Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm hoping I can get some help. I had my first Pre since the release date and have just had to replace it for the first time. I have the following questions.

    1. I have installed Preware but patches do not show up inside preware.

    2. Is there any way to reinstall all of the patches that I had on the old phone automatically or all at once?

    3. It seems like I have so much work to do now that I have finally had to replace my Pre. This seems crazy to me and really makes me scared of losing my phone or breaking it. Is this just the way things are or am I missing something? I have to recreate all of my launchpoint speed dials, Move all of my apps around again, add pages to the launcher, etc.....
  2. #2  
    After getting a replacement pre, you should always first and foremost update to the latest webOS version.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  3. #3  
    there is no way to mass download patches all i can recommend is taking a screenshot of your installed patches so you know which ones to reinstall in case you have to swap again
  4. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
       #4  
    Thanks guys, I just took for granted that the phone I was getting from the supplier would be up to date.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    there is no way to mass download patches all i can recommend is taking a screenshot of your installed patches so you know which ones to reinstall in case you have to swap again
    Probably too late for the OP, but this actually isn't true. Point your browser to

    Index of /feeds/webos-patches/

    and then click on which webos you are using. Download any and all patches that you are wanting to install (multiple versions of the same name just download the highest number). Make sure you note where you save these. Open up WebOSQuickInstall and drag these saved patches over to the window and click install.

    This method is MUCH faster than going one by one (particularly with firefox/downthemall/and the flashgot combination).
  6. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
       #6  
    Not to late, but very sweet. TY
  7. #7  
    correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this what "emergency patch installer" in preware supposed to do? Although I haven't tried it (but will soon as I get my daughter's replacement pre), wouldn't you just have to copy the patches file in the USB partition and then run the linux application to reinstall all the patches you had on the old pre?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this what "emergency patch installer" in preware supposed to do? Although I haven't tried it (but will soon as I get my daughter's replacement pre), wouldn't you just have to copy the patches file in the USB partition and then run the linux application to reinstall all the patches you had on the old pre?

    EPI is to re-install all the package data from patches after a partia/full erase. Since partial/full erase will erase the patch package data (that tells preware/QI it is installed) but not touch the rootfs which the patch is applied to. But EPI will not run the postinst to apply the patch to the rootfs.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  9. #9  
    from personal experience,im pretty sure that I DO get updates and these patches ARE correctly identified on WOQI. They did however at one point not do this. About the time AUPT hit is when I noticed a change, less I am mistaken.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmoncrief View Post
    from personal experience,im pretty sure that I DO get updates and these patches ARE correctly identified on WOQI. They did however at one point not do this. About the time AUPT hit is when I noticed a change, less I am mistaken.
    I apologize, I had thoughts from another thread in my head when I posted that. My post would only be relevant to .patch files being drag&dropped. Installing the .ipk files will indeed be perfectly fine. I have removed my erroneous post.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate

Posting Permissions