Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    My volume rocker half broke. I'm able to make the volume louder but not lower. This poses a big problem when playing games where I need to be silent. Can someone make a patch that when the volume rocker is pressed and the volume indicator shows on screen, the user can drag the volume icon from louder to lower and viceversa?
    +1
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Nobody else thinks they can benefit from this?
    why don't you just go get yourself a warranty exchange (i exchanged for this exact reason)?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I fully back this one. All too often I just can not get fine enough volume control. One step os too soft and next is too high. I would love an application specific gain control
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    why don't you just go get yourself a warranty exchange (i exchanged for this exact reason)?
    Because this is my 5th Pre, and it is brand new (lockline gave me a BNIB). I have given up on replacing them, build quality is awful and the Pre is very fragile compared to every other phone I owned, including the 755p.
    I actually have a request that is similar in nature.

For some reason, the volume that is coming out of my headphones is just too low to even use them.

I'm not sure if it's the headphones (it's the original that came with the Pre, and I always thought they were good) or something else.

And of course the back speaker on the back can produce anything unless you are in a totally quite room.

Can we vote to have some kind of volume boost!

And maybe make that be control on screen, alone with the volume control that PreGK wants.

Rob

PS PreGK, to adjust your volume until you can fix the broken piece of plastic, just go to 'Sounds and Ringtones' and in there you can adjust the volume manually.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    how do I adjust the volume for apps? I only see the settings for ringer and system sounds.

P.S. A volume booster would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I actually have a request that is similar in nature.

For some reason, the volume that is coming out of my headphones is just too low to even use them.

I'm not sure if it's the headphones (it's the original that came with the Pre, and I always thought they were good) or something else.

And of course the back speaker on the back can produce anything unless you are in a totally quite room.

Can we vote to have some kind of volume boost!

And maybe make that be control on screen, alone with the volume control that PreGK wants.

Rob

PS PreGK, to adjust your volume until you can fix the broken piece of plastic, just go to 'Sounds and Ringtones' and in there you can adjust the volume manually.
    My Pre plays really loud on my BT headphones. I took one listen to the supplied headphones and filed them in the circular can.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My Pre plays really loud on my BT headphones. I took one listen to the supplied headphones and filed them in the circular can.
    I do have a stereo bluetooth headset.

It's the Plantronic 590A, they are very big, so it's not always appropriate to wear them.

The included headset believe it or not, have a great sound and produce some good bass. I was surprised that they did that well.

The are uncomfortable, so I just purchased some foam pads from Radio Shack and that fixed that issue.

I should be able to use a wired headset and be able to hear.

So Bluetooth is one solution, I need a wired solution, for when I don't have them charged up or just wearing them is not possible (the bluetooth version).

So does anyone know how to boost the volume, even if I have to go in and root the device.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I have the Backbeats 903's and they crank. Best sound, made my Sure's sound like crap and the phone feature is really good, people tell me they can't tell I am on a headset.
    The Backbeats have a volume control that is independent of the Pre's volume controls, that's why I think it has more volume boost.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 02/24/2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: add
    the volume output on the Pre is about the same volume as my previous mp3 players, which is good. my old Instinct was more limited on volume.

as far as the on-screen volume controls, this would be very useful when the phone is in a car cradle. Until i touchstoneize my car, I'm using a universal cradle that blocks the volume buttons.

the difficulty will be that the Pre has different settings for phone and media playback, and also for internal speaker vs headphone or line-out volume. this wouldn't be a quick add for the device menu, so perhaps an app with these controls would be best:

Speaker Settings
    -Ringer
    -Phone
    -Media

Headphone Settings
    -Ringer
    -Phone
    -Media

I'm also not sure, but I think most apps use the Media volume for levels, as opposed to having their own setting, (ie DrPodder).
    Quote Originally Posted by discolightning View Post
    I'm also not sure, but I think most apps use the Media volume for levels, as opposed to having their own setting, (ie DrPodder).
    You mean DrPodder is using it's own controls, could that be the reason it's so low for me.

That is what I am using when I have the low volume problem with my wired headset.

I'm going to ask him.

Thanks for an interesting lead.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    So is there no way to adjust the media volume via the sounds and ringtones app?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    You mean DrPodder is using it's own controls, could that be the reason it's so low for me.

Rob
    i'm not sure. i did order a pair of Backbeats today, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    So is there no way to adjust the media volume via the sounds and ringtones app?
    the bottom 'Volume' slider in 'Sounds and Ringtones' does not control media volume. tested it while playing the music app.
    Someone, anyone?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'll donate ten bucks to whoever can make a patch to do this...anyone else willing to donate? (just trying to motivate a patcher).
    I'd throw in 10!

If anything happens with this, mention it in here. I'm subscribed to this thread as I don't frequent this place. :-)
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I didn't want to start a new threat in this forum (hold me back!) so for now I'm pinging the folks following this thread.

As you know, when media or games etc are playing, the rocker buttons control the media volume. However, when no media, the rocker volumes control the ringer.

What drives me crazy is that I often find my ringer volume settings changed (especially down to zero volume) just through the course of using my phone during the day.

I would LOVE a patch that would disengage ringer volume from the rockers and force ringer settings only through the system sounds app.

What's people's opinion of the usefulness and feasibility of such a patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddard1 View Post

What's people's opinion of the usefulness and feasibility of such a patch?
    +1

I also am asking Jason to include in Preset Reset an opinion to reset the volume settings each reboot that it does.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast