View Poll Results: Did you successfully update all of your patches after OTA to 1.4

Voters
500. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

215 43.00%
  • No

285 57.00%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    +1
    Just remove it and don't look back...
    The only thing I used multimod for was pageup/pagedown using spacebar/period. But I'd REALLY miss that functionality if the patch weren't updated. Why doesn't include pageup/pagedown gestures and/or keystrokes????

Any chance someone could do a simpler patch that just implemented the navigation keys?
    Another reoccurring glitch: When I hit the power button to unlock, a regular screen(like a message thread screen for example, whatever it was one when I locked it) comes up with the lock circle at the bottom, it drags up the same and isn't a real problem, in fact it's actually pretty practical, is this even a glitch?
    I was able to update the patches - I ended up using WQI because preware was taking *forever*. (it would be very helpful if preware had a progress indicator for things being downloaded. the spinning circle isn't very informative in terms of speed of the download or progres...)
    I wish there had been more options on the poll.
    I had to answer no, but of course I resolved my issues. And like so many others, it wasn't the fault of AUPT but instead dependencies. In my case the only one that caused a hiccup was PDF Redux. And then of course like others have mentioned, Browser Multimod breaks internet, so...

Thanks Webosinternals Team! Specifically, Eric G!
    As others have said, MOST PAINLESS UPDATE YET.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I voted "yes" in the poll; although, that is not completely accurate. I did have some minor issues (onscreen keyboard, pdf landscape, etc) that have already been documented. Overall, I am relatively happy with - and grateful for - AUPT.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    zero issues using WOSQI to update patches. everything working great.
    Being on Verizon, I was able to download the newest version of Preware on Saturday between my obsessive pressings of the Update icon on my phone. I got 1.4.0 this morning, then updated all the patches through preware. They all seem to be working OK
    hello all

installed 1.4, reboot and updated all patches.. no problems..
    needed to reinstall my theme.. but nothing else.

kind regards
    thomi
    Browser mulit mod was my only point of failure, and I see that's been updated with a place holder now. 12 other patches all took care of themselves.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Mine failed completely because PreWare flaked out. For some reason my Preware stopped seeing updates to PreWare at 0.9.18 so as far as I could tell my phone was up to date. It still saw updates to other apps but not Preware.

I'm not sure what horror I've just unleashed on my Pre by updating with a ton of patches in place. So far it works but we will see after I re-install PreWare via QuickInstall.
    in an attempt to increase download speed i followed some of the advice on the Unthrottle Download Manager forum thread and manually updated several .conf files after upgrading to v1.3.5.1. I was not able to uninstall it in 1.3.5.1 and after attempting to do so again after the v1.4.0 upgrade, Preware was toast. If I ran it from my Pre, it apparently looped into a memory allocation routine and froze the Pre - had to pull the battery out. Web OSQI did the same thing if I tried to install any other patches.

Web doctored the phone and am in the process of installing patches, apps, etc.

Lesson learned...
    Just had issues with multimod and landscape pdf. Once I removed multimod browser could go to a page. Landscape pdf still failing on install so need to research to find out what the fix is.
    WOW... I can't wait until the next OTA update.

Everything worked GREAT for me (obviously waited a few days to let the proper patches get updated and placeholders get aligned for me already)... EXCEPT for the "Named Pages in Launcher" patch.

I left that patch on there... and it complained. Gave several lines of "hunk" errors. I'm presuming because it left my page names somewhere and it didn't get wiped.

Looks like I'll just have to stop using that patch. Not THAT great, but it does remind me of the PalmOS of old.
    Everything went fine for me except a multi mod patch. I am having a problem though. I updated to 1.4 then updated all of my patches (22) through Preware on the phone. I then hooked up to WOSQI to change the rounded corners to square. Now when I load Preware it only shows one thing (just led torch) under installed packages whereas before it showed all patches, apps, etc. I have show installed turned on. Any ideas?

I have patches installed, ie simple shutter sound off, but when I navigate to them in Preware it shows that it is not installed. Everything was fine before I hooked to WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpmstrb View Post
    Everything went fine for me except a multi mod patch. I am having a problem though. I updated to 1.4 then updated all of my patches (22) through Preware on the phone. I then hooked up to WOSQI to change the rounded corners to square. Now when I load Preware it only shows one thing (just led torch) under installed packages whereas before it showed all patches, apps, etc. I have show installed turned on. Any ideas?

I have patches installed, ie simple shutter sound off, but when I navigate to them in Preware it shows that it is not installed. Everything was fine before I hooked to WOSQI.
    That patch has been updated. If the update feature doesn't work, just try removing it and then install it as new.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I think you're misunderstanding. I used the simple shutter sound off as an example. It is installed along with 21 other patches via the update all function after the update to 1.4.0. Everything went fine, but now they show as not being installed even thought they are. How do I go about removing them if they don't show up as being installed? EPR? I have no way to remove them in Preware and WOSQI does not show them as being installed so it doesn't give me an uninstall option.
    It's also not showing any applications as being installed under "installed packages" either.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpmstrb View Post
    It's also not showing any applications as being installed under "installed packages" either.
    Try installing Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Ran ECU and everything seems back to normal. THANKS!
    I'm an *****.... in my excitement/haste to install 1.4 after a week out of the country, I forgot to remove my theme (I did however remove the Call Log and LED notification patches).

Preware and Package Manager were updated before the 1.4 update. Now, when I load Preware it say the PMS is not running, even after multiple re-installs and restarts. Preware then closes with no feeds.

Did I mess everything up??? Will I need to do a clean install of 1.4 with the Doctor? Can I save myself here?

Oh man...
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast