seems to be with ALL patches i try to install...
    if i missed an explanation somewhere i apologize, can someone enlighten me?
    thanks...
    Last edited by toofless; 02/27/2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spel chek
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Patches no longer needed for 1.4.0:
    • phone-call-duration-in-call-log

Why does it say that this patch is no longer needed? I must be missing something because I see nothing in 1.4.0 that lists the phone call duration. I get a timestamp of when the call was made, but that's all.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    i removed most problematic patches mentioned i this thread before installation. i'll let you guys know if the rest updated fine for me in about 20 mins.
    I agree, more options are needed in the poll. I had to vote no because:

4x4 icons version 1 failed - had to re-install via Preware
    Battery icon as percent failed - had to re-install via Preware

I removed call duration in call log patch prior to updating because it said it wasn't needed. I don't see that function available in 1.4.0 (see my prior post).

Is there any way to tell the difference between actual apps installed and placeholders only? I couldn't tell and had to click on each individual patch in order to see if it was actually installed or just a place holder installed.

I have 19 patches installed, I haven't tested them all but the "Ringer Switch Icon" no longer works. When switching the ringer off, the mute icon no longer appears in the top bar.
    I voted yes because it basically worked, BUT:

My 4x4 v2 launcher patch has been removed.. after the update it was just gone, and I had to reinstall. After reinstalling it basically worked with a couple of flaws, I had to restart again to get rid of them.

5 other patches (including Battery and Percent) updated just fine.
    I voted no:

*New card per convo: Updated but doesn't work
    *Virtual Keyboard: Updated but doesn't work
    *Hide NASCAR app: Updated but doesn't work

Anyone else in the same boat?
    Browser Multi Mod freezes internet as previous posters have stated...and the Virtual Keyboard is not updated for 1.4 yet (according to the description) so I understand why that isn't working yet.

Uninstalled Multi Mod and internet works fine now. I guess I'll just wait for an update on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I voted no:

*New card per convo: Updated but doesn't work
    *Virtual Keyboard: Updated but doesn't work
    *Hide NASCAR app: Updated but doesn't work

Anyone else in the same boat?
    They updated so AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology) did it's job.

They don't work because those patches aren't ported to 1.4, that's an issue with the developers of the patch and a matter of time, not AUPT.

Duh?
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/27/2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    but the "Ringer Switch Icon" no longer works. When switching the ringer off, the mute icon no longer appears in the top bar.
    Remove and reinstall. All good, worked for me.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast