1.    #1  
    Hello,

I wanted to install Virtual Keyboard, but never worked. Now with help, I could remove the folders. However, it seems that I have one patch with is not removed after doctor and ERP.

When installing VK, I get following message:

"ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/igkgScript.sh
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n] Apply anyway [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored --see webos-patches.log for more details"

When I look at installed patches I see Dial-tone off, and VK. When I want to remove them, itīs only VK. Dial-tone stays. Might be that I didn't remove before upgrading?!

However, I get following error message:

"ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/igkgScript.sh
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistants.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n] Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch

2 out of 2 hunks ignored --see webos-patches.log for more details"

What to do? I am just a user...

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'm getting the same kind of errors on 4 patches. I can't update or uninstall them. I get the unreversed patch detected message.
    How To get to a clean patching slate:

1) Backup any data
    2) Run EPR
    3) Partial Erase
    4) Doctor

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post

1) Backup any data
    2) Run EPR
    3) Partial Erase
    4) Doctor
    Is this really the only way to get rid of a stuck patch? Can we not, if we feel brave enough, access the command line and remove the reference to the patch?

Is it possible that this would enable us to reinstall the patch, and hopefully, get it working and/or uninstall it the correct way?

Also when I ran wosqi epr it says that there are no patches installed. Shows the same in Preware, however I still have 5 launchers pages, I have a character counter in messaging, and... well basically all the apps I had installed still seem to be there. I've restarted Luna and just to make sure I power cycled the device. The only this that shows up in Preware or wosqi is the 3000 autoreplace patch.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Im curious to know as well if this is the only way to remove the patches. I only have two stuck patches. One being disabling the led light for email aupt- 2 and the other calendar snooze duration selection aupt-1. Is there anything at all I can type into a command line??
    I'm having problems updating/removing the command line patch. Whenever I click the update or remove button in preware I get the error message "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution. How can I get rid of this patch, short of completely resetting my phone?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post

1) Backup any data
    2) Run EPR
    3) Partial Erase
    4) Doctor
    What is a Partial Erease? How do I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmonday73 View Post
    What is a Partial Erease? How do I do that?
    Check in the Device Info, then at the bottom tap Reset Options...You'll find it there.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Check in the Device Info, then at the bottom tap Reset Options...You'll find it there.

I went in quick install to device management. But there I can't see any reset option. Just uninstall certain apps. Or shall I look somewhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmonday73 View Post
    I went in quick install to device management. But there I can't see any reset option. Just uninstall certain apps. Or shall I look somewhere else?
    I meant the Device Info app on your phone.

i would say EPR first.

IF that does not work try a partial erase and then EPR again. Partial erase USUALLY will not delete your stuff as it only deletes the partion with linux on it.

p.s. i had a patch that would not install, ran epr and it installed fine. waiting for 1.4 to install more