View Poll Results: Did you successfully update all of your patches after OTA to 1.4

Voters
500. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

215 43.00%
  • No

285 57.00%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Okay, the reboot after installation takes FOREVER! Scared the crap out of me. Just stuck on Palm logo with no glowing action. Had it in Dev mode and just charging on my computer. Finally couldn't take it anymore and was getting ready to safely removed it from my computer when my computer made the sound it usually makes when you plug something into a USB port. Then a message I've never seen before on my computer came up, This device could work a lot faster if you plugged it into a 2.0 USB port...***? Then the boot logo started to glow (YES!). After the reboot finished it seems fine, except all my patches seem to be gone so it's off to Preware (I love the little glow screen when you tap to open a program! Kudos, Palm)...Wow, 73 package updates await! I didn't hit the update all button because I know I've had trouble in the past with a couple patches if they aren't put on in a certain order so 1st I added Hide App Vendors, then Scrim Multi, then Personal Avatar Left Side followed by a luna restart. Then Scrim Chat Balloon, 4x4 Icons v3, Enable Add Delete Pages, Gesture Tap for Info and Delete, Named Pages in Launcher (not ported yet...just a placeholder), Advanced Reset Options followed by another Luna restart. All pages and apps appear to be missing but if you start typing they come up so I did another Luna Restart. The apps are back but the pages are all gone except one! Then I started mass adding but never hit Update All because I had a couple patches like Unthrottle Download Manager, Call Duration in Call Log, and Select Alert and Notifications that I'm not sure will be neccessary after this update so I didn't want them included at this point. Ran into a snag with Hide Musicplayer App and Enable Landscape PDF Viwer and had to uninstall them (and several others). I just finished with the Preware patch update. I have almost 70 patches on my Pre. Will wait until morning to find out if I gotta' doctor...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Landscape PDF failed. Everything else worked very well! Thanks a lot to everyone, who makes this possible! The AUPT Patches are great!!!
    i updated my phone with all patches still on. my phone updated with no problems but none of my patches were on the phone after 1.4 was on. preware doesn't work for me now so i am reinstalling it to find a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    The Update All function isn't working so I'm updating each of my 22 patches individually. So far, so good...
    went smooth did receive ipkg error not sure why
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    So far I've noticed that my Timestamps - Clean and hiding of NFL and Nascar apps are not updating. Still looking around...
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I have 9 total patches. All updated perfectly (the ones that aren't available yet updated to placeholders). Looking good so far. Even one that is dependent on another program (I think it's the one that places the MM/DD in the top bar) upgraded just fine.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    I had about 9 patches installed, after updating all, only 2 went through, I just epr'ed and it's no biggie, I have a save list on my memos, thnks though!

EDIT: The multi-mod patch is not installing, will try on WOQI
    Last edited by chefjabril11; 02/27/2010 at 06:11 AM.
    I had aproximately 30 patches installed before the update, and Preware only failed to update 2 of them.

phone-call-duration-in-call-log
    match-state-to-area-code.

The phone call duration patch I just removed after it failed to update because as the OP said, it's no longer needed with the WILDLY improved call log.

Match state to area code gave an IPKG error even after multiple relaunches of preware and multiple reboots. Unfortunately, even though the package description says that it's not available for 1.4 yet, preware returns the same ipkg error when I try to remove it.

Overall, I'd give Preware and the new AUPT scripts an A. This was the most painless update ever.
    if you go check ur install patches you will see if you click on them that some of them are not doing anything because you can't use them yet with 1.4
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Match state to area code gave an IPKG error even after multiple relaunches of preware and multiple reboots. Unfortunately, even though the package description says that it's not available for 1.4 yet, preware returns the same ipkg error when I try to remove it.
    This was my only issue as well

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Overall, I'd give Preware and the new AUPT scripts an A. This was the most painless update ever.
    Agree!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Sorry guys, but AUPT failed complete for me after WebOS update.

All patches are marked as installed in Preware, no update possibilities. But the patches are still inactive since the WebOS update.

Preware and patches were in actual revisions, before the update I made an "Emergency File Verification" without errors to secure that all patches are AUPT-3 compatible.

What was going wrong, in the moment it sounds like EPR plus reinstall. Or are there other ways to go?

TIA
    Joerg
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Of 34 patches, only had 2 errors.
    Browser Multi-Mod &
    PDF Viewer Redux

Everything else either updated or installed a marker for later updates.

Smoothest update transition ever! Only removed a single theme.

Thank you to all contributors at Web OS Internals!
    The 3000 extra words would not update or remove, and since it is first in my list I could not use the automatic update feature; had to update each patch manually. Some worked, some did not.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    The 3000 extra words would not update or remove, and since it is first in my list I could not use the automatic update feature; had to update each patch manually. Some worked, some did not.
    I'd recommend that you close preware and re-launch it, attempting the update each time. I had a similar issue because of my one patch that won't update or uninstall, but after a few repeated runs, they were all taken care of before even doing a luna restart. It was much smoother than the old EPR and reinstall everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robopaul View Post
    Sorry guys, but AUPT failed complete for me after WebOS update.

All patches are marked as installed in Preware, no update possibilities. But the patches are still inactive since the WebOS update.

Preware and patches were in actual revisions, before the update I made an "Emergency File Verification" without errors to secure that all patches are AUPT-3 compatible.

What was going wrong, in the moment it sounds like EPR plus reinstall. Or are there other ways to go?

TIA
    Joerg
    Did you MANUALLY update preware feeds?

You can also use WebOS QI as an alternative.
    Smooth as a baby's bottom. I had removed LED Notifications, Call Log Duration and Select All/Compose New Txt before hand, knowing ahead of time to do so.
    does anyone have virtual keyboard? i cant find it in preware and was just wondering if it hasnt been updated yet or has been taken down
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Did you MANUALLY update preware feeds?
    Yes, and it worked now. I thought the update is every time I restart preware.
    Thanks Again.

Joerg
    Had/Have 3 Patches (show dev. mode icon, add/delete pages and no missed call callback) installed, all of them updated. have to check the callback patch yet if its working. only tweeds seems to be broken a little bit, links from twitter posts don't open any more
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Updated all my patches and everything works great! My Pre is lightening fast now
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast