Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    With my 755P, when a call came in that I couldn't answer, eg... in a meeting, one of the options available was to ignore the call and to send the caller a text message. Selecting that option opened up the txt messaging app pre populated with the callers phone #.

I *really* miss that feature with the Pre. Would it be difficult to implement as a patch, or is it better suited as an app? Either way, I'd like to have that functionality back...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    With my 755P, when a call came in that I couldn't answer, eg... in a meeting, one of the options available was to ignore the call and to send the caller a text message. Selecting that option opened up the txt messaging app pre populated with the callers phone #.

I *really* miss that feature with the Pre. Would it be difficult to implement as a patch, or is it better suited as an app? Either way, I'd like to have that functionality back...

Thanks!
    I second that motion and this seems more suited as a patch rather than a standalone app. I really miss that feature too! I don't understand why when moving from Palm OS to Web OS you wouldn't keep the features end users are already accustomed to.
    +1

Gotta say that I'm on board with this one as well. I didn't realise how much I used that particular function until I didn't have it any more.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    +1

I would love to have that as a patch
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    +1

I really miss this feature from my Centro.
    Hope fully one of you talented developers can turn this wish into a reality.

Keep up the great work!
    +1 Yes, this is a dearly beloved feature of my Centro also missed.
    +1 from me also.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Any developers have a thought on this? How difficult would this be?
    I'm not an expert my any means, but i think i know how it could work -- i'll look into it. Even if i can't get it working at least i can find locations for someone with more experience who can get this working.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    I'm not an expert my any means, but i think i know how it could work -- i'll look into it. Even if i can't get it working at least i can find locations for someone with more experience who can get this working.
    Hi Veritas

Was wondering if there's been any movement on this?

Thanks!
    I haven't looked into it yet.

For anyone that was interested, this is what i was thinking of ( if someone wants to pick it up or just confirm if it would/wouldn't work:

I was going to try & modify the "Ignore Button" so that it would obviously ignore the call, then open the messaging app with the number from the incoming call along with a set message to be pasted into the body of the message ( i could swear i saw this done before ). The only thing i didn't know how to do would be to have it sent automatically.
    This is a great feature if you could get it to work. Thanks to Veritas for looking into this. My wife will appreciate this. She hates getting the old ignore and no text with it.

Thanks again!
    I played around with this for a couple of hours the other night by adding code to the incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs, $but$ $it$ $would$ $always$ $kill$ $the$ $incoming$ $call$ $scene$.

Here's what I was trying to add:
    Code:
                    this.number = number;
                    if ((number !== undefined) || (number !== null) || (number !== "") || (number !== "unknown") || (number !== "unknown caller") || (number !== "blocked caller")) {
                        this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', {
                            method: 'sendMessageFromCompose',
                            parameters: {
                                id: 'com.palm.app.messaging',
                                    params: {
                                        value: number
                                        messageText: "CANNED MESSAGE HERE"
                                    }
                            }
                        });
                    }
    I also tried the launch method without success...I may give it another shot later this week, but I figured I'd share my efforts should anyone else want to run with it.