1.    #1  
    With 1.4 supposedly due in the UK tomorrow is it safe to assume that all one needs to do before updating is to run EPR before installing 1.4?
    Is this the prefered method or should all patches be removed 1 by 1 with Preware? talking of which is it safe to leave the preware app installed when updating to 1.4?

Ta
    This has been discussed numerous times... please search for AUPT for more info.

In short... If you open preware today and all of your patches are up to date. Then you can update without removing the patches. If you feel safer running EPR and reinstalling your patches one by one... you can do that too. But you must remove your theme first no mater what.

---If you go the I want to remove patches route... then yes EPR is the preferred way.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  3.    #3  
    No themes installed, so the "remove patches before updating" thread turned out to be just scaremongering?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    No themes installed, so the "remove patches before updating" thread turned out to be just scaremongering?
    Yes, the poster apologized... and the webos-internalz team said there were no known issues with the update and the patches. Yet they are still providing the EPR for those who choose that route over trusting AUPT.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  5.    #5  
    I think i'll suck it and see, easy enough to doctor if it goes belly skywards :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Yes, the poster apologized... and the webos-internalz team said there were no known issues with the update and the patches. Yet they are still providing the EPR for those who choose that route over trusting AUPT.
    Absolutely:

1) All software has bugs
    2) All humans make mistakes
    3) AUPT is software, written by humans.

Whilst we have tested AUPT as much as we can, we make no guarantees.

We therefore provide the tools to

a) Update All with one click
    b) Remove all patches before OTA
    c) Remove all patches after OTA
    d) Verify that all patches have been removed

With that suite of tools, I think we cover the spectrum of complete trust in AUPT to complete mistrust of AUPT.

What each person does is a personal choice. Each person should make that decision for themselves, and not disparage or judge anyone else's decision.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals